+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview and Request for Supplementary Evidence (CIT0520) in the same email.

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Yes I did. It's more like you have to, you need to get them done sooner than later if you have any.
Did you have to get all the stamps translated? Meaning even those not in the eligibility period? I'm just going back and tracking everything and I do have a lot of stamps of entry and exit to my home country but even some of those are really difficult to translate (they have arrows or planes coming and going out of the country). I haven't been specifically asked for them so I am unsure what to do. I do have all my tickets and boarding passes so I'm wondering if I should just send them an email to ask.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
I just checked, almost all of the stamps on my passports are already in English and the local language of the country so I guess no translation required. The main thing I am curious about is, are you sure you have to submit only the documents marked with 'X'? It does not say that anywhere in the letter that I received.
Yes, only the marked docs. It is a standard form, they tick boxes against the docs that they want. They wouldn't bother cutting out anything. It is a fillable .pdf

Reactions: limits

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
I just checked, almost all of the stamps on my passports are already in English and the local language of the country so I guess no translation required. The main thing I am curious about is, are you sure you have to submit only the documents marked with 'X'? It does not say that anywhere in the letter that I received.
In my case, they dont list out everything and just indicates for scanned passport for every pages. You might want to double confirm. However i have one stamp from chech republic and it falls out of my 5 year periode, does it mean i have to find chech translator just to translate a stamp?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Did you have to get all the stamps translated? Meaning even those not in the eligibility period? I'm just going back and tracking everything and I do have a lot of stamps of entry and exit to my home country but even some of those are really difficult to translate (they have arrows or planes coming and going out of the country). I haven't been specifically asked for them so I am unsure what to do. I do have all my tickets and boarding passes so I'm wondering if I should just send them an email to ask.
Yes, everything. It's what they ask for, even it's not in the eligibility period. The request asks for your passports in the eligibility period, but the stamps in there, regardless of what time, are part of the passports, which means you should get them translated.

It doesn't hurt to ask if you really want to.

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
any idea how to compress a 48 pages passport to a file less than 5MB? i just tried 4 pages and the the size is 1.8MB..please advise

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Yes, everything. It's what they ask for, even it's not in the eligibility period. The request asks for your passports in the eligibility period, but the stamps in there, regardless of what time, are part of the passports, which means you should get them translated.

It doesn't hurt to ask if you really want to.
Thanks for the answer. This is horrible news for me. I have lots of stamps from European countries which cannot be translated. I also find it hard to understand why they would ask for translations of stamps outside your eligibility period. I will try to send them an email to ask but they didn't even answer my first email.

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Thanks for the answer. This is horrible news for me. I have lots of stamps from European countries which cannot be translated. I also find it hard to understand why they would ask for translations of stamps outside your eligibility period. I will try to send them an email to ask but they didn't even answer my first email.
I'm aware for EU countries the stamps are only the name of the airports so I would assume nothing to be translated. However, I might be wrong. Please let me know if you have answers from CIC officer.

Reactions: zeyzey6

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
I'm aware for EU countries the stamps are only the name of the airports so I would assume nothing to be translated. However, I might be wrong. Please let me know if you have answers from CIC officer.
I will for sure. Maybe I'm getting myself confused with visa stamps, which thankfully for me are all in English or French. But my concern is mostly for entry/exit stamps. I completely agree, most of my EU stamps are just dates and names of airports and just planes coming in and out. I will try to send them an email tomorrow and will follow up with you if I hear anything back. Good luck with your application.

Grand Jumper

Star Member
Mar 7, 2021
How many days in advance did you receive the interview invitation? I read an update on the IRCC verification page, there is an interview scheduled for May 27, but I haven't received the invitation yet.

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
How many days in advance did you receive the interview invitation? I read an update on the IRCC verification page, there is an interview scheduled for May 27, but I haven't received the invitation yet.
mine scheduled on 25th, got the invitation on the 19th

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
I called ahead of the interview and the call-center agent confirmed that EU stamps don't need to be translated
Thank you for this helpful comment!
I also have couple of stamps where it's written "Frankfurt", so I doubted it needed translation. But you clarified, so thanks;)
I'm trying to get ready in advance, but no request for additional docs / passports have been received (yet?).

Reactions: zeyzey6

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
I called ahead of the interview and the call-center agent confirmed that EU stamps don't need to be translated
Thank you so much for this comment, I really appreciate that! Did you end up getting any other entry/exit stamps translated? I'm at a loss. All of the entry/exit stamps on my passport are dated in numbers with the exception of one so the translation would literally be for the words "entry" or "exit". Someone said to get all stamps translated, regardless of eligibility period, so I don't even know where to start.