+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
@Dhaka2014 Have you finally received your citizenship certificate yet? Any updates?

I'm also in a similar situation, not sure what to do here.
Not certificate yet. It’s already 2.5 months since oath date. Status is still “In-Progress”. I guess JT is been on vacation and left our papers on his desk.

I faxed the Solemn declaration form (citizenship certificate never received) to Sidney, NS yesterday. Hoping they will look at it within a month from now and do something.

Will send emails to major news media this week to see if they agree to publish Ottawa office story.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received the certificate yesterday, my oath date is Dec 23rd.
I received my Citizenship certificate on Jan 5th 2022 by regular mail. My Oath date was Dec 21st 2021. It arrived earlier than I estimated.
What offices handled your case? My oath date was Dec. 8 and no certificate yet. I just emailed our London office again...

parrys198

Aug 24, 2014
Woodstock, ON
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER 15-12-2014
AOR Received.
Processing started on 05-03-2015
Med's Request
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-03-2015
Interview........
Third Line 08-04-2015
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
What offices handled your case? My oath date was Dec. 8 and no certificate yet. I just emailed our London office again...
That's a long wait at every step. I did my oath on Jan 4 and checked tracker a few hours later and to my surprise, it says: Prohibitions form sent on Dec 20 and oath is in progress.
Prohibitions status say completed. Unsure what is going on.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's a long wait at every step. I did my oath on Jan 4 and checked tracker a few hours later and to my surprise, it says: Prohibitions form sent on Dec 20 and oath is in progress.
Prohibitions status say completed. Unsure what is going on.
They are probably updating your file... but my file was closed the next day after the oath. Did you ask if you could pick up the certificate in the office?

OttawaCanada

Jan 1, 2022
Not certificate yet. It’s already 2.5 months since oath date. Status is still “In-Progress”. I guess JT is been on vacation and left our papers on his desk.

I faxed the Solemn declaration form (citizenship certificate never received) to Sidney, NS yesterday. Hoping they will look at it within a month from now and do something.

Will send emails to major news media this week to see if they agree to publish Ottawa office story.
seems like we are both on the same boat. I did my certificate two weeks after you (17th of novemeber) and JT seems to be taking his sweet time

bhushh009

Mar 13, 2016

who the f*** is this JT guy? Who goes on vacation for more than 2.5 months... I had oath in Nov 1st week and still have not received the certificate yet. I also have *JT in email subject.
All my business travel is pending because of this guy...

parrys198

Aug 24, 2014
Woodstock, ON
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER 15-12-2014
AOR Received.
Processing started on 05-03-2015
Med's Request
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-03-2015
Interview........
Third Line 08-04-2015
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
They are probably updating your file... but my file was closed the next day after the oath. Did you ask if you could pick up the certificate in the office?
No, since I got invite from Niagara Falls office and oath clerk is from Hamilton. Unsure if London office has any role anymore.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, since I got invite from Niagara Falls office and oath clerk is from Hamilton. Unsure if London office has any role anymore.
I did my oath with Niagara Falls office as well. Well, I emailed both offices today... no response yet...

OttawaCanada

Jan 1, 2022
who the f*** is this JT guy? Who goes on vacation for more than 2.5 months... I had oath in Nov 1st week and still have not received the certificate yet. I also have *JT in email subject.
Is the status of your application still in progress? I called my mp office today and some one should reach out to me to get more info, will let you know if that helps. I did my oath on the 17th of nov and also have jt the subject line

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
I talked to CBC today and they were interested in publishing an article about “massive delay of sending citizenship certificate by Ottawa office”. They asked me couple of documents that I’ll send them (emails and letters I sent to IRCC and the 2 IRCC ministers (the previous one and the current one)) and some other evidences. Then they will call for an interview and then reach out to the minister for a comment before they publish the article.

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
This is not the first time. JT has done this before in June last year. You will see a lot of posts about this specific person in the forum.

Reactions: omarnabsws

OttawaCanada

Jan 1, 2022
This is not the first time. JT has done this before in June last year. You will see a lot of posts about this specific person in the forum.
How sure are we that JT is linked to a person? I am yet to meet someone from Ottawa who did not have *JT in their subject line