+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

LudoZ

Nov 20, 2019
People who have crossed 12 month processing time and did not complete test : what kind of reply does IRCC give when you enquire about your cases ?

I think this is ideal group to write to MP as they are outside the agreed and advertised timelines by the government .
The 12 month processing time has never been a guarantee, but just an average processing time. IRCC has already said on their website that due to covid they can't provide accurate processing times.

MatadorSep19

Aug 29, 2020
i have just read on the Facebook page (Canadian Citizenship Test) someone claiming that they have started an online Test in Vancouver can anybody verify ..?

Last edited:

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
People who have crossed 12 month processing time and did not complete test : what kind of reply does IRCC give when you enquire about your cases ?

I think this is ideal group to write to MP as they are outside the agreed and advertised timelines by the government .

What you are proposing is too conciliatory, too passive, and above all - with respect - too naive.

They will respond to you with the generic response that you have to wait, without specifying a deadline.

This is an ad vitam æternam deadline. ( Indefinite ).

It would be more realistic to contact the press, its local federal deputy, and also for those who can, to engage in the series of protests. (The first will take place this saturday, in Toronto and Montreal).

We must use all the legal means and legitimacy at our disposal to exert pressure, to lobby.

, Piotr.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
i have just read on the Facebook page (Canadian Citizenship Test) someone claiming that they have started an online Test in Vancouver can anybody verify ..?
I’m in Vancouver, but haven’t heard from anyone I know about online testing. If I get an email or someone I know does, I’ll post something.

Reactions: MatadorSep19

MatadorSep19

Aug 29, 2020
Another guy on the same Facebook page just claimed that he has been invited for an online Citizenship test
from Ontario..! applied July 2019 ...... it seems real ..!

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020

MatadorSep19

Aug 29, 2020
Also the guy in Vancouver has claimed in the comments that his friend was invited by a telephone call.. to an online interview where the officer would ask tests questions followed by an interview.. i hope its true check the facebook page (Canadian Citizenship tests)

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Another guy on the same Facebook page just claimed that he has been invited for an online Citizenship test
from Ontario..! applied July 2019 ...... it seems real ..!
What is this group called? I know you mentioned the name but there are multiple groups like it. Any pointers?

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
There is no official announcement on the regulars IRCC CIC communication channels.
Without official confirmation, there is no news.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices.html

and

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news.html

Famous proverb in French: `` Il ne faut pas vendre la peau de l'ours avant de l'avoir tué ''...

Translation in english : '' `` You must not sell the skin of the bear before having killed it ''.

, Piotr.
The proverb sounds a bit violent lol but that's true. Nothing changes until it's officially announced by IRCC so they can be held accountable for what they say.

MatadorSep19

Aug 29, 2020
There is no official announcement on the regulars IRCC CIC communication channels.
Without official confirmation, there is no news.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices.html

and

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news.html

Famous proverb in French: `` Il ne faut pas vendre la peau de l'ours avant de l'avoir tué ''...

Translation in english : '' `` You must not sell the skin of the bear before having killed it ''.

, Piotr.

I am not selling any skin my friend, i am just informing the group that a couple of applicants are claiming that they have seen the "Bear" roaming around..