+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview

braheem

Jan 30, 2018
Hello! I have been invited for an interview, but I am currently outside of Canada and only has my valid passport, it is a problem that I can only show scanned pages of the expired passport?
How did it go? I have a similar situation

best_67

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Hi Everyone
I have citizenshp interview tomorrow for documents varifications. does any one has lists of documents? My PR card is expiring Oct 28 and I am travelling Oct 20. Do i need to request them for fast processing in interview?
Thanks

glennchu

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Hi folks, my mother will have an interview in 2 weeks. I have a couple questions.
1, if she needs an interpreter (for example me), can I also join the TEAMS link on another computer (Because my mom and I are in different countries)? Or we have to seat together.
2, If I really want to confirm Q1, can I just reply to the email to ask?
3, The invitation does not require that she take the interview in Canada, do I need to reconfirm this?
4, She is exempt from the English requirement , so the interview is just for confirming docs?
Any info will be appreciated!!!!
Zi
Hello Zi, did you hear back from the CIC? How did it go? Can you please share your experience. I am at the same boat where my mom who is above 55 received the interview request.

Thank you.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi Everyone
I have citizenshp interview tomorrow for documents varifications. does any one has lists of documents? My PR card is expiring Oct 28 and I am travelling Oct 20. Do i need to request them for fast processing in interview?
Thanks
Same boat. Mine expires on Oct 2 and my flight is on that day...I just emailed them I will send boarding pass once I'm in.

amerkhaled

Star Member
May 17, 2021
Hi guys.
I am 2021 may applicant.
I had my interview on 6 July 2022 and on 21 July there was a ghost update,all is in progress except background check completed.
Does any one knows when they will send me real update

naten

Feb 20, 2018
Hi Everyone
Thanks
how was your interview?

Sep 15, 2016
Did you tell IRCC that you are outside canada ?
hey! seeing that no one responded to you, i am wondering what did you end up doing? just got an interview invite for the 24th of October. I was supposed to fly out of Canada on the 16th though for SIX weeks, and now I am all confused. Also rethinking my trip because if there is a chance the oath invite will come right after, I would rather delay the trip.

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
I had my citizenship interview yesterday. It lasted for only 2 minutes. The lady asked me to show my passport, PR card and Immigration landing document.
Before that she told me that there are no issues in my application, and they just wanted to see my original documents. It is like picking any application randomly to check the original documents. She was very polite and explained everything without raising the need for me to asking a question. She checked with me if I am available next month for Oath, to which I replied "No" as I have to travel to India in December. I proposed February next year for Oath ceremony and she noted it down. Interview started at 10:30 AM and ended at 10:32 AM.

Oh.canada

Jan 25, 2019
Hi guys.
I am 2021 may applicant.
I had my interview on 6 July 2022 and on 21 July there was a ghost update,all is in progress except background check completed.
Does any one knows when they will send me real update
Did you get any update?

Mrblue

Feb 22, 2020
Hey guys! I’m a July 2019 applicant and had my citizenship interview about 2 and a half weeks ago… the officer told me she put me in the queue for the oath ceremony… does anyone know how long it takes after the interview to get an oath invitation?
hi there.
any update ?

amerkhaled

Star Member
May 17, 2021
Did you get any update?
Nothing since 6 July.
After reseting password now there is update on 7 October but also ghost update.
While searching on Facebook there is a guy who applied on February 2022 just took his citizinship..
How on the earth is that possible.
We are approaching our end and nothing about citizinship,as if they are punishing us..