+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

gte439u

Sep 27, 2013
I got my oath letter after a wait of almost 25 months (and one RQ)!

My timeline is as follows:

Application received: June 2013
In Process: August 2013
Transfer to Edmonton CIC: March 2014
Letter to CIC informing them of the shortfall: March 2014
Test: November 2014
RQ Received: November 2014
RQ Submitted: December 2014
Transfer to Montreal CIC: April 2015
Decision made in Montreal: May 2015
Transfer to Edmonton CIC: May 2015
Oath Letter: June 2015
Oath Scheduled: July 2015

I think that I was very lucky. I have been been granted citizenship despite having a small shortfall in the number of days. I applied with 1,097 days, and I subsequently realized that I forgot a trip outside of Canada. Therefore, I had 1,091 days of physical presence. According to my file notes requested under the Privacy Act, the officer in Montreal applied the legal test from Papadogiorgakis, and found that I have centralized my life in Canada. The officer noted that I had a stable government job in Canada and a teaching position in Canada, that my absences were for an average of one week and never more than two weeks, that I have community involvement in Canada, that I owned property in Canada and in my home country, and that I paid taxes in Canada and my home country. Based on that information, the officer granted me citizenship.

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
gte439u said:

I think that I was very lucky. I have been been granted citizenship despite having a small shortfall in the number of days. I applied with 1,097 days, and I subsequently realized that I forgot a trip outside of Canada. Therefore, I had 1,091 days of physical presence. According to my file notes requested under the Privacy Act, the officer in Montreal applied the legal test from Papadogiorgakis, and found that I have centralized my life in Canada. The officer noted that I had a stable government job in Canada and a teaching position in Canada, that my absences were for an average of one week and never more than two weeks, that I have community involvement in Canada, that I owned property in Canada and in my home country, and that I paid taxes in Canada and my home country. Based on that information, the officer granted me citizenship.

I was short of 15 days too my Oath will be on the 28th this month.. Congrats to u.. cheers!

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Candoes said:
And what they said about it?
CiC officer was not convinced she told me she will forward my file to the Citizenship judge.. i request an ATIP and found out that they approved my application. Ecas had changed to Decision Made on July 2nd. And received my oath letter today. JULY 7TH

Apr 23, 2015
gte439u said:

Dude, how is that even possible that canadian government checked your ownership of property abroad, found out that you pay taxes abroad, you have community involvement in Canada and so on ... ?!

I find it hard to believe that Canada has got a common data base of all earth citizens and ownership of their property. Unless you declared about it previously.

There is no way a Privacy request of some governmental official is gonna give him such a wide variety of information, starting with your foreign ownership, ending with your stool sample.

Are you sure about what you're saying, or is it just your assumption?

Can you upload a sneak pic of that legal test from Papadogiorgakis?

Apr 23, 2015
Re: Citizenship test results, Citizenship Ceremony, Edmonton Office

Neel09 said:
Its just waste of time to talk to the agents before 24 months I think. They told me same thing both the time. its also hard to justify why some files are delayed as compared to others in same province and also compared to other provinces. To me this whole thing is a joke. We just need to wait for our time that's all we can do.
Did you get your GCMS notes? I got mine last week and it said all security clearances were done last year and since August 2014 nothing really happened in my file.
I requested an ATIP for "more details" of my case (basically I was asking for GCMS), paid 5$ and about 5 days later, I received an email referring me to my eCAS. They just said - go online and check your file.

I'm confused.

Is there a special formula to request this GCMS notes? How do you guys get that information?

APreciate in advance

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
abdul560 said:
trust me you will see it sooner than you can imagine .
i was just like you worried and freek out about the lot line that disapeared and suddenly i got my test invite withing 2 weeks and i am not even prepared
so my advise to you try to study from now , your test is coming very soon
Hopefully!

gte439u

Sep 27, 2013
whitneywhiteman said:
Dude, how is that even possible that canadian government checked your ownership of property abroad, found out that you pay taxes abroad, you have community involvement in Canada and so on ... ?!

I find it hard to believe that Canada has got a common data base of all earth citizens and ownership of their property. Unless you declared about it previously.

There is no way a Privacy request of some governmental official is gonna give him such a wide variety of information, starting with your foreign ownership, ending with your stool sample.

Are you sure about what you're saying, or is it just your assumption?

Can you upload a sneak pic of that legal test from Papadogiorgakis?
I read the case decision summary from the notes I received pursuant to the Privacy Act, and, therefore, I am certain about what I am saying. CIC asked me to complete a detailed Residence Questionnaire, which included information both Canadian and global properties, Canadian and global taxes, and questions on your family, among others. The failure to complete the RQ could result in your application being denied.

This is Federal Court's decision in Papadogiorgakis: http://www.refworld.org/docid/3ae6b74410.html

cic1987

Jun 24, 2015
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 9, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 9, 2014.
3. We started processing your application on August 6, 2014.
4. We sent you a notice on April 24, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 27, 2015 at 12:59 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. Received my oath letter in the mail July 8, 2015. Oath ceremony scheduled for July 29, 2015.

My entire process occurred in Edmonton. It was a single application in which one would generally classify as routine. I have used this forum quite a bit but never actually posted anything until I completed my entire process to give all of you a rough idea of the timeline. Once again, my application was pretty routine with no hold up's and/or interviews. I really wish the best for all of you, and hopefully your time will be coming soon. Thanks.

josemulino

Feb 10, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-11-2007
So this is my case and I need some help. My fiance has connections with the govt in Sydney and CIC. Through this I founf out that my file was being flagged due to a trip I made while I was still at school. I paid for this trip with savings and my parents covered most of my expenses while I was abroad. I am contacting my MP and discussing this issue deeper. When I called CIC a month ago the woman refused to discuss my file with me and didn't mention any issues. I want to go with the GCMS and if there is anything in particular Ill call and complain for the lack of action in theit part.

Any other suggestions?

ABscientist

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
josemulino said:
So this is my case and I need some help. My fiance has connections with the govt in Sydney and CIC. Through this I founf out that my file was being flagged due to a trip I made while I was still at school. I paid for this trip with savings and my parents covered most of my expenses while I was abroad. I am contacting my MP and discussing this issue deeper. When I called CIC a month ago the woman refused to discuss my file with me and didn't mention any issues. I want to go with the GCMS and if there is anything in particular Ill call and complain for the lack of action in theit part.

Any other suggestions?
Calgary office is one of the slowest int he country - you need to give them a year+ before you complain, ideally 1.5-2 years.

Apr 23, 2015
josemulino said:

Any other suggestions?
how do u get GCMS? apply under privacy act?
and what exactly does GCMS provide?