+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship reference check gone wrong

amalhotra124

Jun 14, 2018
Hi There,

Citizenship office (Mississauga, ON) called my friend whose reference i gave but he got confused as he has two friends with same name. He told the officer about the other person and the office got confused. The citizenship officer called me and I explained that there might have been some confusion and you can call him again but she said it's okay and they will make a decision. This all happened today.

Is that a deal breaker? Can they refuse just bcoz of this reason?

The current status is "decision made"

Thanks
AM

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Hi There,

Citizenship office (Mississauga, ON) called my friend whose reference i gave but he got confused as he has two friends with same name. He told the officer about the other person and the office got confused. The citizenship officer called me and I explained that there might have been some confusion and you can call him again but she said it's okay and they will make a decision. This all happened today.

Is that a deal breaker? Can they refuse just bcoz of this reason?

The current status is "decision made"

Thanks
AM
Citizenship reference? Or do you mean Passport application reference?
I never heard about a reference in citizenship application unless it was introduced in the C6 bill.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
What stage of your application are you on?

amalhotra124

Jun 14, 2018
it's for citizenship application, My friend got the call today.

The current status of the application is "Decision Made". My test and interview was on 11th June 2018. I passed the test and the call to my friend was made today

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018

The current status of the application is "Decision Made". My test and interview was on 11th June 2018. I passed the test and the call to my friend was made today
When did you provide a reference in citizenship application??
I don’t remember ever providing any such information on the application form.....

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014

Yeah, but where is this in your application, was it after your status changed to in process, after your test, after your oath? It would mean different things depending on where you are in your application timeline.

amalhotra124

Jun 14, 2018
The reference was provided with the application. I have the test on 11th June and did not check the online status till today. I checked the status after I got the call from the citizen ship officer and it showed "Decision Made".

I cannot tell whether she called my first and then she changed the status to decision made or it was changed before.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
The reference was provided with the application. I have the test on 11th June and did not check the online status till today. I checked the status after I got the call from the citizen ship officer and it showed "Decision Made".

I cannot tell whether she call my first and then she changed the status or it was changed before.
Then it sounds like it's a good sign. If you passed the test, and the interview went well, they probably just wanted to validate some other things with said friend. Hopefully good new.

amalhotra124

Jun 14, 2018
test was good...i got 19 correct and my wife got 20 correct :) . Interview went well. I provided all the documents that were requested.
She said she has no concerns, just a final check from RCMP and then you should get an invite..but today this call thing happened so I am a bit confused :(

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
test was good...i got 19 correct and my wife got 20 correct :) . Interview went well. I provided all the documents that were requested.
She said she has no concerns, just a final check from RCMP and then you should get an invite..but today this call thing happened so I am a bit confused :(
How do you know the call was from IRCC?

tio654

May 10, 2018
Do you mean job reference in the employment history... ?? Where u lived and worked ..

amalhotra124

Jun 14, 2018
She told me that she was the same officer I met on 11th June 2018 and she had all the details I provided for my friend and application. She just told me that your friend said you guys have not met in last 2-3 years.

Yes I provided job reference letters as well, I am not sure if she called them or not. I know for sure that she called my friend (not from work).

I was asked to provide the reference/other details as my application went for detailed review few months ago. I got test invite after that so thought everything is clear now.

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She told me that she was the same officer I met on 11th June 2018 and she had all the details I provided for my friend and application. She just told me that your friend said you guys have not met in last 2-3 years.

Yes I provided job reference letters as well, I am not sure if she called them or not. I know for sure that she called my friend (not from work).

I was asked to provide the reference/other details as my application went for detailed review few months ago. I got test invite after that so thought everything is clear now.
How they got your friend number , I don't think so we add number for any relatives in the file anytime.

amalhotra124

Jun 14, 2018
I was asked to provide additional info as my application went into some random audit. I was told to provide reference and some additional information which I did provide few months ago and I got letter for test last month.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I was asked to provide additional info as my application went into some random audit. I was told to provide reference and some additional information which I did provide few months ago and I got letter for test last month.
Oh i see just hopefully you explained your friend Got it mixed up at least they were saying the truth and ahe called you to clear things up onsteaf of just assumkng