+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview

shz86

Apr 4, 2020
Hello, I had an interview on November 8th and was asked to submit a police certificate from my home country. Does anyone know how long will it take after submitting the supplementary document to get LPP updated and receive the oath email? Thanks

Paul48

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Hello, I had an interview on November 8th and was asked to submit a police certificate from my home country. Does anyone know how long will it take after submitting the supplementary document to get LPP updated and receive the oath email? Thanks
have you spent more than 180 days in your home country during the eligibility period?

shz86

Apr 4, 2020
Didn't you submit the police certificate with your application? Are they asking for it again?
I had submitted it before but the office asked me to apply for a new one since it had only some days not included in the previous PC.

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Anyone else had their interview cancelled last minute? Mine was scheduled for today and I received an email saying it’s cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances and will be rescheduled. Soooo disappointing

• Sad
Reactions: Jalalcananda

eee

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
I got notes today and it says

"Location : E-Grant Out of Canada"

test taken outside and completed date updated on 28th Sep 2023.
LPP is in progress

is there anyone in simillar situation and would it impact delay processing ?

would i get a call for interview ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I got notes today and it says

"Location : E-Grant Out of Canada"

test taken outside and completed date updated on 28th Sep 2023.
LPP is in progress

is there anyone in simillar situation and would it impact delay processing ?

would i get a call for interview ?
Are you still out of Canada?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
yes. due to family emergency. planning to travel back in jan mid.

any steps need to follow ?
Once you are back send your boarding pass confirming your return. This might help in your application moving forward. Many applicants don't see any delay because of being outside Canada but some just don't see any processing done till they are back. The opaqueness of IRCC system does not help in understanding the discrepancy in their behaviour.

Reactions: eee

ScotchCad

Oct 27, 2023
Are the interviews done virtually most of the time? For me to travel to Scarborough would be excessive for what might be a 5 minute interview (which I'm hoping for though haha, and that the reason I have an interview isn't due to some problem).

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Are the interviews done virtually most of the time? For me to travel to Scarborough would be excessive for what might be a 5 minute interview (which I'm hoping for though haha, and that the reason I have an interview isn't due to some problem).
yeah my wife drove from GTA West to SCR for this on Thursday. She reached before time and was out of the building before her scheduled time. File cleared for oath.

ScotchCad

Oct 27, 2023
yeah my wife drove from GTA West to SCR for this on Thursday. She reached before time and was out of the building before her scheduled time. File cleared for oath.
Thats great for her! Problem for me is im in Barrie. Hopefully it's virtual. Don't want to have to take a whole day off work