+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
The results of today's elections will be decisive for us ...

An O'toole government, even a minority government, will destroy our lives, and may - at the very least - extend the wait times for us by several more years ...

And at worst, change the rules retroactively, and send us back our paper application envelopes ...

(I am not exaggerating, it is very likely: they have already done it in the past with other programs, for permanent residence for example)

... Not to mention that this kind of thing makes their xenophobic electorate happy and satisfied.

Wait and see ...

, Piotr.

Conservative platform

• Create an efficiency mechanism where those waiting for an application to be reviewed can pay a fee for expedited processing; the revenues would be directed towards hiring additional people to reduce the overall wait times. (source)
  • Move the infrastructure of immigration online and record all interactions between immigration officers and applicants; use remote meeting technology to match applicants with immigration officers who best understand the cultural context of the applicant; allow applicants to make minor corrections to applications. (source)
  • Launch a Credential Recognition Task Force to develop new credential recognition strategies, including pre-qualification. (source)
  • Replace government-assisted refugee places with private and joint sponsorship places, meaning that all refugees arriving in Canada would do so under private or joint sponsorship programs, except in cases of emergency or specific programs; and broaden the definition of “refugee” to allow sponsorship directly from countries of origin. (source)
  • Make the Rainbow Refugee Assistance Project a permanent government program. (source)
  • Amend the Safe Third Country Agreement with the United States to remove the option for people to claim asylum in Canada if they cross into the country outside a legal point of entry. (source)
  • Give greater autonomy to Quebec over immigration to ensure a higher proportion of immigrants settling in Quebec speak French, including in the family reunification category; provide full compensation for the housing of asylum seekers who crossed outside legal points of entry. (source)

• Liberal platform
    • Resettle 20,000 Afghans threatened by the Taliban, including women leaders, human rights workers, LGBTI individuals, family of previously resettled interpreters. (source, PBO analysis)
    • Amend the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to give the minister the authority to help select permanent resident candidates who best meet the needs of the labour market. (source)
    • Eliminate citizen application process fees for permanent residents who have obtained the requisite criteria. (source, PBO analysis)
    • “Introduce electronic applications for family reunification.” (source)
    • Develop a digital platform to replace the Global Case Management System for the immigration system as of 2023, spending $428.9 million over five years. (source)
    • Fund migrant worker-centric programs and services, with $49.5 million over three years. (source)
    • Increase workplace inspections and ensure rights of temporary foreign workers are respected, spending $54.9 million over three years. (source)

How is conservatives bad? Now we have to see the dancing chimpanzee Marco Mendicino again , useless minister.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
The results of today's elections will be decisive for us ...

An O'toole government, even a minority government, will destroy our lives, and may - at the very least - extend the wait times for us by several more years ...

And at worst, change the rules retroactively, and send us back our paper application envelopes ...

(I am not exaggerating, it is very likely: they have already done it in the past with other programs, for permanent residence for example)

... Not to mention that this kind of thing makes their xenophobic electorate happy and satisfied.

Wait and see ...

, Piotr.
I hope the result of todays election will speed up processing of everybody's applications LOL sorry for my sarcasm

It is pathetic but Marco got reelected probably by immigrants from Toronto

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
This election was pointless. Things are back to where they were, minus $600M. I hope at least they change the minister of immigration. If he continues then nothing will change for the next 4 years. He lacks a plan and a strategy for the backlog.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
I became citizen last month. Casted my vote yesterday .

Reactions: raaj051

kevinstenner

Sep 1, 2021
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadian-citizenship-betrayed-waiting-1.6028800

Data obtained by CBC News shows Minakshi is one of hundreds of thousands of people stuck in a waiting pattern.

In a series of internal IRCC emails, employees acknowledge that the backlog of those permanent residents who are ready to take a citizenship test grew from 87,000 people in March 2020 to 102,000 by the start of this year.

The information also shows there were 311,259 people waiting to go through the entire application process for citizenship at the end of January.

Of those, 102,989 had been waiting between 13 and 18 months — and 865 for more than four years.

"One hundred and two thousand applicants, that's just like the size of a mid-sized city in Canada," said Ahsan Umar, the head of an ad-hoc advocacy group, Advocates for Citizenship Test.
The group lodged the access to information request that revealed the figures and the internal department emails.

"We all understand reasonable delays because of this whole situation we are in," Umar said. "But when it gets to lack of transparency and unreasonable delays, that instils a lot of deep sorrow in itself."

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadian-citizenship-betrayed-waiting-1.6028800

Data obtained by CBC News shows Minakshi is one of hundreds of thousands of people stuck in a waiting pattern.

In a series of internal IRCC emails, employees acknowledge that the backlog of those permanent residents who are ready to take a citizenship test grew from 87,000 people in March 2020 to 102,000 by the start of this year.

The information also shows there were 311,259 people waiting to go through the entire application process for citizenship at the end of January.

Of those, 102,989 had been waiting between 13 and 18 months — and 865 for more than four years.

"One hundred and two thousand applicants, that's just like the size of a mid-sized city in Canada," said Ahsan Umar, the head of an ad-hoc advocacy group, Advocates for Citizenship Test.
The group lodged the access to information request that revealed the figures and the internal department emails.

"We all understand reasonable delays because of this whole situation we are in," Umar said. "But when it gets to lack of transparency and unreasonable delays, that instils a lot of deep sorrow in itself."
This article is pretty old. The new backlog figures are about 400K plus according to the document shared recently. I wonder if anyone requested new Corportate ATip .

kevinstenner

Sep 1, 2021
Mia Donalds <miadonald393@yahoo.com>
To:catrina.tapley@cic.gc.ca,minister@cic.gc.ca
Cc:Ziad.Aboultaif@parl.gc.ca,Scott.Aitchison@parl.gc.ca,Dan.Albas@parl.gc.ca,John.Aldag@parl.gc.ca,Omar.Alghabra@parl.gc.ca,Shafqat.Ali@parl.gc.ca,Dean.Allison@parl.gc.ca,Anita.Anand@parl.gc.ca,Gary.Anandasangaree@parl.gc.ca,Charlie.Angus@parl.gc.ca,Mel.Arnold@parl.gc.ca,rene.arseneault@parl.gc.ca,Chandra.Arya@parl.gc.ca,Niki.Ashton@parl.gc.ca,Jenica.Atwin@parl.gc.ca,Taylor.Bachrach@parl.gc.ca,Vance.Badawey@parl.gc.ca,Paramvir.Bains@parl.gc.ca,Yvan.Baker@parl.gc.ca,Tony.Baldinelli@parl.gc.ca,John.Barlow@parl.gc.ca,Michael.Barrett@parl.gc.ca,Xavier.Barsalou-Duval@parl.gc.ca,Jaime.Battiste@parl.gc.ca,Mario.Beaulieu@parl.gc.ca,Terry.Beech@parl.gc.ca,Rachel.Bendayan@parl.gc.ca,Carolyn.Bennett@parl.gc.ca,Bob.Benzen@parl.gc.ca,Candice.Bergen@parl.gc.ca,Luc.Berthold@parl.gc.ca,James.Bezan@parl.gc.ca,Marie-Claude.Bibeau@parl.gc.ca,Chris.Bittle@parl.gc.ca,Daniel.Blaikie@parl.gc.ca,Bill.Blair@parl.gc.ca,Maxime.Blanchette-Joncas@parl.gc.ca,Rachel.Blaney@parl.gc.ca,Kelly.Block@parl.gc.ca,Kody.Blois@parl.gc.ca,Alexandre.Boulerice@parl.gc.ca,Valerie.Bradford@parl.gc.ca,Richard.Bragdon@parl.gc.ca,John.Brassard@parl.gc.ca,Larry.Brock@parl.gc.ca,Alexis.Brunelle-Duceppe@parl.gc.ca,Blaine.Calkins@parl.gc.ca,Richard.Cannings@parl.gc.ca,Frank.Caputo@parl.gc.ca,Jim.Carr@parl.gc.ca,Colin.Carrie@parl.gc.ca,Sean.Casey@parl.gc.ca,Louise.Chabot@parl.gc.ca,Bardish.Chagger@parl.gc.ca,Harnirjodh.Chahal@parl.gc.ca,Adam.Chambers@parl.gc.ca,Martin.Champoux@parl.gc.ca,Sophie.Chatel@parl.gc.ca,Shaun.Chen@parl.gc.ca,Paul.Chiang@parl.gc.ca,Michael.Chong@parl.gc.ca,Chad.Collins@parl.gc.ca,Laurel.Collins@parl.gc.ca,Michael.Cooper@parl.gc.ca,Serge.Cormier@parl.gc.ca,Michael.Coteau@parl.gc.ca,Julie.Dabrusin@parl.gc.ca,Marc.Dalton@parl.gc.ca,Pam.Damoff@parl.gc.ca,Raquel.Dancho@parl.gc.ca,Scot.Davidson@parl.gc.ca,Don.Davies@parl.gc.ca,Claude.DeBellefeuille@parl.gc.ca,Chris.d'Entremont@parl.gc.ca,Caroline.Desbiens@parl.gc.ca,Luc.Desilets@parl.gc.ca,Blake.Desjarlais@parl.gc.ca,Sukh.Dhaliwal@parl.gc.ca,Anju.Dhillon@parl.gc.ca,Todd.Doherty@parl.gc.ca,Han.Dong@parl.gc.ca,Terry.Dowdall@parl.gc.ca,Earl.Dreeshen@parl.gc.ca,Francis.Drouin@parl.gc.ca,Emmanuel.Dubourg@parl.gc.ca, [...]

First of all, congratulations on winning the trust to represent Canadians.

Second of all, please take some time to read all of the below.

When prospective Canadians say: "I do want to take part in the betterment of this country," said Mansoura, who arrived in Canada in 2012 from the Czech Republic. "I feel unwelcome here, I feel like I'm not being treated equally."

How do you feel? What can you do?

Thank you!

Last edited:

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Stop wasting time, lets have someone create a petition to clear backlog and get all of us , entire nation to sign. Change.com is the place to go

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Do petitions work ?
They do. This is why i think if Umar the immigrants advocate or anyone really who have good language skills wrote one we can sign it, share it in social media and do change.

We have been waiting for 2 years and no test yet. Its limbo. I am stressed and anxious since 2 years . This is not fair

Yet you see late 2020 or February 2021 are citizens already.

WE NEED TO MOVE ON and live like human. Enough is enough

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
They do. This is why i think if Umar the immigrants advocate or anyone really who have good language skills wrote one we can sign it, share it in social media and do change.

We have been waiting for 2 years and no test yet. Its limbo. I am stressed and anxious since 2 years . This is not fair

Make a new thread with the title petition and PIN it as main

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Do we need to sign the petition with our real names ... etc, or our handles in these forums anonymously?

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Its time. If we get 1000 signatures, next we get 2000 and who knows maybe 200,000 . Send it to minister of immigration. Maybe only then things change .
IRCC doesn't give two ***** about petitions, neither does Justin Trudeau or Marco whatshisname. And even if they did you wouldn't even get 500 people on this forum willing to sign it with their real names, never mind 2000. Take a look at this petition started a month or two ago, can't even get past first base in spite of all the whining and ranting about delays on this forum:
https://www.change.org/p/justin-trudeau-citizenship-applications-process-in-6-months

A lot of people who are outspoken and vocal here, for some strange reason, are only comfortable being so anonymously behind their keyboards. Half-assed efforts like online petitions or twitter hashtags, unfortunately, won't be sufficient to spur IRCC into action. It's time to play hardball with them, either through massive organized protests or legal action.