+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview

ZaraSamina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Hi,
I got interview request via email today, no update on tracker yet. But the email, consent form as well as information is in French. I use google translation to understand the email and it is said interview is regarding Language and/or knowledge.
Should I email them to send me in English?
Will i have to give test again as I have already passed my test in India last year April and its updated in the tracker?
Thank you

Reactions: luckyrefugee

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hi,
I got interview request via email today, no update on tracker yet. But the email, consent form as well as information is in French. I use google translation to understand the email and it is said interview is regarding Language and/or knowledge.
Should I email them to send me in English?
Will i have to give test again as I have already passed my test in India last year April and its updated in the tracker?
Thank you
stamps or visas not in english must be translated . i didnt do it so am stuck after interview as they requested it and only my language was completed after interview presence and prohibition pending since 7th march

ZaraSamina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
stamps or visas not in english must be translated . i didnt do it so am stuck after interview as they requested it and only my language was completed after interview presence and prohibition pending since 7th march
my visa and all the stamps are in english.
The email from ircc is in french.

Feb 17, 2024
I was also requested to provide copies of passport pages but I could only provide pages of travel documents because I surrendered my original passport as a refugee.

Was this not the case for you? Which stamps or visas did you have to translate? Thanks

Reactions: luckyrefugee

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
I was also requested to provide copies of passport pages but I could only provide pages of travel documents because I surrendered my original passport as a refugee.

Was this not the case for you? Which stamps or visas did you have to translate? Thanks
full copies of the passport pages even blank for the eligible period and translation of arabic stamps from saudi arabia. did they ask you at physical interview or before interview. My physical presence got updated on 4th april after i sent documents on 14th march now waiting for prohibition only to get updated. hopefully soon. but if i would have translation of stamps at interview it could have saved me sometime

Feb 17, 2024
full copies of the passport pages even blank for the eligible period and translation of arabic stamps from saudi arabia. did they ask you at physical interview or before interview. My physical presence got updated on 4th april after i sent documents on 14th march now waiting for prohibition only to get updated. hopefully soon. but if i would have translation of stamps at interview it could have saved me sometime
I haven’t been invited to an interview yet but I was requested to send all copies including blank pages.

Did you tell them that you surrendered your original passport? Because how can I send copies of my original passport if they have it?

I never travelled outside of Canada during my eligibility period. So I can only provide pages of refugee travel document that I got in case I wanted to travel.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Done with my interview last week. The officer said I will hear about oath in 4-5 weeks.
There is no update in tracker yet.
have u heard anything till now. any changes to LPP ?

Smithlee9019

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Done with my interview last week. The officer said I will hear about oath in 4-5 weeks.
There is no update in tracker yet.

I have interview coming next week documents identification can ubshare ur experience I am worried why interview after 9 months of waiting after test nothing complete except test

ZaraSamina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
I have interview coming next week documents identification can ubshare ur experience I am worried why interview after 9 months of waiting after test nothing complete except test
The interview, which lasted barely ten to fifteen minutes, went quite well. She told me that the only reason I was being interviewed was because I took my knowledge test outside of Canada and they needed to know if I was back. She verified this by looking through my passport and ID.
My LPP was finalllllyy completed yesterday, and I'm currently awaiting the oath.

Smithlee9019

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
The interview, which lasted barely ten to fifteen minutes, went quite well. She told me that the only reason I was being interviewed was because I took my knowledge test outside of Canada and they needed to know if I was back. She verified this by looking through my passport and ID.
My LPP was finalllllyy completed yesterday, and I'm currently awaiting the oath.
Thank you so much