+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

Jaz1234

Jun 3, 2014
Wadelmaki,

Yeah Im really suprise how quick the process was. Im expecting at least a minimum of 24 months. Mine is a single application, went back home 3 times and always employed.

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Congrats Jaz, I assumed the snail mail comes first or did you get the eCAS updated?
All The Best!

scooby.tw

Aug 1, 2009
wadelmaki said:
scooby.tw,

The typical is 24 months to test in Edmonton. There are very few people who got test invite in less than 2 years (Jaz1234 & msc1971) are part of the exceptions.

Do you know when your file was transferred to Edmonton (the only way to know that by calling CIC)?
Wadelmaki,

My file was sent April 2013, and was started processing July 2013.
I haven't got the update from CIC after that..
Perhaps, I should be more patient while waiting calling CIC.

Jaz1234

Jun 3, 2014
Thank you Canuto! Yeah snail mail came first yesterday. I will check my ECAS and see if they update it.

Immig19

Sep 17, 2013
Hi Jaz1234! did you apply for urgent processing?
Jaz1234 said:
Wadelmaki,

Yeah Im really suprise how quick the process was. Im expecting at least a minimum of 24 months. Mine is a single application, went back home 3 times and always employed.

Dasha

Mar 1, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I had my test first week May. I applied Nov. 2012. Notification to take test last April 2014 - Passed. Still waiting for a notice of Oath Taking. I had an interview right after my test and the interviewer/officer said that they will contact me if they need more documents or if I need to appear for an interview in a judge. If nothing is needed, I will be notified to take the oath. I forgot the exact words but it was to that tune. Is this normal? I mean, what they say right after? I had no RQ but I did quite some travelling and was studying/unemployed (looking for a job)/ then employed ever since. The officer also checked both my passports and checked all the dates in the passport against my application. I hope I get my oath taking notification soon. What happens if one gets denied? One has to re-apply again?

Sorry for all the questions. I know I don't have anything to be concerned but I know myself that by nature I am a worrier thus all the questions.

Thanks .

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Dasha, Best advice is just don't worry and go on with your life and enjoy your summer. Worrying won't help expedite things one bit or help avoid RQ or ... If you will get an RQ you will get one, and if you will get an Oath you will get that too. If you never traveled any where you might still get an RQ, you might travel 100 times a year and then get an oath within a month of your interview. they might like your blue eyes and get you an Oath or they might hate how crooked your teeth and put you at the bottom of the heap. No one knows how these things run. For all I know, they probably scatter the applications on the ground, grab a chicken, cut off its head and throw it in the room, and wherever the chicken dies, that's who becomes a citizen and they then have chicken barbeque for lunch (if you watch southpark, you probably know that episode)

Unfortunately the citizenship system is setup to be extremely biased and lacking any equality. They want to delay us from obtaining citizenship and in addition they are making laws that strip you from citizenship easily, so it is a losing battle. Folks from Toronto area are known to have much faster applications. Calgary has like 18 ceremonies scheduled every month while Edmonton only would have like 5. Welcome to Canada.

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
for those who got the oath letter. what do you see in ecas? would it still say "in process" or would it say "decision made" or something else?

Jaz1234

Jun 3, 2014
My eCAS was updated 2days after I received the oath notice. It still shows "in process" until now. Maybe they will change it to "desicion made" once the oath taking is done?

msc1971

May 28, 2008
Finally, the long journey from applying for the PR application to the Citizenship is over!! Oath taken and applied for the Canadian Passport.
I would like to thank everybody and this forum for the support and help. Good luck to everyone who are waiting. Have faith and fun!!! ;) ;)

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
msc1971 said:
Finally, the long journey from applying for the PR application to the Citizenship is over!! Oath taken and applied for the Canadian Passport.
I would like to thank everybody and this forum for the support and help. Good luck to everyone who are waiting. Have faith and fun!!! ;) ;)
Faith and fun! Easy for you to say. The rest of us have a long stressful journey

Earn it... and enjoy it