+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

Svidur

May 15, 2012
Hi Everybody,

Finally I got the invitation to take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 15, 2012 at 9:00 AM. :)

I wish the same to everybody in this blog and everywhere in Canada !!!

Svidur

tarry65

Mar 16, 2011
Hi Guys,

Can you please share your timelines for citizenship at edmonton office.
My timelines: Applied--Oct 1, 2011
Processing started on January 26th, 2012.
No news after that.
Does somebody is close to me and got any news.

Mr lonely20

Aug 8, 2012
Hi
I have written my citizenship test on March 15, 2012 in Edmonton and still did not hear about them. I called the call centre on June 20, 2012 and she told me to call back if I do not hear within the next month. I could not call the call centre back because it is always busy.
Is there anyone else who is having the same problem?

E

erikag

Mr lonely20 said:
Hi
I have written my citizenship test on March 15, 2012 in Edmonton and still did not hear about them. I called the call centre on June 20, 2012 and she told me to call back if I do not hear within the next month. I could not call the call centre back because it is always busy.
Is there anyone else who is having the same problem?
I know about one person who had the test in May and is scheduled to take the oath this month.

You can try to call CIC in the morning a few seconds before they open their phone lines.
If this does not work, try this: Call the call centre's number, wait a few seconds, choose option 1, 2 and than 3. Wait a few second between 1, 2 and 3, otherwise it won't work. You will be either disconnected or put in the waiting list. If your call gets disconnected, repeat the steps above. I have never had to repeat this more than 6-8 times. One attempt should not take longer than 2 minutes.

E

erikag

tarry65 said:
Hi Guys,

Can you please share your timelines for citizenship at edmonton office.
My timelines: Applied--Oct 1, 2011
Processing started on January 26th, 2012.
No news after that.
Does somebody is close to me and got any news.
Unfortunately Edmonton office got really slow. The last reported information about test dates were in May. CIC has scheduled tests in May for those whose file went into process in Nov.
We probably still have a couple of months before our test will be scheduled. I was told by a CIC agent that my test can be scheduled any time before the end of March 2013.

Applied: Aug 27, 2011
In process: Jan 24, 2012
Transferred: Jul 24, 2012

Mr lonely20

Aug 8, 2012
Thanks erikag, I think we may all be stuck in the lack of Judge in Edmonton. I applied little bit earlier than you but we may still be in same wave.

I applied on June 2011
Processing started Nov 2011
Transfered to Edmonton Dec 2011
Wrote the test on March 15 2012

E

erikag

Svidur, enjoy the ceremony today! And congrats again!

Darbri, your big day is getting close also! :)
Is there a reason why the processing time of your file was so long? Those who applied around the same time as you did have received their citizenship within 12-14 months. I am afraid our timeline will be very close to yours. It has been almost a year we applied and we have not had the test yet. :(

Does anyone have any updates ... preferably some good news and not RQ! ;) ;D

Mr lonely20

Aug 8, 2012
I just know that they listed 5 new ceremonies in Edmonton, 80 people each, that will be held as follows:
Augst, 20
August 20, 10:00 AM
August 20, 2:00 PM
August 23, 10:00 AM
September 12, 10:00 AM
September 25, 10:00 AM

hope some of us will be there

E

erikag

Congratulations Serge!

I wish CIC would start sending out test invitation letters too! :(

Shahab12

Aug 16, 2012
Hi everyone,

It is very helpful sharing this kind of info and I am glad I found this forum.

I have been waiting soooooooo long:

"Your file was transferred to the Edmonton CIC office on December 13, 2010. ...

We sent you a notice on December 20, 2010 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 6, 2011 at 9:30 AM. ....

We sent you a letter on January 6, 2011. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

Any suggestions what should I do?
Thanks.

paraug99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Shahab12 said:
Hi everyone,

It is very helpful sharing this kind of info and I am glad I found this forum.

I have been waiting soooooooo long:

"Your file was transferred to the Edmonton CIC office on December 13, 2010. ...

We sent you a notice on December 20, 2010 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 6, 2011 at 9:30 AM. ....

We sent you a letter on January 6, 2011. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

Any suggestions what should I do?
Thanks.
What letter did you get on January 6? RQ?

Shahab12

Aug 16, 2012
Yes, if you mean Residency Questionnaire. I applied for citizenship exactly 2 years after my landing date, while I could have waited couple of weeks (due to traveling outside Canada) for my file to be processed regularly ...

paraug99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Shahab12 said:
Yes, if you mean Residency Questionnaire. I applied for citizenship exactly 2 years after my landing date, while I could have waited couple of weeks (due to traveling outside Canada) for my file to be processed regularly ...
Ouch, RQ can be a nightmare! I reckon you filled it out to your best knowledge and sent it back and you havent heard since then.
You're at the right place Shahab12, I'm sure some of the senior members would be able to help/share info with you.