+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
For me they closed the file on 20 Jan Oath was 19 Jan. Still waiting for the certificate ( Mississauga ) :mad:
They closed your file quickly, but the certificate is delayed. My guess is that some offices close the file only when the certificate is dispatched, others close it before. I might be wrong

Reactions: bluesami

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
AFAIK, there is no rhyme or reason to the file closing and mailing of the certificate. Problematic offices appear to be Ottawa, Montreal, and Edmonton. :mad:
I am in Edmonton I had my ceremony on 16 Dec and still waiting I reply to ceremony email call many times nothing happen wait wait and wait that’s all what they say

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Yes nothing to do every week a call same answer I don’t know u haves to wait!!!!!!
Did you send an email to the address I shared with you? Did you fill out the web form? Have you contacted your MP?

Calling does no good. The call centre cannot help, they only provide limited information. All they can do is read a couple info screens we can't see.

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Yes that should be fine although Vpn significantly reduces the speed of your internet especially if you have sloe internet connection. Regardless if you have a smartphone (Android /iOS) you can do zoom from there as well.
Okay got it thanks! I do have a smartphone and that was the back up option but a laptop was really plan A.

Reactions: Kornet

Brinsty

May 27, 2021
I called IRCC and they confirmed twice that my certificate was mailed Feb 3rd. My application is still in progress but citizenship ceremony is complete. I will wait to see if I get this certificate.

Brinsty

May 27, 2021
Did anybody already receive the certificate and the tracker still shows “in-progress”?
I will let you guys know if I do. I got an email today from Edmonton IRCC saying my certificate has been mailed to me. My tracker still shows in progress tho.

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
I will let you guys know if I do. I got an email today from Edmonton IRCC saying my certificate has been mailed to me. My tracker still shows in progress tho.
Ok.. Please let me know if you get your certificate before the tracker status updates. Please don't ask me why I am asking this as it can be even more frustrating to know.

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
I received a similar email. Mailed February 3, which isn't correct because it can't be mailed until Edmonton office inspects the certificate for correctness and closes the file. :mad:

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Ok.. Please let me know if you get your certificate before the tracker status updates. Please don't ask me why I am asking this as it can be even more frustrating to know.
The certificate is NOT mailed until the file is closed. The file isn't closed until the mailing office has inspected the certificate for correctness and closed the file.

I don't understand why the dishonesty from IRCC Edmonton office. :mad:

Brinsty

May 27, 2021
I received a similar email. Mailed February 3, which isn't correct because it can't be mailed until Edmonton office inspects the certificate for correctness and closes the file. :mad:
Did you speak to them over the phone? They all confirm that my file states its mailed Feb 3rd. I will have to wait to see if certificate arrives. I know someone that received certificate 10 days after oath but tracker was still in progress. Fingers crossed it arrives

Reactions: Omegabyte