+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on : Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

pallaviu

May 11, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have read through this forum and need some help. I am thinking to apply for Canada PR and was busy calculating my points and i got stuck with this query, “which option should I select for education”.

I have done Diploma in electrical engineering (3 year full time course) after my 10th and then did Diploma in Interior designing (2 years full time course) and after that i did my 12th exam as well(as i was thinking to bachelors in UK, which i eventually dropped).

Now i am not sure if i can get points for two or more certificates diplomas or degrees.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

P

surejdev

Jun 29, 2019
Dears,
I have a Three year Polytechnic Diploma from Tamilnadu technical board in Electrical and electronics Engineering by lateral entry to second year after my 12th in science. It means I don't have mark list for first year. But I have
10th
12th in Science &
Diploma in EEE

vin1906

Star Member
Jun 12, 2015
Ohh th
  • I sent 2 credentials ( 4 years bachelor's & 1-year post grad cert) to WES, and the result was: Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor's.
  • In the same report, the 2nd credential was evaluated as Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one semester).
  • Later on, I have sent my PG Cert to IQAS and after 22 weeks Evaluation Summary is '' The Post Graduate Certificate generally compares to the completion of a Graduate Certificate with a focus in Petroleum Engineering''.
  • Today, I have sent my first credential ( 4year Bachelor's) to CES UofT for evaluation.
  • I will use IQAS & CES UofT to claim points for ''Two or more certificates, diplomas''
  • I will not use WES result for Express Entry, but my ECA report has already sent to IRCC.
So, my question is that at the end of the day, after ITA, is it possible that Visa Officer will reject or will ask a question, considering the fact that WES has already automatically sent an email to IRCC saying that 2nd credential recognized as a one semester (PG Cert)?

Although I will not use WES ECA, can contradictions between ECA (in this case it WES-IQAS) reports can cause problems?
Even I have similar situation. I gt my bachelors evaluated as 4 Yr degree bachelors. Now send pgdiploma for evaluation.. But my bachelor and pg diploma are from different areas.do what can I expect?, in your case was your bachelor and pg diploma from same field??

mechingineer

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Hi All,

I have my B.Tech(4years) evaluated from WES as B.Tech 4years. Now, I have completed my 1year PGDBA course from Annamalai. I have below doubts :

1. Can we submit ECA from two different assessment bodies like Bachelors from WES and PGDBA alone from CES?
I am asking this because the process in CES though time taking but is pretty straightforward and sure shot. However, the same in WES is now an unjustified and tedious process.

2. If I evaluate my 1year PGDBA alone(meaning, I will not be sending my B.Tech degree for evaluation just to save 200$) from CES, they will evaluate it as OneYear Under Graduate diploma. Now in this situation, Can a 4 Year B.Tech evaluation from WES and a 1 year under graduate diploma from CES be used in EE profile for claiming points for two or more degrees ?

Thanks in Advance!!!

nilug3

Jul 29, 2019
I have a WES validated Business Administration Bachelor's Degree (three years) credential. Planning to do the ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management (120 credits). My question is will I be able to claim the "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" for CRS points?

tssahota

Aug 6, 2019
Hi, I have:
1. A 4 years bachelor of Engineering
2. a on year post graduate diploma in Statistics from Panjab University (open learning/distance learning) along with my job.

Will i be eligible for 2 degrees/diploma/certificate?

Thanks!

Poojam

Aug 18, 2019
Someone please help me....i have 3 years of diploma right after 10th and 3 years of bachelors in engineering. Can i select only for bachelors degree OR two or more certificates in crs tool???? Please help and heres the comparison given by IQAS

Three year technical diploma program
Four year undergraduate degree program

Comparative levels:
Diploma generally compare to the completion of a post secondary certificate with a focus in electronis and communctn eng technology

The bachlors degree generally compares to the completion of a four year bachelor of science degree with a focus in electrical engrng

Any advise

Nov 27, 2015
Someone please help me....i have 3 years of diploma right after 10th and 3 years of bachelors in engineering. Can i select only for bachelors degree OR two or more certificates in crs tool???? Please help and heres the comparison given by IQAS

Comparative levels:
Diploma generally compare to the completion of a post secondary certificate with a focus in electronis and communctn eng technology

The bachlors degree generally compares to the completion of a four year bachelor of science degree with a focus in electrical engrng

Any advise
Questions?? Like, share and subscribe

ravivijaynair

Jun 19, 2019
Chennai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-05-2019
Doc's Request.
12-05-2019
AOR Received.
12-05-2019
Med's Request
11-04-2019
Med's Done....
19-06-2019

Comparative levels:

Any advise
You will get two or more certificates don't worry. Make sure you get both your certificates evaluated. I have done so and got points for two or more certificates.

ravivijaynair

Jun 19, 2019
Chennai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-05-2019
Doc's Request.
12-05-2019
AOR Received.
12-05-2019
Med's Request
11-04-2019
Med's Done....
19-06-2019
Thank u so much for this help have evaluated both the certificates
Go on. this was a big question for me too when I was applying.