Citizenship Certificate After Oath

brswng

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Victoria
Hello,

took oath on the same day January 9th.
Virtual oath with MB SK office.
No update in the tracker, neither received my certificate.
spoke With ircc agent and mentioned my certificate was mailed out on 18th and till date there is no sign of certificate in my mail box.
please update if you had received it or seen any change in the online tracker status.
did you get the certificate yet?

yv9205

Feb 15, 2022
still nothing? omg
how long since they sent it out?
Mentioned it was mailed out on January 18th and still I haven’t received.
Not sure how their system works with regards to mailing out these certificates.
But their timelines are complete insane.
IRCC agent mentioned to wait till March 1st and if I haven’t received it yet, then I have to email back to the ceremony invite email asking them to send one more copy and I have to wait for 2 more weeks to receive it.

Bibobibo123

Jul 4, 2022
Question - I just had my oath today and the email address has MB SK in it but in the sample email they asked us to send oath form it said IRCC Edmonton. So I’m not sure which office processing my oath…

Zod91

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Mentioned it was mailed out on January 18th and still I haven’t received.
Not sure how their system works with regards to mailing out these certificates.
But their timelines are complete insane.
IRCC agent mentioned to wait till March 1st and if I haven’t received it yet, then I have to email back to the ceremony invite email asking them to send one more copy and I have to wait for 2 more weeks to receive it.
how to obtain the information as to when the certificate is actually mailed out? and how long to wait before calling them up? My ceremony was on Jan 24 and I live in Vancouver but the Oath was completed by a Montreal Judge ( assuming I was still living in Montreal).

They also had the option for pick up on Feb 2nd for everyone who took the oath but sadly from Montreal Office....

ashrafk

Oct 5, 2012
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
01-06-2019
Oath Ceremony: Jan 24, 2023 (Winnipeg, Manitoba Office)

Tracker completed & closed: Jan 26, 2023 (Updated Jan 28, 2023)

Citizenship Certificate received: Feb 06, 2023

Passport Applied: Feb 07, 2023 (In-person walk-in Service Canada - Calgary)

Reactions: yv9205

yv9205

Feb 15, 2022
how to obtain the information as to when the certificate is actually mailed out? and how long to wait before calling them up? My ceremony was on Jan 24 and I live in Vancouver but the Oath was completed by a Montreal Judge ( assuming I was still living in Montreal).

They also had the option for pick up on Feb 2nd for everyone who took the oath but sadly from Montreal Office....
Contact IRCC and they can provide you with the certificate mail out date and after completing 6 weeks from the mail out date, then you can reach out to the oath ceremony office or IRCC customer support for requesting a new certificate.

In my case, I didn’t realize it takes over 3 weeks to receive a canada post regular mail that to from Manitoba to GTA.

Zod91

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Contact IRCC and they can provide you with the certificate mail out date and after completing 6 weeks from the mail out date, then you can reach out to the oath ceremony office or IRCC customer support for requesting a new certificate.

In my case, I didn’t realize it takes over 3 weeks to receive a canada post regular mail that to from Manitoba to GTA.
alrighty.. will give them a call today. Thanks. Hopefully it comes soon.

Reactions: yv9205

wwwbfelix

Feb 2, 2023
just finished the oath today, and the clerk told me that the citizenship certificate process time is within 6 weeks... how come they need 6 weeks to print a certificate.. really can't understand.

• Sad
Reactions: ecekid