Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
It’s always one thing or the other with these people. It makes zero sense to mail out such sensitive and important document with regular mail.

We pay exorbitant fees for processing and citizenship app fees, I’m very sure they can afford to spend $20 (maybe not even) to mail each applicant’s document with express delivery with signature smh
Agreed!

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Update: Status Tracker now shows Ceremony: Complete (Feb 2) , but application still "In Progress". So much for "please rush my certificate - I have a family emergency in the US" (with proof provided). :mad:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: CaBeaver

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Hi,

Does anyone here work in tech for any of the banks? Did you try to do your Oath ceremony on a work laptop using the bank's VPN? Does it work? I think the ceremony is over a Zoom link (we don't need to download and install Zoom). I do have MS Teams on my work laptop though.

I am asking because I only have a work laptop and can only access the laptop's internet using VPN.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Hi,

Does anyone here work in tech for any of the banks? Did you try to do your Oath ceremony on a work laptop using the bank's VPN? Does it work? I think the ceremony is over a Zoom link (we don't need to download and install Zoom). I do have MS Teams on my work laptop though.

I am asking because I only have a work laptop and can only access the laptop's internet using VPN.

Any guidance is appreciated!
Yes, the ceremony is over Zoom. You can use a smartphone or tablet through the Zoom app if the laptop is questionable.

Some VPN's are restricted to certain web site addresses or IP numbers. You would have to test it by contacting someone outside your bank's organization to know for certain.

Reactions: ms453

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Yes, the ceremony is over Zoom. You can use a smartphone or tablet through the Zoom app if the laptop is questionable.

Some VPN's are restricted to certain web site addresses or IP numbers. You would have to test it by contacting someone outside your bank's organization to know for certain.
Got it this is very helpful thank you!

Nik_shy

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Hi guys,

While I am waiting for the 'Citizenship Certificate' to arrive. I was trying to come up with the logic for the delay in citizenship certificate delivery.

Maybe i am thinking out loud →

The citizenship certificate is signed by the "Registrar of the citizenship". The definition of "Registrar of the citizenship is the presiding offer/citizenship Judge on the govt site.

In my case, my IRCC office was "Mississauga " but the preceding offer was from Montreal. My oath was on 20th Jan and case status was closed the next day 21st. When I called IRCC they said my certificate is printed and mailed on 21st itself. Now I believe the certificate mailed here means, they sent it to the Montreal (citizenship Judge office to sign and sent it back to Missusaga office) obviously via regular mail. Now when the Mississauga office will receive a signed Citizenship certificate, then they will mail it to me via regular mail (hence they need 2 to 4 weeks' time to deliver). People with the same city preceding officer in their oath ceremony might get it in under 2 weeks. And for urgent processing, IRCC might be using express post-one-day delivery.

My 2 cents (completely my own logic - I might be wrong)

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Before COVID, they would hand over the certificate right there and then after the oath. The certificate is not good for travel, its only a documents that tells that you are a citizen, why cant they have some thing like the vaccine passport with QR code and that can be downloaded by logging into the IRCC portal. When they can do it for vaccine why cant they do it for just a certificate.

Reactions: Omegabyte

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
Before COVID, they would hand over the certificate right there and then after the oath. The certificate is not good for travel, its only a documents that tells that you are a citizen, why cant they have some thing like the vaccine passport with QR code and that can be downloaded by logging into the IRCC portal. When they can do it for vaccine why cant they do it for just a certificate.
Because they are idiots

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Hi guys,

While I am waiting for the 'Citizenship Certificate' to arrive. I was trying to come up with the logic for the delay in citizenship certificate delivery.

The citizenship certificate is signed by the "Registrar of the citizenship". The definition of "Registrar of the citizenship is the presiding offer/citizenship Judge on the govt site.

In my case, my IRCC office was "Mississauga " but the preceding offer was from Montreal. My oath was on 20th Jan and case status was closed the next day 21st. When I called IRCC they said my certificate is printed and mailed on 21st itself. Now I believe the certificate mailed here means, they sent it to the Montreal (citizenship Judge office to sign and sent it back to Missusaga office) obviously via regular mail. Now when the Mississauga office will receive a signed Citizenship certificate, then they will mail it to me via regular mail (hence they need 2 to 4 weeks' time to deliver). People with the same city preceding officer in their oath ceremony might get it in under 2 weeks. And for urgent processing, IRCC might be using express post-one-day delivery.

This is good logic, but unfortunately I don’t think that’s the case. I personally know a couple people who had their presiding official in the same city (one took 30 days to get), the other person is still waiting (today makes it 15 days for them). Some say it all boils down to the clerk and how fast they are.

To be quite honest, there seems to be no logic whatsoever as to how or why IRCC do majority of their things. We can only speculate and hope for the best!

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
If the top still says "In Progress", they haven't mailed your certificate.

It's been 7 weeks, and the maximum time from Oath ceremony to certificate in hand is supposed to be 4-6 weeks. I would suggest contacting Edmonton office, Citizenship Ceremony office, and filling out the webform as well. You may need to contact your MP. (If you need those email addresses, please contact me via direct message.)

They've had a month since the Christmas season to process certificates. It's unreasonable to make people wait so long. But it's par for Edmonton office.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
To be quite honest, there seems to be no logic whatsoever as to how or why IRCC do majority of their things.
The certificate envelope says "Do Not Fold" but they still send via regular post. What does Canada Post even do when its regular mail... It has to be folded so that it can be put into the mailbox. After charging $600 per person, they don't even want to spend on minor courier fee. Pretty ridiculous!

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
Hi thx for your help I just call today again they say u have to wait the call Center can’t do nothing for me can u pleas se the address to send him an email? The inly email I sent was replying to the ceremony Email but nothing happen I read from same one here in Edmonton he had ceremony on 22 and he recive his certificate beginning on January!!!! How come? I don know and I don’t understand!!!!!!

hrudnick

Jan 31, 2022
Hi guys,

Hi, one question, how do you find out where is your IRCC office?

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Hi thx for your help I just call today again they say u have to wait the call Center can’t do nothing for me can u pleas se the address to send him an email? The inly email I sent was replying to the ceremony Email but nothing happen I read from same one here in Edmonton he had ceremony on 22 and he recive his certificate beginning on January!!!! How come? I don know and I don’t understand!!!!!!
Correct, the Call Centre can't help. They're limited to providing info and changing addresses - at least as far as Citizenship applications go.

I'll send you a direct message later this evening with the email address of Edmonton office. You'll also want to fill out the Web Form found at https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp