+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview

sriram.vsg

Dec 10, 2014
Hello.
I got an interview letter for Citizenship. But the invitation link I got doesn’t work. The one says Click here to join meeting. I mean I am not able to click it. Even the instructions link that I got in Consent form doesn’t work. Did you also experience something similar?
Please let me know if you know anything about this. Sent a reply to Cic. But no response yet. Had my interview next week. Really worried. Already it took more than 2 years to get at this point.
hi, I also have similar issue, how was your issue resolved?

w3rlgn

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
I have my interview date on 24 June. Any advice to prepare for the interview? They just mentioned in the invitation letter that they want to verify my original docs.
It'll all go well, keep all your documents ready and answer their questions. Don't be stressed!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
hi, I also have similar issue, how was your issue resolved?
Possibly there is no interview scheduled anymore for you. For some candidates they send invite and then they cancel it(without informing). Call cic or submit webform and ask them to place the note on file regarding this problem so that they can review and get back to you. We cant do much about it.

TAS2016

Apr 28, 2016
Hi,
Got an interview call for 29th June, excited and nervous at the same time as I will not be in Canada from tomorrow for a period of 3 weeks. Is it OK if I attend an interview from outside Canada? What kind of documents they are looking for? Thank you

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
when you do guys get interview request before Lang skills, physical presence, citizenship test, background verification, prohibitions and citizenship test all are marked completed? currently, i have all those completed only citizenship ceremony is not started. Thanks

Tgvk

Oct 21, 2021
Hi, I am a Toronto Applicant for Citizenship submitted 0n May 2019. I had my interview today, 24 June 2022. The officer just verify my docs and asked a few questions. It lasted about 5 mins. He asked me if I have a travel plan soon and I told him yes. He said, they will send my the oath invitation in the coming weeks. Does anyone has any idea, how long it may take to get the oath invitation, after the interview?

Rameshvs30

Nov 13, 2016
Hi,

Me and my wife have been asked to come for an in person interview on 13th July. We have passed the test (me in April 2021 within Canada and my wife in Sept 2021 from UK). We applied in July 2019. We have been outside Canada since the application. We have the required physical presence and no convictions during our time in Canada.

I read some threads in this group and feel a little worried that they could deny us this because they are unsure if we will return. Surely, life is unpredictable, but we will definitely return at some point. How does one approach this..we have been very honest with them and will do so always. Nowhere does it say we should be in Canada after applying.

Any advice on the interview technique? Thanks!

Ramesh

vickyy

Nov 7, 2015
Hello! I have been invited for an interview, but I am currently outside of Canada and only has my valid passport, it is a problem that I can only show scanned pages of the expired passport?

fulton1712

Star Member
Jun 27, 2022
Alberta
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
08-10-2019
Question, does everyone have to do an interview or is it just random selection?