+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
The certificate envelope says "Do Not Fold" but they still send via regular post. What does Canada Post even do when its regular mail... It has to be folded so that it can be put into the mailbox. After charging $600 per person, they don't even want to spend on minor courier fee. Pretty ridiculous!
Can you imagine?? It’s ridiculous. It’s one BS or another from the moment you submit the application til the moment you get the passport.

Brinsty

May 27, 2021
No kidding. Oath last Wednesday Jan 26, asked for rush on the certificate, still no action on the Status Tracker. Ceremony still "In Progress".

Anxiety is reduced, but not gone. :(
Same here, Oath last Wednessday Jan 26. No update until I sent email alot of time to Edmonton IRCC. Luckily an agent replied to say they didnt receive any oath form (i sent these countless times to the email address). I emailed new signed oth form and after a day, the ceremony tracker shows complete but application still in process and not closed which is confusing. I also asked for rush on the certificate as I have travel in 5 weeks.

Last edited:

Brinsty

May 27, 2021
No kidding. Oath last Wednesday Jan 26, asked for rush on the certificate, still no action on the Status Tracker. Ceremony still "In Progress".

Anxiety is reduced, but not gone. :(

Are you Edmonton IRCC? Because I had mine Jan 26 8:15 am and it seems we had same issues

Reactions: Omegabyte

Brinsty

May 27, 2021
Oath on Jan 26 @ 8:15 am, no change on Status Tracker - still shows "In Process".

Requested rush processing of certificate due to family emergency in US. No response.

Calgary Officiant, Winnipeg, MB clerk "NK", Edmonton office (application), applied Nov 2019.

In all my nearly 56 years on this earth, I've never experienced anything so disorganized and frustrating.
Just seen this! I asked for urgent processing and now it's alot even frustrating.

Brinsty

May 27, 2021
Hi I had my ceremony on 16 Dec in Edmonton still waiting for my certificate I reapply to the ceremony email they sent me but nothing happen!!! Online my status everything completed but on the top say in progress what that mean?thx
Same with me. I just emailed my MP. Don't know what that means. They say it's in queue for printing but taking time now!

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
My Passport shows Edmonton Processed it. My Time Line

Passport App Received at Gatineau : Jan 5
CC Charged : Jan 12
Passport Canada telephoned me to check my Employment Dates: Jan 20
Guarantor Called : Jan 25
Received Passport : Jan 28

My Journey of 7 years ends here..From IELTS preparation...to PR Card..Landing ..Job ..Family ..Citizenship ....

Thank you forum members ..
Congrats. Btw, May i know how many guarantor details they need? what employment dates they will check? Do they check for everyone? what other question they asked?

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Unless it is violating a guideline, I wouldn’t change anything on the application. No idea how this impacts processing. I wouldn’t want to take any chances.
What are your timelines like?
Everything is complete as of Jan 27th except Oath which is not started yet. I am online applicant applied on Feb 20th,2021

88krishna

Jan 29, 2017
I just attended the oath ceremony (Montreal office) from Vancouver on Feb 4. Does anyone know how long Montreal office takes to send out certificate? I specifically asked IRCC officer during ceremony to send it ASAP as I have travel plans for next month

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
I took the Oath on Jan 27, 2022 and I had the Oath form emailed to IRCC on the same day. As of today Feb 5, the status is still "In progress" with "Ceremony" in progress as well. Seem like IRCC never stops surprising their so-called "clients" by its bureaucracy

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
Hi,

Does anyone here work in tech for any of the banks? Did you try to do your Oath ceremony on a work laptop using the bank's VPN? Does it work? I think the ceremony is over a Zoom link (we don't need to download and install Zoom). I do have MS Teams on my work laptop though.

I am asking because I only have a work laptop and can only access the laptop's internet using VPN.

Any guidance is appreciated!
Yes that should be fine although Vpn significantly reduces the speed of your internet especially if you have sloe internet connection. Regardless if you have a smartphone (Android /iOS) you can do zoom from there as well.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
How long does it usually take to close the file after the ceremony, and how long after that to receive the certificate?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I took the Oath on Jan 27, 2022 and I had the Oath form emailed to IRCC on the same day. As of today Feb 5, the status is still "In progress" with "Ceremony" in progress as well. Seem like IRCC never stops surprising their so-called "clients" by its bureaucracy
I took it around the same time, and still ceremony in progress as well :( Disappointed

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
AFAIK, there is no rhyme or reason to the file closing and mailing of the certificate. Problematic offices appear to be Ottawa, Montreal, and Edmonton. :mad:
It appears so. I don't know why. They asked us to "immediately" submit the oath form after the ceremony. They should complete the file "immediately" after the ceremony. I don't understand how they think

Reactions: SALOK and Omegabyte

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
How long does it usually take to close the file after the ceremony, and how long after that to receive the certificate?
For me they closed the file on 20 Jan Oath was 19 Jan. Still waiting for the certificate ( Mississauga ) :mad: