+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
I am well over three months of waiting and no news yet. Heck even when I call cic, they tell me they don't even see that I took the test. This is absolutely mind boggling! I wish if someone can tell me what do they do with applications after the test!!!

Either way, Thank you Canada

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Don't lose hope my friend! I met the CIC agent who interviewed us in my kids school today. I tried befriending her, she seems very accommodating. Then she said this Friday the 13Th of June they will be mailing more than 50 applicants to attend the Oath taking on Canada Day. So check your snail mail box next week starting 17Th.

batoum

Mar 26, 2013
Canuto said:
Don't lose hope my friend! I met the CIC agent who interviewed us in my kids school today. I tried befriending her, she seems very accommodating. Then she said this Friday the 13Th of June they will be mailing more than 50 applicants to attend the Oath taking on Canada Day. So check your snail mail box next week starting 17Th.
Wow they are doing great :D another 50 applicants to attend the Oath taking on Canada Day :eek: welcome to Edmonton!

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Canuto said:
Wow thank you man! you gave me some hope. I wish if she told you those 50 lucky folks, what test batch they were from? I am early April test batch :(

Having my oath on Canada day would be a dream! as long that day is in 2014 not later.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canuto, were you able to get any indication from her as to why the Edmonton office is so much slower than almost every other one?

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Hi Bambino, our conversation lasted only for a few seconds, i just introduced myself while brisk walking in front of the school, she's getting out of the school I'm just about to pick up my kid. felt like a paparazzi, she was in a hurry to leave maybe because I recognized her or maybe she and her kids are running because it was raining outside. but anyways, she just said i might want to check my mailbox at home next week, because they are mailing out this friday more than 50 applicants to be invited for the oath taking on Canada Day.
I doubt I might get invited for Oath taking on July 1, considering I just took the exam last month(May 29)
Sorry guys I was not able to harrassed her further. ;D

Shibiin

Jun 12, 2014
Finally I got may Oath invitation today, so happy!

My timeline:

Application received 5 April 2012
In process. 8 March 2013
Finger printing May 2013
Test. 9 April 2014
Oath. 9 July 2014

The long wait is over:)

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC1973 said:
Hensen, you are getting close to your test date I think. within a month or two
LOL, I am at 22 months too, and that's exactly what the call centre agents tell me when I call. I don't believe them. :p

Dec 24, 2013
The Edmonton office does not seem to be first come first serve, at all.
It's weird as it seems that the July 9 oath invitations have been sent out already.

Thanks Canuto for helping me take my mind off of it for a day yesterday.

sweetro

Feb 18, 2014
We sent you a notice on June 9, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 9, 2014 at 10:00 AM.

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
sweetro said:
We sent you a notice on June 9, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 9, 2014 at 10:00 AM.
sweetro,

Congrats for your oath invitation. What is your timeline?

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canuto, I thought it was a little strange that they would be mailing out notices on June 13 for a ceremony to be held on July 1. Now that two people have said that they've already received their oath notices for the July 9 ceremony, and that they were mailed on June 9, I am starting to seriously wonder about the veracity of that lady'a statement.

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
If that's the case, then I am ashamed of meeting that agent and misleading you all.
But has anyone posted an Oath Taker for July 1 in our zone?
Congrats to those guys who are invited on July 9, appreciate if you could post your timeline.
Kind regards to all.