+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview and Request for Supplementary Evidence (CIT0520) in the same email.

limits

May 13, 2015
I completed my online citizenship last week and today I got an email inviting me for an interview. Attached within the email is the invitation to interview as well as a 'Request for Supplementary Evidence CIT0520' form. It asks me for the following:
  1. Complete colour photocopies of all passports and/or travel documents that were valid between from 20xx-xx-xx to 20xx-xx-xx, even if now expired. If photocopies are requested, you must provide a colour photocopy of every page.
  2. Rental agreements, leases or mortgage documents.
  3. Record of employment or pay stubs for all jobs held during the above time period.
  4. Official education records for all educational institutions attended during the period stated above.
  5. Official education records for your minor children for all educational institutions they attended during the
    period stated above.
  6. Provincial/Territorial personal health claim summary.
  7. Entry-Exit Records / Record of Movement from during the above time period.
I am a little confused since I am receiving both a request for supplementary evidence as well as a citizenship interview invite in the same email. Has this happened to anyone before?

What records do I need to provide for (7), would that be flight tickets? Also, does this mean that the process will be delayed?

Last edited:
Reactions: nicolass

limits

May 13, 2015
Are you sure all 6 of them were ticked/selected that you need to submit? Seems a bit excessive for all those documents.
Oh do I only have to submit the ticked one? Only the first one is ticked, but it is ticked with an 'X'. I actually thought that means, I don't have to submit that one.

Reactions: nicolass

limits

May 13, 2015
Yes only the one with X that you need to submit
Hey so, the only one that has an 'X' is this one: Complete colour photocopies of all passports and/or travel documents that were valid between from 20xx-xx-xx to 20xx-xx-xx, even if now expired. If photocopies are requested, you must provide a colour photocopy of every page.

However, I had already submitted this along with my citizenship application so why are they asking for it again? Do the stamps on my passport need to be translated?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hey so, the only one that has an 'X' is this one: Complete colour photocopies of all passports and/or travel documents that were valid between from 20xx-xx-xx to 20xx-xx-xx, even if now expired. If photocopies are requested, you must provide a colour photocopy of every page.

However, I had already submitted this along with my citizenship application so why are they asking for it again? Do the stamps on my passport need to be translated?
They just want to confirm your physical presence in Canada, nothing to worry about, I was requested the same thing.

Reactions: nicolass and limits

limits

May 13, 2015

Thanks for the clarification. Did you have to get the stamps on your passport translated? For example, if you went to an Asian country and they stamped it in the local language when you entered.

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
I have my expired passport in my home country and can definitely ask someone to help to color scan every page, however I don't have it on hand right now. will the interviewer ask the show the physical proof of the expired passport during the interview?

limits

May 13, 2015
I have my expired passport in my home country and can definitely ask someone to help to color scan every page, however I don't have it on hand right now. will the interviewer ask the show the physical proof of the expired passport during the interview?
Yes most likely. Did you get the same request as me?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I was not asked to present my expired passport physically presumably because it predated my PR. If your PR stamp is in your current passport on hand it should be ok. If not, try asking the officer (before your scheduled interview) what can be done in your case.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
i did but only stated "5 years before you applied for citizenship"..should I reschedule? not sure can't get it here within a week from my home country
In my case the interviewer asked for both expired and valid passports to show her the stamps and even empty pages. Was odd tho.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thanks for the clarification. Did you have to get the stamps on your passport translated? For example, if you went to an Asian country and they stamped it in the local language when you entered.
Yes I did. It's more like you have to, you need to get them done sooner than later if you have any.

limits

May 13, 2015
i did but only stated "5 years before you applied for citizenship"..should I reschedule? not sure can't get it here within a week from my home country
You only need it if it was submitted as part of your citizenship application.

limits

May 13, 2015
Yes I did. It's more like you have to, you need to get them done sooner than later if you have any.
I just checked, almost all of the stamps on my passports are already in English and the local language of the country so I guess no translation required. The main thing I am curious about is, are you sure you have to submit only the documents marked with 'X'? It does not say that anywhere in the letter that I received.