+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

Svidur

May 15, 2012
We started processing your application on November 15, 2011
Your file was transferred to the Edmonton CIC office on December 16, 2011
the citizenship test on March 2;
If I haven't got any respond from them it means that I failed the exam?

nwtspam

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Your application is only 5 months old and you have your exam done already?? Very hard to believe!

They won't tell the the exam result.

Svidur said:
We started processing your application on November 15, 2011
Your file was transferred to the Edmonton CIC office on December 16, 2011
the citizenship test on March 2;
If I haven't got any respond from them it means that I failed the exam?

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
Hi guys please tell what type of formate for citizenship test, its a written test(means write an Ans of given Question,
or optional test(means chose one option in the given options)

Svidur

May 15, 2012
I should say that they received my application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 27, 2011. Therefore it is almost a year.

Svidur

May 15, 2012
sam pk said:
Hi guys please tell what type of formate for citizenship test, its a written test(means write an Ans of given Question,
or optional test(means chose one option in the given options)
The test is multiple choice.

Serge1992

May 17, 2012
Well I did my test on Feb 15 and im sure i passed, but i was also asked to hand in "additional info request" because I only had my "Child's travel ticket" which expired in March 2010 and i never received any other passport of any kind. I was given request list on the day of the test and officer told that as long as I hand in everything within 15 business days my file will not be slowed down by it. Today i called CIC and I was nicely told that my file looks good and there's no appointments with judge or anything that would look abnormal, I was told to keep on waiting until August and that it might take up to 6 month.
So no panic friends.
here's my timeline for the record
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 31, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 31, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 24, 2011.

We sent you a letter on October 24, 2011 . If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Your file was transferred to the Edmonton CIC office on November 30, 2011. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on January 16, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 15, 2012 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

E

erikag

Svidur, Serge - thank you for posting your timeline.

Serge, if I were you I would remove the address from your post.
Did you receive a Residence Questionnaire (RQ)? I am surprised you were told that your case won't be delayed by the RQ. Every RQ case takes a lot longer than a simple case. Without the RQ you would already be a Canadian citizen.

nwtspam

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Sound like they have already delayed your application due to the "additional info request"... It would normally take ~60 days for your ceremony after the exam. During the exam they would tell you it takes up to 90.

PS: Remove your address from the thread.

Serge1992 said:
Well I did my test on Feb 15 and im sure i passed, but i was also asked to hand in "additional info request" because I only had my "Child's travel ticket" which expired in March 2010 and i never received any other passport of any kind. I was given request list on the day of the test and officer told that as long as I hand in everything within 15 business days my file will not be slowed down by it. Today i called CIC and I was nicely told that my file looks good and there's no appointments with judge or anything that would look abnormal, I was told to keep on waiting until August and that it might take up to 6 month.
So no panic friends.
here's my timeline for the record
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 31, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 31, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 24, 2011.

We sent you a letter on October 24, 2011 to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Your file was transferred to the Edmonton CIC office on November 30, 2011. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Edmonton CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on January 16, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 15, 2012 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

E

erikag

nwtspam, even if she/he removes the address from her/his post, it will be still visible in your quote .... Can you delete the address from the quote? :)

Has anyone know anything about the planned transfer of the Edmonton CIC office to Calgary? There was an article in the Winnipeg Free Press in April about this.

CIC is amalgamating its offices from Winnipeg, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina and Lethbridge into one site in Calgary.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/cereal-research-centre-at-u-of-m-to-be-mothballed-147121225.html

nwtspam

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
That would be nice, but why Calgary? We are the capital of Alberta but we don't get to keep a CIC office?

As some of us might know, Edmonton does not have a citizenship judge at the moment, most likely will not have one for the next 12-15 months, plus few months to train the new judge so it will be an automatic 18 months delays for those who failed the test...

erikag said:
nwtspam, even if she/he removes the address from her/his post, it will be still visible in your quote .... Can you delete the address from the quote? :)

Has anyone know anything about the planned transfer of the Edmonton CIC office to Calgary? There was an article in the Winnipeg Free Press in April about this.

nwtspam

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
When does CIC Edmonton request Residence Questionnaire (RQ)? Right after the test? 2 weeks after the test? Please share your experience.

Thanks!

E

erikag

nwtspam said:
As some of us might know, Edmonton does not have a citizenship judge at the moment, most likely will not have one for the next 12-15 months, plus few months to train the new judge so it will be an automatic 18 months delays for those who failed the test...
This would have been my next question. :)
Do you think this is causing any delay in the cases? I do not think we will get a judge if CIC is transferring the office to Calgary. :(

As far as I know most people receive the RQ either at their test or a few weeks after that (usually within 1-2 months). But some receive it a lot later (~5-6 months).
Someone has just reported that he received an RQ BEFORE the test and when he called CIC he was told that "a lot of things are changing since July 2011 and that it will be normal to receive the RQ before passing the test now."

Serge1992

May 17, 2012
Adress removed haha my bad
And it was not rq, I had 4 items to submit. And as I was told it was just additional info to help judge, but not rq