+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Just did mine 2 hours ago.
2 Photo Ids (driver's license / PR card etc)
Passport
Landing Document (if applicable) - this is listed on a board in the room but didn't ask me to present it.

Don't need the police check or the Language test but if you have copies, take them.
Thanks - how long did it last, what were the questions asked if you don't mind?

STUMPED

Nov 14, 2023
Thanks - how long did it last, what were the questions asked if you don't mind?
Not even 5 minutes.
Background questions.
Confirm Address, phone number.
Where do you work?
The travel dates mentioned in the application are correct?
When did you become a PR?
Did you fill out the application yourself?

"That's all I needed for your background verification, you will receive an email for Oath taking in about 6 weeks".

Reactions: dextro590 and CABA

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Not even 5 minutes.
Background questions.
Where do you work?

"That's all I needed for your background verification, you will receive an email for Oath taking in about 6 weeks".
Thanks much!

Maagie

May 13, 2018
I had my interview today, but what surprised me is that the agent said that it can take from few weeks to few months to get any updates. They also said something along the lines of "I don't have any other questions for you at this point, we haven't made our decision yet and once we do we will contact you via email"

From what I've seen most people are told that they will get Oath request soon and that wasn't mentioned at my interview ta all :'(.

For those who had an interview - did they say anything like my agent did?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I had my interview today, but what surprised me is that the agent said that it can take from few weeks to few months to get any updates. They also said something along the lines of "I don't have any other questions for you at this point, we haven't made our decision yet and once we do we will contact you via email"

From what I've seen most people are told that they will get Oath request soon and that wasn't mentioned at my interview ta all :'(.

It's a pretty common response. Don't worry about it. Is your LPP still in progress?

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017

Was any concern raised during the interview?

dextro590

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Not even 5 minutes.
Background questions.
Where do you work?

Can you please elaborate what kind of background questions they asked? Which office did you have your interview at? Was your LPP completed before you had the interview or after?

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Not even 5 minutes.
Background questions.
Where do you work?

did you have any status change post interview?

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Hi all, I got interview request 4 months after my test.Do you know how is it and why may be requested even though they asked for passport copies separately?I am also wondering if I can have the online interview while I am outside the country,I didn't see anywhere mentioning about if we are outside the country for the interview unlike for the test or oath.
My partner had an interview this morning. Was asked to show the Passport, ID and PR card. Asked questions about travel , current job etc. Lasted for 6 minutes and in the end the officer said if there is something else, will reach out via email and if not, you would get an oath within couple of months

Reactions: dextro590

ozzycey

Oct 4, 2021
Hey everyone my wife and I received a notice to appear with a citizenship officer for an interview. The title is "Invitation to an interview with a citizenship official and verification of identity/documents"

BG is completed
Test was completed recently

Is this a normal process?

What kind of questions do they ask?

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Hey everyone my wife and I received a notice to appear with a citizenship officer for an interview. The title is "Invitation to an interview with a citizenship official and verification of identity/documents"

BG is completed
Test was completed recently

Is this a normal process?

What kind of questions do they ask?
Perfectly normal. From what I have heard it's just verification of identity questions, what your job is and travels. Just 5-15 minute interview. Have your PR card, id, passport with you.

Reactions: ozzycey

optiscience

Sep 14, 2023
My partner had an interview this morning. Was asked to show the Passport, ID and PR card. Asked questions about travel , current job etc. Lasted for 6 minutes and in the end the officer said if there is something else, will reach out via email and if not, you would get an oath within couple of months

Hi @CABA, did your partner get an update on tracker regarding LPP after interview? I had my interview on Thursday but haven't gotten any update yet. Thank you!

Reactions: dextro590