+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview and Request for Supplementary Evidence (CIT0520) in the same email.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Thank you so much for this comment, I really appreciate that! Did you end up getting any other entry/exit stamps translated? I'm at a loss. All of the entry/exit stamps on my passport are dated in numbers with the exception of one so the translation would literally be for the words "entry" or "exit". Someone said to get all stamps translated, regardless of eligibility period, so I don't even know where to start.
Yes, I did a total of over 100 stamp and visa translations. I had to translate "entry/exits" from Cantonese as an example, Turkish too even though they were accompanied by the English equivalent (for the ones from China) and pretty self explanatory from Turkey, but still we agreed on the phone with the agent that it would be much better to be prepared than to be sorry. There are no specific rules around it (apart from "everything non-English or French has to be translated") and is solely at the discretion of the officer. Some take this requirement mildly, others might require more. Take it straight: think of yourself as someone who knows only English/French, but at the same time didn't grow in isolation to be able to understand that Munchen in English would be Munich and thus is self-explanatory, Arabic, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Russian and the like use different alphabets and thus need a translation. Worked for me, worked for most

limits

May 13, 2015
I called ahead of the interview and the call-center agent confirmed that EU stamps don't need to be translated
How long did it take you to get through to an agent? Are they able to look into your file once you reach them? I’m thinking I might call them next week just to confirm that they received my email with my passport scanned copy and the consent form.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
How long did it take you to get through to an agent? Are they able to look into your file once you reach them? I’m thinking I might call them next week just to confirm that they received my email with my passport scanned copy and the consent form.
Between 6 to 7 minutes to get all the numbers right, listen to all the outdated crap and then request a call back (usually around 30 minutes for them to call back) Yes, they are able to look into the file for you. You can call them, you could also send a chaser to the original e-mail. They do monitor this mailbox, although with no certainty of an answer

Reactions: novascotia27

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Yes, I did a total of over 100 stamp and visa translations. I had to translate "entry/exits" from Cantonese as an example, Turkish too even though they were accompanied by the English equivalent (for the ones from China) and pretty self explanatory from Turkey, but still we agreed on the phone with the agent that it would be much better to be prepared than to be sorry. There are no specific rules around it (apart from "everything non-English or French has to be translated") and is solely at the discretion of the officer. Some take this requirement mildly, others might require more. Take it straight: think of yourself as someone who knows only English/French, but at the same time didn't grow in isolation to be able to understand that Munchen in English would be Munich and thus is self-explanatory, Arabic, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Russian and the like use different alphabets and thus need a translation. Worked for me, worked for most
Thanks a lot for this. I do have stamps from Turkey, Sweden, Spain, Cuba for entry and exits that are technically not in English or French. I wasn't worried about the EU ones after seeing your post, they're also pretty self explanatory. But so are the Turkish stamps and the Cuban ones. Does the call centre agent look at your file as they discuss the possibility of translations? If that's the case, I'm definitely going to call right away on Tuesday (everything will be closed on Monday) and ask. Sorry for all the endless questions, I really appreciate all your help.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Thanks a lot for this. I do have stamps from Turkey, Sweden, Spain, Cuba for entry and exits that are technically not in English or French. I wasn't worried about the EU ones after seeing your post, they're also pretty self explanatory. But so are the Turkish stamps and the Cuban ones. Does the call centre agent look at your file as they discuss the possibility of translations? If that's the case, I'm definitely going to call right away on Tuesday (everything will be closed on Monday) and ask. Sorry for all the endless questions, I really appreciate all your help.
They can look at your file, yes. Whether they do as they speak to you I don't know. Maybe they chew on poutine instead )))
What happened to me when I was inquiring about stamps was that I was describing stamps telling her what country every stamp was from, what form and colour they were (well, not everyone of them, but I kind of grouped them) and she was googling them as we went and commented whether to translate or not. I happened to get to a patient agent ))) she did make a disclaimer that technically everything needed to be translated, but I pointed out to her that as an example ATIO didn't have a single certified translator from Icelandic and thus I couldn't possibly translate that one per their requirements. So at the end of it we agreed that the immigration officer is not a robot and would understand that Keflavik stamp would only mean one thing and likewise all other EU stamps wouldn't need to be translated. That was a long conversation, but I really i)appreciated the patience on the other end of the line and ii) saved myself a bunch of loonies by not going the extra mile

Reactions: Hapique and zeyzey6

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
They can look at your file, yes. Whether they do as they speak to you I don't know. Maybe they chew on poutine instead )))
What happened to me when I was inquiring about stamps was that I was describing stamps telling her what country every stamp was from, what form and colour they were (well, not everyone of them, but I kind of grouped them) and she was googling them as we went and commented whether to translate or not. I happened to get to a patient agent ))) she did make a disclaimer that technically everything needed to be translated, but I pointed out to her that as an example ATIO didn't have a single certified translator from Icelandic and thus I couldn't possibly translate that one per their requirements. So at the end of it we agreed that the immigration officer is not a robot and would understand that Keflavik stamp would only mean one thing and likewise all other EU stamps wouldn't need to be translated. That was a long conversation, but I really i)appreciated the patience on the other end of the line and ii) saved myself a bunch of loonies by not going the extra mile
Thank you so much for this. It is sooooooooo helpful. I completely agree, some agents at the call centre are really nice and try their very best to help. I had categorized all my stamps according to the regions and dates so if I can get someone on the phone I'll ask them about the translations and which stamps to get translated. I wish I had called them today but oh well, I might be cutting it close with the translations as places usually ask 2 to 3 business days. The issue with me is that if I go with the entire period of my passport eligibility then the stamps that I have pretty much double in number so it would really be helpful for me to know if I need to get absolutely everything or just those in the eligibility period translated. Thanks a lot again, this was really helpful. Good luck with everything and have a lovely long weekend.

limits

May 13, 2015
Between 6 to 7 minutes to get all the numbers right, listen to all the outdated crap and then request a call back (usually around 30 minutes for them to call back) Yes, they are able to look into the file for you. You can call them, you could also send a chaser to the original e-mail. They do monitor this mailbox, although with no certainty of an answer
Hey Lex, can you tell me how you were able to reach an agent by telephone. I tried about 3-4 times today but it always says that 'We are unable to connect you to an agent at this time, sorry for the inconvenience'. I am calling the 1-888-242-2100 number and after entering the UCI, I entered 3-4-1-0.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Hey Lex, can you tell me how you were able to reach an agent by telephone. I tried about 3-4 times today but it always says that 'We are unable to connect you to an agent at this time, sorry for the inconvenience'. I am calling the 1-888-242-2100 number and after entering the UCI, I entered 3-4-1-0.
Keep trying. Last time I got through on the third attempt. Don't recall the number sequence once dialed in though, but it is pretty much straightforward

limits

May 13, 2015
Keep trying. Last time I got through on the third attempt. Don't recall the number sequence once dialed in though, but it is pretty much straightforward
Yeah I did finally manage to get through, didn't turn out to be too useful though because they do not have access to email correspondence with the office. I wanted to confirm that they have received the required documents and they cannot do that. She told me that basically if I sent it, its confirmed, there is no acknowledgement.

• Sad
Reactions: zeyzey6

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Yeah I did finally manage to get through, didn't turn out to be too useful though because they do not have access to email correspondence with the office. I wanted to confirm that they have received the required documents and they cannot do that. She told me that basically if I sent it, its confirmed, there is no acknowledgement.
I don't want to discourage you, but when I called the agent told me the date and essence of the documents received by IRCC, i.e. she did see it on the file somehow. Maybe not the email, but the fact of the receipt was confirmed

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
I got the exact same response today. To add to your comment, the call centre agent told me that they never upload the digital documents online and that the officers working on our cases are so extremely busy that they don't have time for these things. She couldn't see any of the documents uploaded for my file and said that I should assume that it was fine and that they would have contacted me if they hadn't received it. It was a very unhelpful, discouraging phone call. Maybe we spoke to the same person :D My call got dropped in my first try too. I am just going ahead with translations for some of my stamps. The call centre agent that I talked to couldn't even say anything about EU stamps so I'm not getting them done. It seems like all call centre agents are different and maybe it wasn't the best to call after a long weekend. Best of luck to you too.

Reactions: Hapique

limits

May 13, 2015
I don't want to discourage you, but when I called the agent told me the date and essence of the documents received by IRCC, i.e. she did see it on the file somehow. Maybe not the email, but the fact of the receipt was confirmed
Maybe there is a delay between the time you send the documents and the time they get uploaded to your file.

Reshcan

Aug 6, 2020
Hi everyone. Sorry if this has been covered but i need some clarification. I got the citizenship interview invite today and i have the following questions:
1. Can i submit the consent form Microsoft teams and passport color copy (supplimentary document) they have requested in one email together? I believe email address to send both is the same. Is it two business days before the event i need to submit by or two days from today?
2. They are requesting passport and or travel document. Do i also need to add in copy of study permit, work permit, PR etc? (Not sure if these come under travel doc)
3. Some of my entry/exit stamps are from costa rica, dominican, cuba. Mostly just date, entry/exit and airport name in Spanish. The rest of the stamps are in English. All visas stickers are in English too. Do i need to get only these specific stamps translated and attach with my passport email?

I really appreciate it. Thanks!

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi everyone. Sorry if this has been covered but i need some clarification. I got the citizenship interview invite today and i have the following questions:
1. Can i submit the consent form Microsoft teams and passport color copy (supplimentary document) they have requested in one email together? I believe email address to send both is the same. Is it two business days before the event i need to submit by or two days from today?
2. They are requesting passport and or travel document. Do i also need to add in copy of study permit, work permit, PR etc? (Not sure if these come under travel doc)
3. Some of my entry/exit stamps are from costa rica, dominican, cuba. Mostly just date, entry/exit and airport name in Spanish. The rest of the stamps are in English. Do i need to get only these specific stamps translated and attach with my passport email?

I really appreciate it. Thanks!
I'm not sure about some of the questions here, but one thing I can confirm is that - you have to translate your stamps that are not in English and French, by a certified translator. I know it's a lot of work, but you just have to - so they can verify your physical presence.