+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

nwtspam

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 10, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 10, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 25, 2011.

Your file was transferred to the Edmonton CIC office on December 15, 2011. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a letter on January 24, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (This is a police check request)

We sent you a notice on April 12, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 1, 2012 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

E

erikag

nwtspam, thanks for sharing your timeline. Make sure you do not rely on the online test questions. Read the book several times, even the comments under the pictures. CIC came out with completely new questions. The last couple of weeks many applicants had a really bad surprise when they received the questions. Good luck!

k9fortmc, I think it is your turn to receive your test date. :)

k9fortmc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Downtown vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hello my friends. I just checked my CIC online. They did change it at midnight todAy. It says : 'We sent you a notice on April 19, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 11, 2012 at 8:30 AM' .. I'm so happy. And i think you guys and gals should be next .. I wish you people all the best.

rom

Mar 5, 2012
Hello everyone sorry I been away. but good news was we had the oath so pleased well done everyone else who also had it and fingers crossed the rest wont have to wait long all the very best of luck. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

nwtspam

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Just came back from the test this morning. It was harder than I thought but I knew I was at 95% (or minimum of 90%)... My wife was also on the test and she had completely different questions.

That question "who is the head of Canadian Government" almost got me but took me 5 minutes going back and forth between the Queen or Prime Minister. In the end I circled Prime Minister... What a relief!!

Another 2 or 3 more months to go...

E

erikag

nwtspam, do you remember some of the questions? Could you please list as many as you remember? Thanks!
In a couple of months you will be a proud Canadian. :)

E

erikag

3 new dates were posted for Citizenship Ceremonies in Edmonton.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/english/results_resultats_eng.aspx?type=3

This is actually the first time I have seen any dates posted for our local office.

amaniziad

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
edmedm said:
You are lucky to get it all done in one go...lots of people have been waiting for months after the test. Good for you! Congratulations!
hi all ,

means that the process in Edmonton take from 6 to 8 months ... i feel it is shorter than other places in canada like toronto and vancover ?

nwtspam

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Stop asking the same question over and over again. Ottawa is the fastest. Move on please...

amaniziad said:
hi all ,

means that the process in Edmonton take from 6 to 8 months ... i feel it is shorter than other places in canada like toronto and vancover ?