+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

vegasIndian

Oct 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
Med's Request
03-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
17-Jul-2015
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015
If the situation stagnates and does not progress, actions are already planned by the pressure group, from next January: No need to laugh, it is useless ... The situation is very serious, and many people are very nervous and desperats ...

If you are not in a hurry, all you have to do is refuse to take the online test when you get the invitation, and wait for the tests to resume in person, until further notice. It is specified in the IRCC site, I am not inventing anything ... If for you it is not important at this point, ignore everything and wait a few years if you like.
Ha Ha Ha. I had commented about his cribbing about this group being for "sophisticated" English speakers. And wasn't really talking about IRCC anywhere in my reply.

Now coming to the point of urgency, online test etc.

Fact: IRCC has implemented Online Tests and is sending invitations to people whose test's have cancelled in March/April, now if you don't want to believe it and always be a pessimist, its your problem. Everytime someone mentions they get an invitation, you have been looking at it with suspicion.

IRCC has come out with a plan for 2 things, Online tests and Online Citizenship applications. And your whole logic of IRCC not working during Covid has just blown up. IRCC worked on these two things and are now implementing them with a plan. First appreciate that. Secondly, it looks like you are a person who wants the system to fail to prove yourself right.

Hahahaha.....If I get a test, why should I reject it? I appreciate IRCC providing me the facility of giving the test online. I think you should cancel the online test if you get one and keep protesting for in person tests as you are not able to digest IRCC employee taking a paid vacation. Isn't that your whole argument was since the beginning.

And just being curious, when did you apply for citizenship? Feb 2020? And tell me, are you waiting for citizenship for travel purposes? I have feeling that's the real reason you are trying to push for citizenship.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Ha Ha Ha. I had commented about his cribbing about this group being for "sophisticated" English speakers. And wasn't really talking about IRCC anywhere in my reply.

Now coming to the point of urgency, online test etc.

Fact: IRCC has implemented Online Tests and is sending invitations to people whose test's have cancelled in March/April, now if you don't want to believe it and always be a pessimist, its your problem. Everytime someone mentions they get an invitation, you have been looking at it with suspicion.

IRCC has come out with a plan for 2 things, Online tests and Online Citizenship applications. And your whole logic of IRCC not working during Covid has just blown up. IRCC worked on these two things and are now implementing them with a plan. First appreciate that. Secondly, it looks like you are a person who wants the system to fail to prove yourself right.

Hahahaha.....If I get a test, why should I reject it? I appreciate IRCC providing me the facility of giving the test online. I think you should cancel the online test if you get one and keep protesting for in person tests as you are not able to digest IRCC employee taking a paid vacation. Isn't that your whole argument was since the beginning.

And just being curious, when did you apply for citizenship? Feb 2020? And tell me, are you waiting for citizenship for travel purposes? I have feeling that's the real reason you are trying to push for citizenship.
Oh, you see? You steamed it off. Should feel better now. I tell you it works ;)

• Haha
Reactions: vegasIndian

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
You are right to take this ultimate precaution, even if it can be painful in the case of the loss of a loved one ... I have the same philosophy, I consider the status of permanent resident as an ejection seat: No guarantee. ..

Unfortunately we have to accept this and take this precaution ... Or run the risk that several years of patience and pain will go into the air, for nothing ...

An actual example ... which I will simply take from one of my very first posts in this thread:

Conclusion: Unless you already have a passport from a civilized country (European for example) which protects you, and which will allow you to return to Canada without any problem ...

DO NOT TAKE THE RISK OF TRAVELING UNTIL YOU HAVE YOUR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP.

You will have no protection or consular assistance from Canada, and no right of repatriation in the event of a problem. No guarantee.

The friend in question that I had mentioned was stuck for several months in a third world country, and his landlord constantly threatened him with whatapp to throw his things out in order to quickly find another tenant (Which is catastrophic especially in the case of the housing shortage in Montreal, he ended up making arrangements with him by making bank transfers), had to suplier to keep his job, and almost lost his provincial health protection RAMQ because of the obligation of residence in Quebec to maintain health insurance ... But fortunately for him that he was able to return only a few days before the deadline.

Not to mention the stress of the 14 days of mandatory quarantine, and all the stress and fears ...
Piotr,

this is what happened to me. I was in Africa and could not get on the repatriation flight because I was a PR and additionally, i was not able to get emergency funding! I've lived in canada for 35 years, not explaining my history again so people can laugh why it took so long. If I ended up having to go back to my home country of Poland, I would be FUBAR... I don't know anything about Poland, I came to Canada as a child.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Both PRs and citizens had access to repatriation flights if they were offered by Canada. Please stop scaring people for no reason. PRs can travel out of Canada if necessary although due to the pandemic it is not recommended. Anyone travelling during a pandemic needs to be prepared for the possibility of getting stuck abroad. The situation described above has nothing to do with being a PR. If a Canadian citizen was out of Canada and the country they were in went into lockdown and they couldn't return their landlord in Canada would want to be paid and if they didn't meet their RO to retain their provincial healthcare they would need to reapply. If you were a citizen the government wouldn't pay your rent or not apply the RO for healthcare.
Unfortunately, no. I was explicitly told that they would consider me for future repatriation flights (with no guarantee there would be) as they were prioritizing Canadian citizens.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Prioritizing doesn't mean they out rightly denied/declined the option. As a PR we are being allowed to travel back to Canada without any restriction based on flight availability.

Currently high risk people are being prioritized by the government to get the Covid vaccine administered. Are you going to become high risk just for that?
In my situation, the airports were closed in the African country I was in. There were only a handful of repatriation flights per week to select countries. I couldn't do anything until another repatriation flight was opened and they started allowing PRs on. It wasn't about flight availability - until June the only available flights were repatriation and you had to be invited.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately, no. I was explicitly told that they would consider me for future repatriation flights (with no guarantee there would be) as they were prioritizing Canadian citizens.
There are currently no repatriation flights so everyone leaving Canada has the same risk. There was a known pandemic so any travel was a risk and people were warned against travel and to return to Canada asap. Every case is evaluated differently. I know Canadian citizens who were also not repatriated.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
There are currently no repatriation flights so everyone leaving Canada has the same risk. There was a known pandemic so any travel was a risk and people were warned against travel and to return to Canada asap. Every case is evaluated differently. I know Canadian citizens who were also not repatriated.
I left before the "pandemic" was announced. I was in a remote village and when I got a phone call from someone in Canada the airports near where I was were shut down and a 6 pm curfew imposed literally the next day. Everything, happened so fast. Not everything was cut and dry in those early days.

Reactions: savarana

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
I left before the "pandemic" was announced. I was in a remote village and when I got a phone call from someone in Canada the airports near where I was were shut down and a 6 pm curfew imposed literally the next day. Everything, happened so fast. Not everything was cut and dry in those early days.

The conclusion of your story (and that of my friend whom I told earlier, very similar) shows us how precious and important Canadian citizenship is.

It is therefore necessary to monitor the activity of the resumption of tests and ceremonies, and the processing of requests in general, and reactivate the means of pressure if necessary. This is planned very seriously for January, in a few weeks then.

In the meantime, in view of the story I have told, that of our friend @his*marty
, and certainly of many others, one can thus reasonably affirm that the remarks of @canuck78 attempting to discredit the speech saying that the Canadian citizenship is very important, and even more important in the event of a pandemic (+ A displacement) falls apart.

Conclusions, in my opinion:

1) Continue to monitor the work of IRCC (+ abuse of the public official via code 699), and act strongly in case nothing goes forward. ( Restart lobbying action preassures, press, demonstrations, etc .... )

2) In the meantime, I continue to STRONGLY advise against traveling until you have your citizenship.

The two are connected.

, Piotr.

Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
The conclusion of your story (and that of my friend whom I told earlier, very similar) shows us how precious and important Canadian citizenship is.

It is therefore necessary to monitor the activity of the resumption of tests and ceremonies, and the processing of requests in general, and reactivate the means of pressure if necessary. This is planned very seriously for January, in a few weeks then.

In the meantime, in view of the story I have told, that of our friend @his*marty
, and certainly of many others, one can thus reasonably affirm that the remarks of @canuck78 attempting to discredit the speech saying that the Canadian citizenship is very important, and even more important in the event of a pandemic (+ A displacement) falls apart.

Conclusions, in my opinion:

1) Continue to monitor the work of IRCC (+ abuse of the public official via code 699), and act strongly in case nothing goes forward. ( Restart lobbying action preassures, press, demonstrations, etc .... )

2) In the meantime, I continue to STRONGLY advise against traveling until you have your citizenship.

The two are connected.

, Piotr.
Unfortunately, I have been separated from my husband for 8 months now and planned on traveling this coming Saturday originally. With the pandemic we have pushed this to March. :( So, I am hoping there are some significant covid changes (vaccines) so I can be with my husband... I am not sure that I can wait for my citizenship at this point. In March, it will be 11 months since I've seen my husband... and I understand the risks and accept them at that point. However, the point of my original post was that PR was not considered the first priority even though it was stated as such by the Canadian government.

Reactions: savarana

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Unfortunately, I have been separated from my husband for 8 months now and planned on traveling this coming Saturday originally. With the pandemic we have pushed this to March. :( So, I am hoping there are some significant covid changes (vaccines) so I can be with my husband... I am not sure that I can wait for my citizenship at this point. In March, it will be 11 months since I've seen my husband... and I understand the risks and accept them at that point. However, the point of my original post was that PR was not considered the first priority even though it was stated as such by the Canadian government.
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, you are right. PR's are not on par with citizens. Just like in Orwell's good old that all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. So that is why many are demanding their rights. And I truthfully do not get the other part saying that it is ok to wait for the next gazillion years. Totally not ok, IRCC have done a sh*t job. A bit too little too late.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, you are right. PR's are not on par with citizens. Just like in Orwell's good old that all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. So that is why many are demanding their rights. And I truthfully do not get the other part saying that it is ok to wait for the next gazillion years. Totally not ok, IRCC have done a sh*t job. A bit too little too late.
100% you're right. It does feel like being in a copy of Animal Farm. Even more so with sponsorship - if you're spouse is from a country not requiring a visa they can come here for up to 6 months and keep extending their visa and then the couple applies for PR from within Canada...but for a spouse from a country where you require a visa to visit Canada, forget it. 99% of us are denied. The common denominator for refusals - strong ties to Canada (ie. spouse). During this time, it would be so nice for us to see our spouses and I'm sure 99.9% would honour not having our family overstay because no one wants to risk the sponsorship. If any program is inhumane with IRCC it is 100% outland family sponsorship.

Reactions: bluffmaster88

Arioji

Aug 28, 2020
Nobody got the test email? Interesting group ! No one has neither curiosity to ask nor anyone has news to share :oops:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Nobody got the test email? Interesting group ! No one has neither curiosity to ask nor anyone has news to share :oops:
Nothing for me. I am March 2019 applicant

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015