+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
My wild guess why they are processing late-2020/early-2021, very fast is:

May be IRCC-Sydney might have automated their systems to scan and upload the full files instead of sending physical files to local offices. So IRCC working fast on new-online applications.

Since all 2019/Early-2020 applications are paper based, which have already been sent to local office, and there is no way for them to access the physical files (and) no one is going to local offices, so there is no chance to either scan them into system (or) to work on them.

This might be the reason that the lucky batch of late-2020/early-2021 getting fast invites and processing ahead of 2019. So all 2018/2019 backlog will be cleared once the physical offices opens up.

In any case, it is the worst bad luck in life.

Last week I read a news that, The US passports office had around 2 million pending passports to print by end of 2020, so they took it as mission critical and completed all 2 millions in just 1 month by spending extra money. That is what I call respect for law, professionalism and accountability.

But here in Canada, we are at mercy of their emotions instead of rules and policies. Very unfortunate.
This is a great assumption and would explain a lot! For example, my test results took less than a day to show up in the tracker since it's something that someone could do from home, but I guess the rest of the steps (at least language and physical presence), would likely need someone to look at my paper application, so that's why it's not moving. I just hope the union lets agents go back to the office once all restrictions are lifted (which should be Canada Day in Alberta).

Reactions: luvtrump

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
This is a great assumption and would explain a lot! For example, my test results took less than a day to show up in the tracker since it's something that someone could do from home, but I guess the rest of the steps (at least language and physical presence), would likely need someone to look at my paper application, so that's why it's not moving. I just hope the union lets agents go back to the office once all restrictions are lifted (which should be Canada Day in Alberta).
The union is not our friend,read this...

http://psacunion.ca/699-leave-hearing-dates-set-policy-grievances

I imagine that the prospect of a 'new wave' with the Indian variant must have delighted them enormously ... Their hearts must beat at high speed, so much they must wish it in their heart ...

I am totally demoralized.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Reactions: VictorCA

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
FYI we are super soft guys… just look at Twitter and hashtags #mycitizenship or #clear_citizenship_backlog which should have been used to “storm” CIC in the past.

There are only about 3 people constantly using these… or is there any other hashtag trending that I’ve missed?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
FYI we are super soft guys… just look at Twitter and hashtags #mycitizenship or #clear_citizenship_backlog which should have been used to “storm” CIC in the past.

There are only about 3 people constantly using these… or is there any other hashtag trending that I’ve missed?
yeah you missed this one #imscaredfromirccdelayingmyapp lol people tend to remain silent thinking if they speak up would cause their applicantion to delay further.

Dec 4, 2020
I took a break from the forum and I think it was a good decision. Lol.

The union makes my blood boil. It's gross disrespect of tax dollars and people who pay those taxes like me and y'all.

But the sad fact is, the union is very powerful and the people who want to abuse the system can't really be stopped. I have said it before - if they don't wanna work, no one can make them work. We are completely and absolutely at their mercy. Lol.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I took a break from the forum and I think it was a good decision. Lol.

The union makes my blood boil. It's gross disrespect of tax dollars and people who pay those taxes like me and y'all.

But the sad fact is, the union is very powerful and the people who want to abuse the system can't really be stopped. I have said it before - if they don't wanna work, no one can make them work. We are completely and absolutely at their mercy. Lol.
The worse part is that they have started to ignore applicant emails too. Everyone is getting a standard bot reply.

MrChazz

May 4, 2021

If you look at the GCMS notes now, you will see that it has all the information on physical presence, and GCMS notes are obtained by just looking at the computer records. So why would anyone need to look at the paper application?

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Even for paper applications, why would updating to show the results of a test require access to the original paper application? Much of the basic information is already computerized even for a paper application, as anyone can tell by looking at GCMS notes. It's not as though someone has to pull out the paper application and mark something with red ink.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
The union is not our friend,read this...

http://psacunion.ca/699-leave-hearing-dates-set-policy-grievances

I imagine that the prospect of a 'new wave' with the Indian variant must have delighted them enormously ... Their hearts must beat at high speed, so much they must wish it in their heart ...

I am totally demoralized.
[/QUOT

We will also be challenging Treasury Board’s policy that forces members to exhaust all other available leave like vacation, sick, or family leave before they can access 699 Leave for COVID-19-related reasons.

Oh boy, they are fighting so hard just to keep abusing tax payers money. I don't see all the public money keepers or all lessons giver in this forum to condemn this, sad just sad.

Dec 4, 2020
An example of special service: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2020-citizenship-applicants.712068/post-9506162
While many 2018 to 2020 applicants are waiting for the test some 2021 non urgent applicant are receiving test invites. These cases need to be investigated immediately!!!
That's how CIC works. No one's going to investigate and that really shouldn't be the focus imo. The focus should be on adding resources to clear the backlog.

Reactions: harirajmohan

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
That's how CIC works. No one's going to investigate and that really shouldn't be the focus imo. The focus should be on adding resources to clear the backlog.
My new application is ready to go. Just need to take Picture and pay another $630. Man this canadian citizenship is very expensive. 1240 for two apps . I could buy a return ticket to Disneyland .

Last edited: