+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
So according to your logic, the secretariat of the Canadian treasury board, by its decision to modify code 699, promotes hatred, and puts the lives of other people in danger, I understand correctly?

One last time: What do you think of the Treasury Board's decision to tighten up controls on the use of the 699 holiday from November 9?

You carefully avoid expressing yourself on this subject because you know that it will undermine your theses.

The Canadian charter guarantees the right to express oneself and to demonstrate. The authorizations were obtained by the organizers. End of the story.

If anyone uses genuine hate speech during protests, (Worrying about mismanagement of public funds and reporting abuse is not hate, it is constructive discussion, contributors to the public money have the right to discuss good governance ... If it is, then I challenge you to be consistent with yourself, and to denounce the decision of the treasure board in the same way ?? .. .I'm sure you wouldn't do that, because it would be an implicit recognition that your arguments are not solid, it would not be serious to accuse such a respectable institution of such nonsense, hate speech and endangering life. of others ... These are serious accusations!), so I was saying, if someone uses true hate speech during protests, they will face the consequences as an adult.

For now the concern is focused on the current blocking of citizenship tests, and the fact that there are no announcements and no plans on the horizon ... If the union has the right to lobbing to preserve a `` right '' (according to them), and an abuse, according to the Treasury Board and several taxpayers (these are not insults or hate speech here, but opinions) ... If their union has the right to lobby so loudly for waste of public money (and that does not shock you ?? ... what a shame ... this and a real insult to all employees in the private sector, and self-employed workers), So I said, if these people have the right to take advantage of the freedoms guaranteed by the charter to claim such insecure things, why we would not have the right we too the right to defend, within the framework of the law and the respect, a cause that seems legitimate and just to us?

Most people only want one thing. The resumption of citizenship tests, in one way or another (In person with security and distancing measures, masks, hydro-alcoholic hand gel, etc.) ... Or better yet, an online solution.

It is sure that an online form offers us the possibility of expressing ourselves more in length ...

But don't worry, people aren't stupid enough to say things that will be counterproductive.

The spousal sponsors demonstrated in all pacifism, and without problem.

And the end of their fight was happy, they got what they wanted.

Why not us ?
Thank you for the most civilized comment/post that I have seen in this section from a person who necessarily does not agree with me.

On this topic, Treasury board have found out that its being misused and are rewriting the requirements surrounding it. If it was misused, government took the right step to fix the loop hole and should never have allowed to happen in the first place. Let me ask you straight as I dont understand this- Was 699 code put together after COVID-19 started to dodge or prevent citizenship applications from getting processed or to enjoy a paid COVID-19 holiday ? Otherwise, this seems to be an issue with overall employment rules in the government and not specifically related to citizenship application backlogs Also, is one of the demand of protests to abolish 699? I am not in support of 699 code or any rule which wastes tax money but I was wondering if the discussions are surrounding 699 code, how will abolishing it directly lead to tests restarting?

I still dont know why protests are fighting with me? People wanting a change on this topic now are protesting against it. I did not say anything against it and I am just an individual who is trying to understand the reasonings behind this urgency.

Reactions: AshesNdust

skydiving

Jul 18, 2015
Guys, have we tried to raise this issue in IRCC twitter ? If we have, we should keep doing that, until they come up some meaningful solutions...

Last edited:

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Guys, have we tried to raise this issue in IRCC twitter ? If we have, we should keep doing that, until they come up some meaningful solutions...
Some participants of this thread used a hashtag to storm their twitter account : #resume_citizenship_tests or something similar.
They're fully aware of the situation.
Whether they're actually taking measures is another question.

Reactions: skydiving

skydiving

Jul 18, 2015
Some participants of this thread used a hashtag to storm their twitter account : #resume_citizenship_tests or something similar.
They're fully aware of the situation.
Whether they're actually taking measures is another question.
Not necessary to storm them every time, but daily reminder to them might be a necessity in our situation.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
"The covid pandemic has shown us that having consular assistance from a civilized country is important in the event of repatriation ... I followed the news carefully, especially that of a friend stuck in an African country: Canadian Embassy in this African country that I will not quote has clearly posted in its official facebook page, announcing a repatriation flight, that the people who will be prioritized in order are: Canadian citizens, and then permanent residents s 'there is room on the plane !! … Now imagine that you are stuck in a country where you are visiting (not just for a health emergency, but for any other reason), far from your children and your family here in Canada… Just imagine the stress you will have in the event repatriation !!"

This was me in March, stuck in North Africa. They announced repatriation flights and I was denied the first one as I was not a Canadian Citizen. I was denied consular services and the emergency funds. It was an awful feeling not knowing where I will be.

Reactions: skydiving

vegasIndian

Oct 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
Med's Request
03-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
17-Jul-2015
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015
Its quite here today. Guess everyone is following the US elections closely.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Re-posting this so it is accessible to everyone again.

Copy this template:

Dear [insert MP name here],

Hoping this letter finds you well. I am a Permenant Resident of Canada, residing in the borough of [xx]. I have submitted an application for Canadian Citizenship this past [insert month here] and am currently waiting on any news.

I am only one person of countless other individuals who have applied for citizenship and have not had any news since January 2020. Of course, we all understand the detrimental effect COVID-19 has caused in all aspects of life. In no way would we want our government workers to be in harm’s way because of the virus. We do, however, believe that we have at least the right to know what to expect for our application and to obtain more information. IRCC’s website has so far failed to provide any useful information for applicants other than “We are accepting new applications” and “all citizenship in-person events are cancelled”.

I am sure that IRCC agents have been overwhelmed with calls from anxious applicants. To that end, might it not be possible for IRCC to release a statement with the following information:

- Describing (preferably in numbers and figures) the size and amount of backlog currently facing citizenship applications.

- Estimating a timeline for AORs.

- Detailing the procedure they are following to process applications in the current circumstances.

- Giving any foreseeable plan of resuming citizenship tests and interviews, similar to what was done for oath ceremonies.

I think that receiving some concrete information will bring peace of mind for applicants, enhancing trust and transparency between them and the government.

Thank you very much for your time,

E-mail any NDP MP you like:
LINK TO NDP MPs EMAILS

OR any other MP you like:
LINK TO ALL MPs EMAILS

This should not take more than 2 minutes of your time (the same amount of time to argue here) but will be more effective at solving the root issue of the argument: the delayed citizenship tests. If you email them, please do let us know so we can shower you with likes as a token of our appreciation !

I will also be compiling the twitter handles of MPs who I feel we can tweet to get an effect. I'll post this list in the coming days. I'll post the above template and links every so often so it is accessible to everyone. Of course, credit where credit is due (you know who you are).

If you have any preferred amendments to the template, please do recommend. Happy Emailing !

skydiving

Jul 18, 2015
"The covid pandemic has shown us that having consular assistance from a civilized country is important in the event of repatriation ... I followed the news carefully, especially that of a friend stuck in an African country: Canadian Embassy in this African country that I will not quote has clearly posted in its official facebook page, announcing a repatriation flight, that the people who will be prioritized in order are: Canadian citizens, and then permanent residents s 'there is room on the plane !! … Now imagine that you are stuck in a country where you are visiting (not just for a health emergency, but for any other reason), far from your children and your family here in Canada… Just imagine the stress you will have in the event repatriation !!"

This was me in March, stuck in North Africa. They announced repatriation flights and I was denied the first one as I was not a Canadian Citizen. I was denied consular services and the emergency funds. It was an awful feeling not knowing where I will be.
Thats why citizenship is very critical, even in the pandemic! Thats why we need to resume the Citizenship exam asap!

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
People who have crossed 12 month processing time and did not complete test : what kind of reply does IRCC give when you enquire about your cases ?

I think this is ideal group to write to MP as they are outside the agreed and advertised timelines by the government .