+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
yeah, potentially good news, but hard to know if one should celebrate yet.

This too on IRCC twitter

I'll believe it when I see it, but at least they're acknowledging it.. peanuts for action, but it's (hopefully) at least a start. I'll hold off on the bubbly for now, but will definitely keep a closer eye on this as I have friends going through the digestive tract of immigration as we speak.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
its more like an advertisement than actual work being done. Just another tactic to cover the 2021 backlog .
Of course, but this is the first official acknowledgement of the backlog that I have seen in 2 years of the pandemic. So thank God for the baby steps.

But I agree, this doesn't tell us anything if and when the actions will commence

Reactions: chs

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
They know there is 60,000 people waiting for oath. Something has to change. We are ok to self sign the certificate and then celebrate in canada day for example , open space, group outdoor ceremony. They holding our lives in this delays

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Of course, but this is the first official acknowledgement of the backlog that I have seen in 2 years of the pandemic. So thank God for the baby steps.

But I agree, this doesn't tell us anything if and when the actions will commence
perhaps one can order corporate records to see whats going on. I dont know how to.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
IMHO, this sounds like a bad idea. Doesn’t accomplish much and borders on a violation of CASL.
A concerted effort via mainstream media / PR could get more attention.
Better than this might be a legally permitted protest in front of IRCC offices - would probably get more traction in media as something unprecedented.
perhaps this could be brought to medias attention, the person put in real effort.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
You are right friends, we have to make some noise... Any initiative going in this direction can only be beneficial, we have nothing to lose... We have to make some noise even if it is a bit clumsy, and that it will activate the hateful comments of xenophobes...

The important thing is to attract the attention of the media.

Here are the ways to report news to cbc, but also to its equivalent in French, radio canada:

CBC asks to go through the regional section first, then go through the contact button (I suggest going through the one for ottawa, since it is the federal capital, but you could also go through the one for the region or your ircc office is located).

Here is the complete procedure explained for CBC:

https://cbchelp.cbc.ca/hc/en-ca/articles/115001700253-How-can-I-request-news-coverage-or-submit-a-news-tip-

There is also the show '' go public '' which can be interesting and which is quite popular. Here is their link, also the introduction which contains their email address:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/gopublic

CBC's Go Public is an investigative news segment on CBC-TV, radio and the web featuring Rosa Marchitelli and Erica Johnson.

We tell your stories and hold power to account.

Read more about us here.

We want to hear from people across the country with stories you want to make public.

You can email us directly at gopublic@cbc.ca, with your name, contact information and details of the story you would like us to look into.

Your identity will be kept confidential, unless we do a story and you agree to participate.

The French section of CBC, Radio Canada, is less complicated: A single link with an easy form to send them a news or a testimonial (Of course, you can always request anonymity), there is the link "

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/partager-nouvelle

We have already lost several months, a few years for some here (and I am in the same boat), I have absolutely nothing left to lose, I have already started preparations to file a mandamus in court... But in at the same time, I think that all actions can help things to move forward for everyone are welcome.

, Piotr.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Gentlemen , i sent a message to IRCC seeking a withdrawal ceremony date and they actually replied what are you referring by a withdrawal ceremony date ? which program did you apply under?:D

I said ill never get an oath date atleast give me the date when my application will be withdrawn lol

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Gentlemen , i sent a message to IRCC seeking a withdrawal ceremony date and they actually replied what are you referring by a withdrawal ceremony date ? which program did you apply under?:D

I said ill never get an oath date atleast give me the date when my application will be withdrawn lol
Must have stumped the agent! LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: Svet81 and luvtrump

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
My oath is on Feb 23rd (ottawa), so I didnt really do it yet to expect a certificate, but there will most definitely be a delay because of the Trucker's demonstration in Ottawa

IRCC office is located on Queen's street, they sent an email to some people awaiting certificate saying that they are closed indefinitely and that it was out of their hands.

Now, to me it does not make sense for us to wait until whatever is happening with the truckers' situation is resolved to even start hoping that certificates will be printed, no one knows how long they will stay in downtown, and it is only reasonable for IRCC to find alternate ways to print certificates.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to escalate this? They're like sorry we're closed, its out of our hands, providing no solution. It doesn't make sense because peoples' lives are on hold because of this.

Any recommendation to put light on this issue would be appreciated

Last edited:

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
My oath is on Feb 23rd (ottawa), so I didnt really do it yet to expect a certificate, but there will most definitely be a delay because of the Trucker's demonstration in Ottawa

IRCC office is located on Queen's street, they sent an email to some people awaiting certificate saying that they are closed indefinitely and that it was out of their hands.

Now, to me it does not make sense for us to wait until whatever is happening with the truckers' situation is resolved to even start hoping that certificates will be printed, no one knows how long they will stay in downtown, and it is only reasonable for IRCC to find alternate ways to print certificates.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to escalate this? They're like sorry we're closed, its out of our hands, providing no solution. It doesn't make sense because peoples' lives are on hold because of this.

Any recommendation to put light on this issue would be appreciated
You really don’t have a choice in this matter. all of us can keep ranting about it, but nothing really comes out of it. The only purpose this serves is to exchange notes about the plight of others and the issues one is facing. The inefficiencies in the system are well known, but pardon my cynicism, nothing is going to change because a few journalists write a few articles.

Reactions: Svet81 and ott-613

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Agree. There will always be execuses to not do the job. 2018/2019 waiting while late 2021 are done with everything.

I have said it before, no one cares about us immigrants. No media or petition will change the fact and push for urgency.

Reactions: Svet81 and luvtrump