+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Yup actually would be better if
Canada should copy what glorious North Korea does to it’s citizens that thinks of or tries to leave

also I love paying taxes for where I don’t get hardly get any service or help from the government

also I love being indefinitely being treated a foreigner even though I have well met the requirements for citizenship and have paid taxes in full on my income worldwide.

For sure the government completely knows how to be very efficient.
You are trying to compare Canada to North Korea? Seriously?

You do know taxes pay for fire departments, hospitals, schools, roads, sewers, wiring, transportation, etc. You don’t use those?

Indefinitely treated like a foreigner? Because Canada cares about its employees and has put tests on hold for 7 months?

And people wonder why some Canadians view immigrants as selfish and ungrateful. Stop with the hyperbole. Screaming paranoia doesn’t look good on anyone.

Last edited:

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
You are trying to compare Canada to North Korea? Seriously?

You do know taxes pay for fire departments, hospitals, schools, roads, sewers, wiring, transportation, etc. You don’t use those?

Indefinitely treated like a foreigner? Because Canada cares about it’s employees and has put tests on hold for 7 months?

And people wonder why some Canadians view immigrants as selfish and ungrateful. Stop with the hyperbole. Screaming paranoia doesn’t look good on anyone.
Well said, some people have no respect to the country that allowed them in , nor respecting themselves. There is a say : never through a stone in a well you drink from.

yet you see people wining about the delays of citizenship but they are not even in canada, they just came to shop for the citizenship.

folks, let us respect this country and the people. We dont want few people like those destroy the cause and immigration reputation for the rest of us.

JCrules

Oct 1, 2015
Well said, some people have no respect to the country that allowed them in , nor respecting themselves. There is a say : never through a stone in a well you drink from.

yet you see people wining about the delays of citizenship but they are not even in canada, they just came to shop for the citizenship.

folks, let us respect this country and the people. We dont want few people like those destroy the cause and immigration reputation for the rest of us.
Isn’t this a forum where people are allowed to hear their views without judgement. Quit the judgement and let’s make this a safe space where people can vent their frustrations without prejudice.

Reactions: Parnian1988

elwaver

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Yup actually would be better if
Canada should copy what glorious North Korea does to it’s citizens that thinks of or tries to leave

also I love paying taxes for where I don’t get hardly get any service or help from the government

also I love being indefinitely being treated a foreigner even though I have well met the requirements for citizenship and have paid taxes in full on my income worldwide.

For sure the government completely knows how to be very efficient.
Hey! More government control => more freedoms. Higher taxes => better quality of life (and never mind the Laffer Curve!)

Parnian1988

Jun 3, 2019
Toronto
I will never understand why people coddle government workers. You are saying Canada cares about its government employees and has stopped tests for 7 months to keep them safe, what about the rest of Canada who has been forced back to work with no union to protect them? Don’t they deserve compassion? Immigrants pay their taxes, have paid for their citizenship applications with an estimate of a one year turnaround time, and thus deserve clear communication and a solution provided for this current block in processing applications. What’s more is I find it absolutely repulsive how so many Canadians look down on citizenship applicants, not remembering that they or their very own ancestors were once Canadian citizenship applicants once upon a time. Our country is the land of immigrants and has prospered because of them!

Last edited:

Parnian1988

Jun 3, 2019
Toronto
Reactions: Flandernss

Canada4ever89

Oct 24, 2020
Talking to some people, they really don’t believe citizenship is a priority now, i do understand we are in global pandemic and 7 months of crisis with no clarity . from my point of view, no one want to be in limbo either. A plan from IRCC regarding our tests is needed ,, it really can be enough.
I guess we are not a priority as we can't vote!!

skydiving

Jul 18, 2015
"Shop for citizenship"????Lol, is this the country's attitude towards ppl who legally came here, who legally studied here, who legally working here, who legally paying tax here, who legally applying for citizenship? So ironically, nobody criticizes the illegal immigrants, and yet after all this, those legal immigrants who follow the law all the time have become the target?

As an essential worker, I still need to go to work at 6 am tomorrow. Yes, even in the "deadly pandemic", which you call it! We just don't get it, if the frontline workers and essential workers continue working at the workplace, students dare to come back to study and take the exam in school or online without worrying about potential cheating. Why couldn't some government employees continue working in the workplace? Yes, there may be some risk, but no one stops you to take all the safety measures! The last thing you want to argue is that you guys deem government employee's health more important than anyone else in this country. We really hope this is not your mindset, otherwise, we will be very very disappointed after all these years. "Pandemic" is not the excuse to stop the citizenship test now, there are many many other alternatives to help people to safely take the exams now, period!

Reactions: calgary1991

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I will never understand why people coddle government workers. You are saying Canada cares about its government employees and has stopped tests for 7 months to keep them safe, what about the rest of Canada who has been forced back to work with no union to protect them? Don’t they deserve compassion? Immigrants pay their taxes, have paid for their citizenship applications with an estimate of a one year turnaround time, and thus deserve clear communication and a solution provided for this current block in processing applications. What’s more is I find it absolutely repulsive how so many Canadians look down on citizenship applicants, not remembering that they or their very own ancestors were once Canadian citizenship applicants once upon a time. Our country is the land of immigrants and has prospered because of them!
No one is coddling them and I am certainly not going insult or trash a group of people because they are lucky enough to not have to risk their health right now.

Paying under $2000 and under 2 years for Canadian citizenship is a bargain. No one promised a one year turn around, that’s just the average. They owe you nothing. What their ancestors went through is wholly irrelevant to you. Everyone pays taxes in almost every country, your immigration status doesn’t matter for that. You use the road, electricity , sewer systems, etc.

Do I think they should update people? Yes. Do I think they will when they have an actual workable plan? Yes.
Do I think it’s a good idea to contact your MP or the IRCC to express your concern. Hell, yes!

With the attitudes I see on this forum lately, I don’t blame some Canadians for getting upset. You yell about them, insult them, and act like they some how owe you anything because you chose to come here.