edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration townhall

http://lindaduncanmp.ca/event/immigration-townhall-with-jinny-sims/

Please attend if you can!

***********************************************************************************************

Kenny blames citizenship decline on 'fiscal restrain'
Updated
6:41 pm, January 16th, 2013
6:37 pm, January 16th, 2013

JESSICA HUME | QMI AGENCY
OTTAWA — Immigration Minister Jason Kenney explained a 73% drop in the number of permanent residents receiving Canadian citizenship between 2005 and 2012 by saying the government’s “fiscal restraint” was leading to fewer people having to process more applications.

Internal Citizenship and Immigration documents obtained by QMI Agency show only 2.9% of permanent residents who were eligible for citizenship in 2012 received it, down significantly from 76% in 2005.

“There are two reasons for that,” Kenney said. “Increased immigration levels above those under the previous government and an environment of fiscal restraint (means we have) less resources to process more permanent residents coming up for a limited number of spots.”

Kenney also said processing times had increased since 2005, but “only by about three months”.
Though he has been criticized for his policies, accused of making Canada less accessible to the weakest, Kenney said the government’s objectives in immigration are cracking down on fraud and crime while making it easier for skilled immigrants and students who have the greatest likelihood of contributing to society once they’re here.

“We put a greater emphasis on protecting the integrety of our immigration program,” he said. “There have been too many cases of fraudulent applications organized by crooked immigration agents.”

He added the government has an action plan to reduce processing times and streamline applications deemed desirable.

Kenney spoke to reporters upon arrival back in Canada after visiting Sri Lanka, several states in India as well as Turkey to discuss human smuggling, immigration fraud and refugees.

Source: http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2013/01/20130116-183722.html

tarry65

Mar 16, 2011
Hi Guys,

I spoke to immigration and they told me that I should get my Test date by Feb 17th.

My timelines:

Application received Oct 7th, 2011.
Started Processing: Jan 26th 2012.

Thanks
Tarun

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarry65 said:
Hi Guys,

I spoke to immigration and they told me that I should get my Test date by Feb 17th.

My timelines:

Thanks
Tarun
I also talked to an agent and she told me that she has no idea when I will receive test invitation, but if I do not receive it until June (21st months after submitting our application), I should give them a call. :(

More timelines from Edmonton:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ai9o70015IRPdFl6MnhXV0VZbnN1YnZWLXpld0Vya1E&type=view&gid=4&f=true&colid0=1&filterstr0=Edmonton&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Tanay,

Would you mind sharing your timeline?
Application received:
In process:
Test:
Oath:
RQ: yes/no?

Check out this spreadsheet:
Edmonton timelines
There is someone else from another forum who took the test on the same day as you did but he have not received the oath invitation yet. As far as I know it can take up to 6 months to receive it.

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarry65 said:
Hi Guys,

My timelines:

Thanks
Tarun
Have you heard anything from CIC yet? Still no test invitation for me. :(

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarry65 said:
Hi Guys,

My timelines:

Thanks
Tarun

If you have not received a test invitation yet, than watch your mailbox! I have just received mine and my case went into process 2 days before yours.
Good luck!

Olla edmonton

Mar 22, 2013
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 10, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 10, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 14, 2013.

Guys please help me out when do u think m going to do Exam ?

Thanks

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Olla edmonton said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 10, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 10, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 14, 2013.

Guys please help me out when do u think m going to do Exam ?

Thanks
It is hard to tell when you will be called for the test. I posted a link above to a spreadsheet. Those timelines should give you an idea what to expect. CIC is trying to improve the timelines, so hopefully you do not have to wait 19 months to receive the test invitation as I had.

batoum

Mar 26, 2013
Hi everyone! Would you please share your timeline with us? Thanks!
Bonjour tt le monde, veuillez partager avec nous votre experience des la soumission du dossier jusqu a la ceremonie! Merci!

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jcp488 said:
Hey Edmonton2011 good luck on your exam next week.
Keep us updated!
Thank you JCP! :)
I am not too worried about passing the test, but I wish I could say the same about getting an RQ ...

tarry65

Mar 16, 2011
Hi Guys .I have got citizenship test date as May 15th. Can somebody share the question specially from Edmonton if they have given test.