+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common Law Partner of PNP applicants

on_611

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
My partner is the applicant who is holding working holiday visa till SEP, we got the nomination letter and waiting for the AOR and IRCC number, before he can apply bridge open work permit, can I apply open work permit too? I am not skill level A or B. I am in Canada with tourist record now. If I can apply, which visa should I apply and how long does it take to proesss?

Reactions: Tophele

on_611

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
After we get the ircc number and we can apply bride open work permit the same time pr o have to wait till pr approved ?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
You don't need to wait for an IRCC file number. You are entitled to apply on the basis of your relationship with a provincial nominee and you should apply for both work permits together, before your spouse's current WP expires.

on_611

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
what type of work visa should I apply? how long does it take to process and if I change from tourist record to work permit, will I have implied status to start work or I have to.wait till I get the work visa?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
No, you can apply immediately as the spouse of a provincial nominee (LMIA exemption). If your spouse has already received a work permit you would included a copy of it as part of your WP application. If your spouse hasn't applied for a work permit as a provincial nominee yet, both applications would go in together.

on_611

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
I applied as the common law of PNP, he has working holiday permit which will expire in Sep ( It's not work permit as a PNP), He will apply bride open work permit after Sep, so according what you said, we can apply bridge open work permit in the same form? and I can't apply now? Because I checked the IMM5589e form, one of the form is IMM1344e, however my partner didn't get the PR yet, it's just processing...

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
so according what you said, we can apply bridge open work permit in the same form?
Not the same form. One form for each of you, submitted together.

and I can't apply now?
If you have a work permit now it's only because of your partner's permit. You have no basis to apply for a BOWP without his.

Because I checked the IMM5589e form, one of the form is IMM1344e, however my partner didn't get the PR yet, it's just processing...
I don't know what this means.

on_611

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
The PR application is not include work permit? So both of us have to apply work permit? For my PR application, he can apply bridge open work permit after he will get the IRCC number and I can apply the same time or before or after his PR approved?

He is holding WHV visa not bridge open work permit, as a common law partner, is it I can't apply work permit now?

To get the work permit, I have to follow the check list of

IMM 1344 e
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm1344e.pdf

or

IMM 5556 E
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5556e.pdf

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Look, I'm really sorry, but I no longer have any idea what you are asking . . . is there a PR application already? is there not application? have you already applied for work permits along with PR? if so, how did you do that?
You need help. You need professional help.
I can't help you on this forum.

on_611

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
is there a PR application already?
Yes, we applied but didn't get the IRCC number yet

have you already applied for work permits along with PR?
No...that's why I am confusing when can I apply work permit

That's ok, thank you for your patience ;)

Do you know if the border reopen, is the bridge open permit holder allow leave and re-enter Canada?

Jassibrarr

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Hi i am pgwp holder and i got mpnp nomination.i want to confirm if i can apply for my husband's sowp as i dont have noc job.what are the chances? Please reply