+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

nwtspam

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
I were at the pink building this afternoon. The Edmonton CIC office is no longer accepting walk-ins like the rest of the country. :mad:

nwtspam said:
Nothing scheduled for AB, SK, MB at all?? Are they waiting for a big one on Canada Day?

darbri

Nov 9, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Jul 2010
AOR Received.
8 Sep 2010
File Transfer...
13 Sep 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 2010
Hello there, any updates ERIKAG OR K9FORTMC ?
Did my test in Fort McMurray on May 9 and nothing change on my Ecas. :(

nwtspam

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
no update from me as well...

I don't think there is any visiting judge coming to Edmonton this month... and the odd thing is that the entire Alberta (including Calgary) and Saskatchewan do not have any ceremony scheduled for the month of June neither.

abdul80

Jun 15, 2012
:(i had test on october last year ididnt pass but still aim waiting to next test but it took to long idont know why calgary take to long to get citizenship

nwtspam

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Your "next test" is to see a citizenship judge. Edmonton and Calgary are out of citizenship judge since January, 2012.

These applications will not be touched until late 2013 if you failed your test...

abdul80 said:
:(i had test on october last year ididnt pass but still aim waiting to next test but it took to long idont know why calgary take to long to get citizenship

E

erikag

nwtspam said:
Your "next test" is to see a citizenship judge. Edmonton and Calgary are out of citizenship judge since January, 2012.

These applications will not be touched until late 2013 if you failed your test...
nwtspam, there is a judge in Calgary. Someone has mentioned that June and the beginning of July will be slow in Calgary. I am not sure why but maybe the judge is on vacation ....
I do not think we will see much movement in Alberta this summer. :(

At some offices they let people, who failed, take a second test before seeing a judge. But it is getting very rare.

E

erikag

nwtspam, you might be right. :)

But it is only a temporary situation for Calgary. The last judge's appointment expired probably around January, 2012. But Minister Kenney has announced that "Joseph Keith Woodard has been appointed as a Citizenship Judge in Calgary for a three-year full-time term". His term will probably start this summer. My guess is that it starts in July ...

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-03-07a.asp

Now it is our turn. Is not it?

nwtspam

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
I was told that to provide proper training to a new Citizenship Judge would take approx. 6 months. Yes, it was from my MP again... ;)

erikag said:
nwtspam, you might be right. :)

But it is only a temporary situation for Calgary. The last judge's appointment expired probably around January, 2012. But Minister Kenney has announced that "Joseph Keith Woodard has been appointed as a Citizenship Judge in Calgary for a three-year full-time term". His term will probably start this summer. My guess is that it starts in July ...

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-03-07a.asp

Now it is our turn. Is not it?

Svidur

May 15, 2012
I wrote the test on March 02, 2012. Still didn't get any information about the ceremony. I called them and they told me that it looks like I passed the exam b/c they didn't scheduled me for the judge hearing. They advise me that I can wait even up to 6 months to the ceremony. Does anybody have the same waiting time ?

E

erikag

nwtspam said:
I was told that to provide proper training to a new Citizenship Judge would take approx. 6 months. Yes, it was from my MP again... ;)

Do you personally know your MP? My does not even bother to send me a reply. :( Please keep us posted! You are my only source of immigration information from Edmonton/Alberta. Thanks!

nwtspam

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
I attended his community BBQ events and was his registered volunteer during elections. He chairs one of the major committee with Jim Flaherty within Harper's circle. It's not hard to figure out who he is but please do not disclose his name here.

I will share with everyone if I hear more interesting topics from *him*.

erikag said:
Do you personally know your MP? My does not even bother to send me a reply. :( Please keep us posted! You are my only source of immigration information from Edmonton/Alberta. Thanks!