+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Hi everyone. I had to post a new thread to ask those who are still waiting for the citizenship certificate.

I've had the oath ceremony back on May 19 in Ottawa and have submitted the form on the same day. I've not received the certificate yet.

The one thing I would consider as a possible reason for the delay would be the change of address. But I don't think it would cause that much of an issue.

Are you or do you know anything about delays in delivering citizenship certificates?

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Hello, you can try e-mailing the immigration officer to confirm if it was sent. Know of people who had citizenship ceremony on 19-May, got the certificates in 10 days.

Reactions: thesonicbro

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi everyone. I had to post a new thread to ask those who are still waiting for the citizenship certificate.

I've had the oath ceremony back on May 19 in Ottawa and have submitted the form on the same day. I've not received the certificate yet.

The one thing I would consider as a possible reason for the delay would be the change of address. But I don't think it would cause that much of an issue.

Are you or do you know anything about delays in delivering citizenship certificates?
It has been more than a month. Contact them and ask. Unfortunately, there is a chance that the certificate was lost in transit.

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Hello, you can try e-mailing the immigration officer to confirm if it was sent. Know of people who had citizenship ceremony on 19-May, got the certificates in 10 days.
I didn't have an interview so I don't have a contact of an officer to send an email. I also happen to know a couple of people in Ottawa who had the ceremony a couple of weeks ago and got their certificates today!

It has been more than a month. Contact them and ask. Unfortunately, there is a chance that the certificate was lost in transit.
I call the call centre and they suggested to give it two more weeks to follow up. The status on the new trackers still shows "In Progress" which is quite interesting.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I didn't have an interview so I don't have a contact of an officer to send an email. I also happen to know a couple of people in Ottawa who had the ceremony a couple of weeks ago and got their certificates today!

I call the call centre and they suggested to give it two more weeks to follow up. The status on the new trackers still shows "In Progress" which is quite interesting.
It could also mean that they might not have mailed your certificate yet. Well, if that's the case, then it is a lesser problem than the first (the issue of certificate being lost in transit). If that happens, you'll have to provide a solemn declaration and request IRCC to issue a new certificate.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

What about the officer for your ceremony? My interviewing and oath officers were different, and it was the oath officer who 1. sent me my oath invite, and 2. told me to email them if I haven’t received the certificate after 6 weeks.

Reactions: thesonicbro

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
What about the officer for your ceremony? My interviewing and oath officers were different, and it was the oath officer who 1. sent me my oath invite, and 2. told me to email them if I haven’t received the certificate after 6 weeks.
I will wait for two more weeks and then message them again at the Ottawa's general email.

Thank you!

Reactions: bellaluna

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
It seems no one at IRCC or Ottawa office is willing to respond to my inquires.

Even the MP, can't get the matter resolved some how.

Anyone had or learned of similar situation? The status on the new tracker still shows in progress!

callaway73

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Toronto
It seems no one at IRCC or Ottawa office is willing to respond to my inquires.

Even the MP, can't get the matter resolved some how.

Anyone had or learned of similar situation? The status on the new tracker still shows in progress!
Did you send a message to your case agent who sent you the oath invite?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
what is the normal timeframe to receive the certificate after oath? regular mail or express mail?
I think it is sent via regular mail and according to IRCC, it can take up to 4 weeks for the certificate to be issued. However, this can also depend on how soon your local office dispatches these certificates and how far you are from your local office.

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Did you send a message to your case agent who sent you the oath invite?
I don't have a case agent as I didn't have an interview throughout the process.

Call the call centre?
Yes. The centre were just responding by waiting a bit more. Their conclusion is that the certificate is in the queue for dispatch.

what is the normal timeframe to receive the certificate after oath? regular mail or express mail?
I think it is sent via regular mail and according to IRCC, it can take up to 4 weeks for the certificate to be issued. However, this can also depend on how soon your local office dispatches these certificates and how far you are from your local office.
Right on. I live in the same city as the office. A friend who also live in the same neighbourhood happened to have their oath a couple of weeks later and received their certificate 10 days after.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Right on. I live in the same city as the office. A friend who also live in the same neighbourhood happened to have their oath a couple of weeks later and received their certificate 10 days after.
This is good to hear. I live so close to my LVO (~ 5 mins drive) :) . So, looks like when the time comes, I should get my certificate the day after it is dispatched from the local office.

• Haha
Reactions: Exorcist