+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CONFIRMATION PR PORTAL OUTSIDE CANADA

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Ok great, this is so helpful, I read about the time frame, but I wasn't sure about the 7 day window. This all clarifies things a lot - honestly, I appreciate this so much, thank you! I keep you posted on how things go and please do the same.
Will do. Good luck. I am sure everything's gonna be okay.

Reactions: Dolphin22

Dolphin22

Dec 20, 2021
Will do. Good luck. I am sure everything's gonna be okay.
Hey again, just a quick update: I received an email from IRCC this morning confirming that they will open the portal only upon my return to Canada and asking me to let them know when I am back. So it seems it is all good. I hope all goes well for you too.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Hey again, just a quick update: I received an email from IRCC this morning confirming that they will open the portal only upon my return to Canada and asking me to let them know when I am back. So it seems it is all good. I hope all goes well for you too.
Great! Thanks for the update. I still haven't heard from them yet... You in Ontario?

Dolphin22

Dec 20, 2021
Great! Thanks for the update. I still haven't heard from them yet... You in Ontario?
No, Québec, VO Montréal. Hopefully they get back to you soon. Just a note that their reply today was to my first email that I thought they had missed (which I had sent over 10 days ago...).

Reactions: sponsort

Deee

Feb 13, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon,

Request your advise with my below situation.

I had submitted my application when I was in Canada in Sept 2020. I moved back to India in November and later updated by India address in march using IRCC webform.

I received my PR Confirmation Portal email with the details to confirm on my Canada address and that I am in Canada. I think they are still thinking am an inlander. But that's not the case. Also I juat have a wp valid till Jan 2022 (but don't have a job in Canada) and also don't have a TRV to travel back.

I have responded to them mentioning am not in Canada and moved back to India and also address change was done.

Can you pls advise how my application will now be considered/processed? I hope they won't give COPR as am not in Canada.

But will they give a PPR right away to get stamping (which can be used to travel) or will the application will get reassessed for criminality and other Background checks as I have moved out of Canada.

Your thoughts will definitely shed some light and give some understanding.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
hello, did they letter send a Passport request mail and how long did it take

vartserg

Oct 8, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
04-03-2022
Med's Done....
20-04-2022
Hello,

I am in a similar situation as described above, however, I have received the portal credentials, confirmed my presence in Canada and uploaded a photo two weeks ago. I have not received eCoPR yet, and I need to travel outside Canada for three weeks at the beginning of November. There is almost no chance I will get a PR card before the departure. There will not be enough time to get a PRTD in the county I will stay in.
Is there any chance to put the process on hold at this stage?

HP261

Apr 19, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon,

Request your advise with my below situation.

I had submitted my application when I was in Canada in Sept 2020. I moved back to India in November and later updated by India address in march using IRCC webform.

I received my PR Confirmation Portal email with the details to confirm on my Canada address and that I am in Canada. I think they are still thinking am an inlander. But that's not the case. Also I juat have a wp valid till Jan 2022 (but don't have a job in Canada) and also don't have a TRV to travel back.

I have responded to them mentioning am not in Canada and moved back to India and also address change was done.

Can you pls advise how my application will now be considered/processed? I hope they won't give COPR as am not in Canada.

But will they give a PPR right away to get stamping (which can be used to travel) or will the application will get reassessed for criminality and other Background checks as I have moved out of Canada.

Your thoughts will definitely shed some light and give some understanding.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
How did you resolve this issue? I am in the same situation right now. Myself and my wife moved to USA and now received PR portal request but I am not able to go to canada due to stamping issue.

HP261

Apr 19, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon , I have sent the following message to IRCC through a Web-Form:

Dear Officer, My application has exceeded normal processing times; therefore, I request a response. On June 16th, 2021, I received the "PR Confirmation Portal" letter/e-mail but as stated in my application #E001913XXX, I applied from Brazil and therefore I am currently living in Brazil. For that reason, the landing process through the PR Portal does not work for me at the moment. I would like to complete the CoPR process from outside Canada, by getting the CoPR and the permanent residence visa directly from the Consulate General of Canada in São Paulo, Brazil. In that case, I would complete the landing procedures manually by traveling to Canada via an airplane. If completing the CoPR process from outside Canada is not an option, I would like to know if there is a deadline for me to travel to Canada as a tourist in order to be able to complete the landing process through the PR Portal process from within Canada. Looking forward to hearing from you so I can plan accordingly.

This is what they replied:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we cannot process applications normally and we cannot provide accurate processing times for most applications.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible and we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, we recommend consulting the Check you application status page to learn how we are processing applications during the pandemic and how to check the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

They have not answered if my application can be finalized from outside Canada and they have not answered if there is a deadline for me to travel to Canada as a tourist in order to be able to complete the landing process through the PR Portal. My medical exam will expire on March 18th, 2022.

I am just afraid that my application will get stuck as I imagine they could be waiting for my Portal information since they sent me the Portal e-mail but I will never answer that e-mail as my application was not made from Canada, therefore the Portal process does not apply to me.

Any thoughts on what might happen next or what should I do?

Regards,

Pedro
How did you resolve this issue? I am in the same situation right now. Myself and my wife moved to USA and now received PR portal request but I am not able to go to canada due to stamping issue. Can you please share the timeline?

Di123456

May 19, 2022
Hello,

I am in a similar situation as described above, however, I have received the portal credentials, confirmed my presence in Canada and uploaded a photo two weeks ago. I have not received eCoPR yet, and I need to travel outside Canada for three weeks at the beginning of November. There is almost no chance I will get a PR card before the departure. There will not be enough time to get a PRTD in the county I will stay in.
Is there any chance to put the process on hold at this stage?
Hi,
I am in the same situation , what did you do ?. . I have submitted photo and address in PR portal but still didn’t get Ecopr yet and I have to travel outside of Canada .So, what should I do?

vartserg

Oct 8, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
04-03-2022
Med's Done....
20-04-2022
Hi,
I am in the same situation , what did you do ?. . I have submitted photo and address in PR portal but still didn’t get Ecopr yet and I have to travel outside of Canada .So, what should I do?
Reply to the portal email, and ask to put your landing on hold with details about your travel plans: expected start and return date.

Di123456

May 19, 2022
Reply to the portal email, and ask to put your landing on hold with details about your travel plans: expected start and return date.
if i get Ecopr while i am outside and if I apply for prtd from outside of country ? , Is that acceptable way ?

vartserg

Oct 8, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
04-03-2022
Med's Done....
20-04-2022
if i get Ecopr while i am outside and if I apply for prtd from outside of country ? , Is that acceptable way ?
No. ECOPR can only be issued when you are inside Canada.
So, you either wait for ECOPR in Canada, then travel and apply for PRTD abroad or put landing on hold and travel with your current TRV status.