Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Update: certificate arrived in the mail today.

Oath Ceremony: January 26, 2022
Ceremony marked complete: Feb 2, 2022
Certificate received: Feb 7, 2022.

My file still isn't marked closed, but I was able to register to vote online. I've requested an appointment for the Edmonton passport office.

One last bit of road to go down...

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada

My file still isn't marked closed, but I was able to register to vote online. I've requested an appointment for the Edmonton passport office.

Congrats!!!
When you registered to vote, did you have to upload an picture of ID to get the registration done? or it showed "You are registered to vote" once you searched by name and address?

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017

Finally eh! Hopefully mine comes in the mail soon as well. Are you able to tell which office mailed your certificate, was it Winnipeg or Edmonton? I’m asking because I remember you also had a Winnipeg presiding official even though you’re from Edmonton (I’m Calgary, and I had a Winnipeg official).

Brinsty

May 27, 2021

Good to see you received it. Was it regular mail too?

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
I took the Oath on Jan 27, 2022 and I had the Oath form emailed to IRCC on the same day. As of today Feb 5, the status is still "In progress" with "Ceremony" in progress as well. Seem like IRCC never stops surprising their so-called "clients" by its bureaucracy
As of today Feb 8, 2022 the status has been updated to "CLOSED". Hopefully the certificate will come soon

Reactions: Omegabyte

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Congrats!!!
When you registered to vote, did you have to upload an picture of ID to get the registration done? or it showed "You are registered to vote" once you searched by name and address?
I had to upload ID. I uploaded my drivers licence and certificate. It was done within moments. Now shows I'm registered to vote.

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Finally eh! Hopefully mine comes in the mail soon as well. Are you able to tell which office mailed your certificate, was it Winnipeg or Edmonton? I’m asking because I remember you also had a Winnipeg presiding official even though you’re from Edmonton (I’m Calgary, and I had a Winnipeg official).
It was mailed from Edmonton office.

Reactions: thatguyoverthere

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
I had to upload ID. I uploaded my drivers licence and certificate. It was done within moments. Now shows I'm registered to vote.
Same for me.. I had to upload the driver's license (only) and then few mins later I received an email that the voting registration is complete. But I know few people who didn't need to upload anything.. They were already registered voters when they checked in elections.ca I am wondering if this has anything to do with tracker status being COMPLETE/CLOSED or not.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Same for me.. I had to upload the driver's license (only) and then few mins later I received an email that the voting registration is complete. But I know few people who didn't need to upload anything.. They were already registered voters when they checked in elections.ca I am wondering if this has anything to do with tracker status being COMPLETE or not.
So does this mean that even if you are able to register to vote.. There is no assurance that you will able able to apply for passport as long as file is not closed?

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
So does this mean that even if you are able to register to vote.. There is no assurance that you will able able to apply for passport as long as file is not closed?
Correct. ElectionsCanada shows I am registered to vote.. I wonder how do they approve the registration (or how do they know if I am a citizen or not) because the tracker status is still In-Progress. PassportsCanada is unable to verify.

Either they look into a different system, or they just approve whoever registers to vote and upload a valid ID document (for me, I only uploaded the drivers license and not the citizenship certificate, and it was approved within few mins - or maybe auto-approved)!!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Same for me.. I had to upload the driver's license (only) and then few mins later I received an email that the voting registration is complete. But I know few people who didn't need to upload anything.. They were already registered voters when they checked in elections.ca I am wondering if this has anything to do with tracker status being COMPLETE/CLOSED or not.
In the citizenship application you check a box whether you want to be registered for voting automatically. If you don't check this box you need to register by yourself.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
In the citizenship application you check a box whether you want to be registered for voting automatically. If you don't check this box you need to register by yourself.
Might not be true. My application closed since Jan 25 and I asked to be registered but it does not look like I am registered yet.

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Wow @Dhaka2014 That is seriously messed up. :(

You can contact the Call Centre. I'm on the phone with them now.

Put in your UCI number followed by #. Select 1 if you entered it correctly. Then select 1,1,4,1,1. Ignore any reference to Afghanistan, just wait the message out and you'll get options to select from. If it says they're too busy, just hang up and call back. It may take several tries.

Good luck!
Thank you so much man for the shortcut keystrokes.. It helped a lot. I was able to get to an agent after 3 attempts (wait time was 28 mins).

The agent checked the system and said "your certificates are not printed yet". I said "I have the certificates with me since 25 days and I applied for passports". He said. I can't see any certificate printed for you.

After few mins of checking, he said ok let me send a request to the office to update the certificate info in the system. So let's see what happens and how many days it will take.

I have an official email from IRCC minister's office that my certificates were printed on Jan 11th. And I received them by Purolator on Jan 13th. But apparently there is no record in the system that certificates were even printed. Such a mess in Ottawa office.

I am working on multiple ways to get to Ottawa office. I will share once I have an update. Thank you for your help guys.

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Yes, and I am sure I checked that box.. I was still not a registered voter until I uploaded my drivers license.

Reactions: CaBeaver