+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Come on Edmonton Office. Please process more applications.

are there any more people that have June Oath invites? what about July?

Jan 9, 2014
very strange. CIC website does not show ceremony on June 5.
May 27
June 2
June 3
July 1
can they list on all ceremoies? Let's say open to public only?

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
CIC1973 said:
I wonder if msc1971 is actually from Calgary. Calgary does have a June 5th ceremony
CIC1973,

I tend to agree with you on the fact that msc1971 is from Calgary. Most of the applications are processed now in Edmonton were filed between April and June of 2012 and his was filed on Nov 2012. Unless Edmonton is not processing the files in a chronological order.

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Good find wadelmaki!

msc1971, I withdraw my congratulations to you, for giving us false hope

Joking aside, if you are from Calgary, let us know

Edmonton408

May 6, 2014
Not received any letter or e-cas status update for June 6 ceremony date. My neighbor who took his test on April 29 and was told June 6 also did not get any letter.

Although CIC website doesnt show June 6 date for Edmonton, there is a citizenship ceremony to be held on June 6 in Wetaskiwin.

So disappointing. I guess just sit and wait now.

mr.cand

Jul 11, 2009
Happy and confuse,We had done our test on March 20 2014 in Edmonton, We received invitation letter to take Oath on Jun 5 2014 @ 1:00 but do not show this ceremony in the cic web side. This is in Edmonton Canada place.

msc1971

May 28, 2008
:) I'm from Edmonton and had received the official oath ceremony an invitation letter in the mail. Its at Canada Place, downtown @ 1pm on June 5. Good luck to all of you.
Thanks ;)

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
msc1971 said:
:) I'm from Edmonton and had received the official oath ceremony an invitation letter in the mail. Its at Canada Place, downtown @ 1pm on June 5. Good luck to all of you.
Thanks ;)
Congrats msc1971....

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Canuto said:
Thanks wadelmaki and Kisunja. I will keep you all posted.
This has been a very long waiting time for us (Edmontonians) compared to other local offices in Ontario.
I just would like to get this thing over with, I'll start reading the reviewer and practice online.
;D
HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!
Canuto,

Good luck with your test today, please keep us updated......

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Thanks Wadelmaki. My wife and I just got our test today. Perfect score! 5 true or false and 15 multiple choice questions. Apnatoronto online mock test really works. My wife had a different set of questions.
After 5 minutes of waiting outside, we heard our name called by CIC agent. Sitting on a bank teller type booth. She is very friendly, showed me my score then reviewed all the pages of my passport, both old and renewed passports. She was trying to tally up the dates on my passports and my application form and she has another form with checklist and some prepared questions about my job here in Canada and explain to her what is the nature of my job? If I like doing it. I guess that was the portion of test of my English knowledge.last question if I was in troubled with the police. She said these are all routine questions and she will submit it to the CJ for further review. If all are ok with our papers, then expect to receive an oath taking invitation in 2 to 4 months, they have a huge backlog and won't be able to do it in a month. I'm hoping August 2014 I'll be a Canadian soon. Imagine a June 2012 applicant getting it's citizenship in 26 months or maybe longer??! Killing me softly. Thank God I did not received a post RQ note.
Well I wish and hope we all get our citizenship quicker somewhat similar to how they process in Ontario. Bill c24 sucks! Same as conservatives!!!
All the best!

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Canuto said:
Thanks Wadelmaki. My wife and I just got our test today. Perfect score! 5 true or false and 15 multiple choice questions. Apnatoronto online mock test really works. My wife had a different set of questions.
After 5 minutes of waiting outside, we heard our name called by CIC agent. Sitting on a bank teller type booth. She is very friendly, showed me my score then reviewed all the pages of my passport, both old and renewed passports. She was trying to tally up the dates on my passports and my application form and she has another form with checklist and some prepared questions about my job here in Canada and explain to her what is the nature of my job? If I like doing it. I guess that was the portion of test of my English knowledge.last question if I was in troubled with the police. She said these are all routine questions and she will submit it to the CJ for further review. If all are ok with our papers, then expect to receive an oath taking invitation in 2 to 4 months, they have a huge backlog and won't be able to do it in a month. I'm hoping August 2014 I'll be a Canadian soon. Imagine a June 2012 applicant getting it's citizenship in 26 months or maybe longer??! Killing me softly. Thank God I did not received a post RQ note.
Well I wish and hope we all get our citizenship quicker somewhat similar to how they process in Ontario. Bill c24 sucks! Same as conservatives!!!
All the best!
Canuto,

That is good to hear....mega congrats on passing the difficult obstacle, wish you speedy oath.....

On a side note, I just called CIC and the agent argued with me for 5 mins that there is no need to check status on my application, because it is too early.....I told him others are getting their test in less than 6 months, he told me this is very very rare.....Anyways at the end he checked my file and it is still in Sydney....ah, it is going to be a long haul.......