+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

lulykibuly

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
looks like cases are rising like crazy....so tests will be postponed for a long time now....may be until middle or late next year....

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Everything still open. We need to move on and adapt to the new normal. With safety and cleaning measures we should be able todo the exam in person. I don’t understand why people think corona will end in months ! Our lives should not put on hold because of covid. Everything else is adapted ! We working from home or in person with covid. we can be fired if we dont do our jobs. So why our processing have to stop because of covid?

Corona will NEVER disappear even with vaccines. So stop this . Life should move on and adapt new normal. Enough is enough

Reactions: Daxsis

Daxsis

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Hey guys, I'm kinda in the same boat as you all.
Do we have a way to reach someone?
Have we written an email concerning the issue?
Where should I write if we have the email? If we don't I suppose we gather all the info about other schools, exams etc that have been open already across Canada and write a really formal moving later.

I have seen some news about the test; however, I guess the coverage was not enough, do we have people connected to news here? I have a few connection that I can explore and see what I can do. Just need info to act further.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Never mention "need to travel to work outside canada" as a reason to expediate citizenship. You'd literally be telling them "hey give me your country's citizenship so that i could leave it and pay taxes somewhere else" lol

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Lol, so your reason for urgency is that you took a faster route?

Just a FYI, when I applied for PR in 2014, EE was not yet there. So what's faster route, slower route? I was already here on WP and after 6 months, applied for free PNP certificate (2 months). No WES headache, No IELTS headache. And PR in 8-9 months after that. And If i calculate all the time you spent for your IELTES, waiting for WES, I think we would average around the same. Also FYI, my time during WP is also counted for Citizenship, so effectively I was eligible "faster" than you.

Regarding my "right" on the forum/thread, I have every right to question, answer. Its you who is questioning my right, not me. I didn't imply anywhere that everyone has to answer my question, who want's can answer.
as Biden said "will you shut up man!"

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Never mention "need to travel to work outside canada" as a reason to expediate citizenship. You'd literally be telling them "hey give me your country's citizenship so that i could leave it and pay taxes somewhere else" lol
Do not assume all overseas workers are not tax resident and do not pay tax here. Know a lot of oil and gas workers, work in middle East on rotation and still live here with their families and doing their tax returns every year.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
All the negative discouraging and counter-productive speeches already made here lose all credibility now ...

The spousal sponsors, making noise, obtained a definitive victory, and obtained their claims.

New Notice from IRCC CIC dated today:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/government-introduces-new-border-measures-to-protect-canadian-public-health-provides-update-on- travel-restrictions.html

IRCC CIC said:

With these robust protections in place, processes are being introduced to support greater family reunification, entry for compassionate reasons, and the safe and gradual entry of some international students. More specifically, these processes will provide for the entry of

• certain extended family members of Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents, including those in an exclusive dating relationship of at least 1 year and their dependent children, as well as adult children, grandchildren, siblings and grandparents

All is said. We have NO EXCUSE now, folks. We need to organize ourselves and have simultaneous sittings to quickly claim online tests. Or, at least, a clear timeline.

The sword of Damocles of a majority conservative government that will change the rules and return our candidacies by mail is still present ... There will be a new vote of confidence for the budget in the spring of 2021 ... The current liberal government can fall at any time.

Let's be smart and opportunistic like the spousal sponsors to claim what we want.

It is legal and legitimate to do so. The charter of rights and freedoms of this beautiful country guarantees us this right. We should therefore no longer discuss why doing this mobilization = waste of time ... But more efficient to discuss the modalities of our actions.

• Haha
Reactions: Coco7 and Dana.D

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
All the negative discouraging and counter-productive speeches already made here lose all credibility now ...

The spousal sponsors, making noise, obtained a definitive victory, and obtained their claims.

New Notice from IRCC CIC dated today:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/government-introduces-new-border-measures-to-protect-canadian-public-health-provides-update-on- travel-restrictions.html

All is said. We have NO EXCUSE now, folks. We need to organize ourselves and have simultaneous sittings to quickly claim online tests. Or, at least, a clear timeline.

The sword of Damocles of a majority conservative government that will change the rules and return our candidacies by mail is still present ... There will be a new vote of confidence for the budget in the spring of 2021 ... The current liberal government can fall at any time.

Let's be smart and opportunistic like the spousal sponsors to claim what we want.

It is legal and legitimate to do so. The charter of rights and freedoms of this beautiful country guarantees us this right. We should therefore no longer discuss why doing this mobilization = waste of time ... But more efficient to discuss the modalities of our actions.
that's true.

let's take an action. anyone who has any idea on how this can be organized, please speak up.

ghodubaba

Nov 20, 2019
Its good to be optimistic but not fools!!! I dont think tests will resume anytime soon. I belive its going to be late next year assuming this bug gets in control...

Sorry no offense...Just my opinion...

Good luck!!

Reactions: Coco7

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Tests are not less important than other categories to get delayed for end of next year. We have been waiting for a year already, some people 2+ years waiting. Before covid people used to get it in 5 months.

Reactions: piotrqc

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Its good to be optimistic but not fools!!! I dont think tests will resume anytime soon. I belive its going to be late next year assuming this bug gets in control...

Sorry no offense...Just my opinion...

Good luck!!
I totally agree with you, in my opinion the family reunification movement worked mostly due to the nature of their demands and everything that was at stake.
You can’t compare the case of small children being kept away from their parents vs a Permanent Resident who can live a pretty normal life in Canada while waiting for Citizenship.
I still support raising our voices, I keep tweeting about the issue every day, but I also try to be realistic and I know it could take a while until tests resume.

Last edited:

vegasIndian

Oct 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
Med's Request
03-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
17-Jul-2015
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
All right folks. Too much talk. Very little action. How about organizing next weekend Oct 10, 2020 outside IRCC offices countrywide? I'm in Montreal so I will be outside the office there. Probably after all this, the government will ignore us and won't act. Furthermore, it can perhaps leave our cause worse off. Whatever it is, time's running out. We won't have many more chances and be subject to many months if not years of wait. I propose a peaceful, respectful, law abiding, mask-wearing and hell yeah, good old Canadian demonstration to wake up bureaucrats who've had a nap too long. Let's discuss slogans, coordinate with media and follow governmental by-laws regarding Covid. Heck, in my opinion, this makea me feel like I've really earned my Canadian citizenship. Engaged citizen, true north and all that.

+1 and like if you agree and are willing in your hometown. I love this forum!

Last edited: