+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview

Jeevan Kumar

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Hello Everyone, I completed my Test online almost 10 Days ago. I haven't received anything saying about the test results instead, the tracker got updated like this. Does anyone have any idea what " Hearing Required" status means? is something normal or I am the only one like this? I am concerned

Appreciate your Help

wink

May 25, 2021
Hello Everyone, I completed my Test online almost 10 Days ago. I haven't received anything saying about the test results instead, the tracker got updated like this. Does anyone have any idea what " Hearing Required" status means? is something normal or I am the only one like this? I am concerned

Appreciate your Help
Looks like you are not just alone:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/invited-to-citizenship-hearing.781271/

This "Hearing" seems to be a new thing. Not sure what is it about.

Reactions: Jeevan Kumar

ECHO-26

Nov 8, 2022
Hello,
I received an update for interview but its been a week no email or information is sent to me.
can anyone advice when i will get email or information regarding this interview?
secondly is it possible to do this interview online or not?
and what questions they will ask during this interview?

Thanks

ECHO-26

Nov 8, 2022
Hello,
I received an update for interview but its been a week no email or information is sent to me.
can anyone advice when i will get email or information regarding this interview?

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
Hello,

Thanks
When is your interview? My interview showed up on my tracker, but I never received the email IRCC said they sent. If I had not checked the tracker, I would have missed the interview entirely.

I called IRCC several times, and I emailed the office that sent my passport page request. They re-sent the link two days before the interview. You have to submit a form via email ahead of time, so don't wait until the last minute to contact IRCC.

wink

May 25, 2021
When is your interview? My interview showed up on my tracker, but I never received the email IRCC said they sent. If I had not checked the tracker, I would have missed the interview entirely.

I called IRCC several times, and I emailed the office that sent my passport page request. They re-sent the link two days before the interview. You have to submit a form via email ahead of time, so don't wait until the last minute to contact IRCC.
Thanks for the info. How much time they gave you between the day interview showed up on your tracker and the interview date?

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
Thanks for the info. How much time they gave you between the day interview showed up on your tracker and the interview date?
I think it showed up on the tracker about 10 days before the interview. According to the person I spoke to at IRCC, the office sent the email earlier than that. Still have no idea why I never got it- it's the only time I missed something.

Reactions: wink

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Hello,

Thanks
Same happened to me. I didn't logged in for few days on online tracker and when I checked, it was showing "Appear for Interview". I didn't receive any email with interview details. I used the web form to contact IRCC and informed them of missing email communication. But very next day, I decided to perform a search in Gmail account and was able to search "Appear for Interview" email. There seems to be some issue with gmail as it hides the email in inbox, but when you perform search with title "Appear for Interview", the same email filters out.
Yes, Interview is online only using Microsoft Teams. All details are included in "Appear for Interview" Email. Please try search in your email account and see if you are able to find this email.

canukr1

Nov 10, 2022
I just received an in-person interview request (I've already passed the online citizenship test) for Nov 21st. I am currently out of the country and won't be able to return in the near future due to family obligations related to the war in Ukraine. Do you know if it is possible to get the interview changed to an online one? If so, how do I go about requesting this? Thank you so much.

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Hello all,
Today there was some update, not on the tracker but I got an email where I have been asked to attend for an in-person interview at Mississauga office.
Could anyone share their experience with the interview ? Little nervous! Thank you!

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
I just received an in-person interview request (I've already passed the online citizenship test) for Nov 21st. I am currently out of the country and won't be able to return in the near future due to family obligations related to the war in Ukraine. Do you know if it is possible to get the interview changed to an online one? If so, how do I go about requesting this? Thank you so much.
Reply to the email and ask them. Or call.

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Hello all,
Today there was some update, not on the tracker but I got an email where I have been asked to attend for an in-person interview at Mississauga office.
Could anyone share their experience with the interview ? Little nervous! Thank you!
There's nothing to be nervous about. In the past before the pandemic everyone did an interview. All they are doing is a final check of all documents. There are some persons who got to do the oath immediately after the in-person interview. Read the email carefully and carry all documents they ask.

Reactions: ashvez