+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed WP - Passport Back.

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Hello :

I have received my passport back with the visa stamped. We applied for GTS Closed work permit.
In the return courier i have only the passport with stamping and the signed consent letter we sent along for both me and my wife.

I got pre approval letter from my attorney we are at the US.

Is that all we needed to travel ?

Apart from CANARRIV and quarantine plan etc.

Because i used to see approval letter mentioning closed work permit so on shared by few others, so not sure what are those.

Sarvesh Ahuja

Jan 5, 2021
Hello :

I have received my passport back with the visa stamped. We applied for GTS Closed work permit.
In the return courier i have only the passport with stamping and the signed consent letter we sent along for both me and my wife.

I got pre approval letter from my attorney we are at the US.

Is that all we needed to travel ?

Apart from CANARRIV and quarantine plan etc.

Because i used to see approval letter mentioning closed work permit so on shared by few others, so not sure what are those.
Hey!

I think I'm gonna be in the same boat after few days as yours. I have got BVL and PPR today from my representative. I applied GTS closed WP same as you.
Please can you let me know which documents are required to send VCS for visa stamping?
As per the letter, it seems I need to send a Passport Request Letter(PPR) and Passport only two documents to VAC.
Please can you confirm for me?

Thanks!

umairabid

Nov 27, 2020
I also got mine on Dec 17th but my company suggested not to book flights until I get the Travel authorization letter which I applied on Dec 21st and still waiting

Sarvesh Ahuja

Jan 5, 2021
I also got mine on Dec 17th but my company suggested not to book flights until I get the Travel authorization letter which I applied on Dec 21st and still waiting
I don't think so Travel Authorization Letter is required to fly as far as you have offer letter, stamped visa on your passport and company you are going to work is not closed. But still, I'm not sure.

umairabid

Nov 27, 2020
Okay got it. If I'm travelling alone is still Travel Authorization Letter required if you know?
Nope foreign workers are automatically exempted from travel restrictions, however your family is not exempted until you acquire authorization for them. Now I think you also need a covid test but airlines already require them

Sarvesh Ahuja

Jan 5, 2021
Nope foreign workers are automatically exempted from travel restrictions, however your family is not exempted until you acquire authorization for them. Now I think you also need a covid test but airlines already require them
Yes, I heard the news that a negative COVID test is mandatory now for all passengers who are traveling to Canada.
Please can you let me know is there anything else required for visa stamping except Passport Request Letter and Passport to VAC?

umairabid

Nov 27, 2020
Yes, I heard the news that a negative COVID test is mandatory now for all passengers who are traveling to Canada.
Please can you let me know is there anything else required for visa stamping except Passport Request Letter and Passport to VAC?
I don't think so but its better too keep all your professional docs and LMIA with you just in case immigration officer ask, keep them in your handcarry

Sarvesh Ahuja

Jan 5, 2021
I don't think so but its better too keep all your professional docs and LMIA with you just in case immigration officer ask, keep them in your handcarry
Yes, if I understood correctly it is required at the time of entry at the immigration check right? Before that, I just wanted to know I have got PPR and BIL so are there any other documents required to stamp a visa except the Passport request letter and Passport by itself to the VAC?

umairabid

Nov 27, 2020
Yes, if I understood correctly it is required at the time of entry at the immigration check right? Before that, I just wanted to know I have got PPR and BIL so are there any other documents required to stamp a visa except the Passport request letter and Passport by itself to the VAC?
When visa is stamped a letter of introduction will be uploaded to your IRCC account, you will also need that

Sarvesh Ahuja

Jan 5, 2021
When visa is stamped a letter of introduction will be uploaded to your IRCC account, you will also need that
Okay got it thanks for letting me know. So is there anything else required for visa stamping? Or only three documents - Passport request letter, Passport, and VAC consent form?

Last edited:

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Okay got it thanks for letting me know. So is there anything else required for visa stamping? Or only three documents - Passport request letter, Passport, and VAC consent form?
Pls make a note of below which needs to be sent to VAC.

1. Original passport
2. Passport request letter
3. VAC Consent Form - 2 Copies, put all the 5 pages irrespective where you sign.
4. One white sheet, just type YOUR NAME, US POSTAL ADDRESS, YOUR EMAIL, AND YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER make it like a self made cover letter.
5. RETURN FEDEX LABEL you received from VAC..

Thats all...

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Regarding travel authorisation, it is not needed if we fly directly from US...But i got a pre approval letter for myself and my wife..

So this is what i will be carrying to the airport.
1. Passport with Visa
2. Pre approval letter
3. Offer letter
4. Quarantine plan along with ARRIVCAN app...details..
5. Address detail of where i am planning to stay..

Pretty much thats all,, i do not come across any where need to carry LMIA...

Sarvesh Ahuja

Jan 5, 2021
Regarding travel authorisation, it is not needed if we fly directly from US...But i got a pre approval letter for myself and my wife..

So this is what i will be carrying to the airport.
1. Passport with Visa
2. Pre approval letter
3. Offer letter
4. Quarantine plan along with ARRIVCAN app...details..
5. Address detail of where i am planning to stay..

Pretty much thats all,, i do not come across any where need to carry LMIA...
And is COVID test also mandatory now right?