+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

blaiseVisa

Feb 15, 2023
It will take about 2-3 weeks (from the date application is marked closed), if you did not request for your certificate to be expedited.
In our case I requested for certificates to be expedited cpl of days before the ceremony (but it was rejected) but during the Oath ceremony the clerk acknowledge the expedite request and said that she will send the certificate by post the next day provided we send the signed Oath forms(by email) as soon as the ceremony is finished.
Oath: Sep 13
File Closed: Sep 14 (Tracker updated on Sep 15)
Certificate received by standard Canada Post mail: Sep 16
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2021-citizenship-applicants.740188/post-10217822

SCR office
Hi,
Do you mean you spoke to the clear about the issue or she acknowledged the fact you had an issue already raised?
If you brought it up, please can you tell me what convinced her and what you had to show her?

I am in the same situation but mine is a travel to celebrate my birthday that has been planned for about 1 year now. over 12 friends and family are attending. Will showing all booked trips suffice? and when should I raise this?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi,
Do you mean you spoke to the clear about the issue or she acknowledged the fact you had an issue already raised?
If you brought it up, please can you tell me what convinced her and what you had to show her?

I am in the same situation but mine is a travel to celebrate my birthday that has been planned for about 1 year now. over 12 friends and family are attending. Will showing all booked trips suffice? and when should I raise this?
I had sent the email to IRCC Scarborough office 2 days before the ceremony with a request to expedite the certificates. In the email I had included letter (issued on the company letterhead) stating the reasons for travel, travel dates, etc, this letter was issued by my manager.

Scarborough office replied with the following email

Good day,

Thank you for your email. There are about 5 weeks between your ceremony date and your expected travel. That is enough time to receive your certificate and get your Canadian passport. If you send us your signed oath form right after the ceremony within the regular business hours, we will issue your certificate the same day and mail it to you the following day. You can receive your certificate in about one week. Please make sure that we have your current mailing address on your file.

Alternatively, our records show that your PR card is valid until 2024/xx/xx. You can travel and return back to Canada from abroad until that date.

You can request cancellation of your ceremony date, keep your PR Card intact and reach out to us via this email thread to request to be rescheduled after you have RETURNED to Canada. You will most likely be rescheduled within 4-6 weeks from the date of your request. The rest of your family can proceed with the ceremony as scheduled.

Please let us know if you would like to proceed with cancellation of this ceremony date.

Regards,
Scarborough IRCC Team / ZBL

I replied to this email stating, I do not wish cancel my participation for the Oath Ceremony.

On Sep13, The clerk who checked our documents in breakout rooms (PR cards etc) acknowledged during the Oath ceremony that their office had received my email in which I had stated the request to expedite the certificate. She mentioned that as soon as the ceremony gets over send the signed oath forms asap and she will ensure the certificates are mailed the next business day by regular Canada Post mail. I used the opportunity to ask her if I can pick up the certificates from Scarborough office instead, she said that it is not possible because of CoViD restrictions

We followed what she suggested us to do and we got the certificates in our mailbox on Sep 16

In my honest opinion they will not consider your request since it is for a personal trip and not an emergency. But there is no harm in sending this and asking for it.

missblack

Apr 25, 2019
My oath was Feb 6th MB SK virtual oath. Application status changed to closed on Feb 8th (updated on Feb 10th). Anyone with the same date/office, let's keep each other updated on how long it took for the certificate to arrive. The clerk said it would take 4 weeks.
did you get your certificate or not yet??

blaiseVisa

Feb 15, 2023
I had sent the email to IRCC Scarborough office 2 days before the ceremony with a request to expedite the certificates. In the email I had included letter (issued on the company letterhead) stating the reasons for travel, travel dates, etc, this letter was issued by my manager.

Scarborough office replied with the following email

Good day,

Thank you for your email. There are about 5 weeks between your ceremony date and your expected travel. That is enough time to receive your certificate and get your Canadian passport. If you send us your signed oath form right after the ceremony within the regular business hours, we will issue your certificate the same day and mail it to you the following day. You can receive your certificate in about one week. Please make sure that we have your current mailing address on your file.

Alternatively, our records show that your PR card is valid until 2024/xx/xx. You can travel and return back to Canada from abroad until that date.

You can request cancellation of your ceremony date, keep your PR Card intact and reach out to us via this email thread to request to be rescheduled after you have RETURNED to Canada. You will most likely be rescheduled within 4-6 weeks from the date of your request. The rest of your family can proceed with the ceremony as scheduled.

Please let us know if you would like to proceed with cancellation of this ceremony date.

Regards,
Scarborough IRCC Team / ZBL

I replied to this email stating, I do not wish cancel my participation for the Oath Ceremony.

On Sep13, The clerk who checked our documents in breakout rooms (PR cards etc) acknowledged during the Oath ceremony that their office had received my email in which I had stated the request to expedite the certificate. She mentioned that as soon as the ceremony gets over send the signed oath forms asap and she will ensure the certificates are mailed the next business day by regular Canada Post mail. I used the opportunity to ask her if I can pick up the certificates from Scarborough office instead, she said that it is not possible because of CoViD restrictions

We followed what she suggested us to do and we got the certificates in our mailbox on Sep 16

In my honest opinion they will not consider your request since it is for a personal trip and not an emergency. But there is no harm in sending this and asking for it.
Thanks.
I do not think I have a choice at the moment.

Bibobibo123

Jul 4, 2022
That’s fast. Where do you live? Did you ask for expedition?
I live in Calgary. During ceremony the officer asked me if I have any travel plan, I said yes since I’m travelling on Mar 10. She said that would be pretty tight timeline and if I want to reschedule my ceremony. I said I still want to go ahead with the ceremony so she said she put a note on my file. I’m not sure what note she put but I assume to expedite my certificate.

Reactions: ecekid

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
I live in Calgary. During ceremony the officer asked me if I have any travel plan, I said yes since I’m travelling on Mar 10. She said that would be pretty tight timeline and if I want to reschedule my ceremony. I said I still want to go ahead with the ceremony so she said she put a note on my file. I’m not sure what note she put but I assume to expedite my certificate.
When you sent the email with oath form, did you mention anything in the email?

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Virtual oath Mississauga Feb 16 , how long is the wait for certificate? Who else is waiting . Status closed in ecas and tracker.