+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Fatme2009

Star Member
May 14, 2021
Hi
I applied for my citizenship from bc and now I have received the invite for oath?
Can I take the oath in Toronto and can I apply for citizenship certificate and passport in Toronto?
They have to transfer ur file to whatever province you at u should call ircc but I think if online yes but even u should change ur address cz when they send ur certificate

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi
I applied for my citizenship from bc and now I have received the invite for oath?
Can I take the oath in Toronto and can I apply for citizenship certificate and passport in Toronto?
You can take the oath from anywhere in Canada. When you go to the ceremony, you will speak to an IRCC Official before you see the judge. They will verify your documents and ask you to cut your PR card into four pieces. Then, they will ask where they should send your certificate. You give them your new address, and they update it right there. When you receive the certificate, you can apply for a passport anywhere in Canada as well.

One issue you might have while applying for your passport is if your guarantor is in a different province and cannot sign the application, ID, and photo. Then that is your problem. However, you can do it all anywhere in Canada.

Good luck

brswng

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Victoria
Received the certificate on Thursday. Got the passport on Friday. Urgent passport processing. Applied at 8 am, passport was picked up at 2:30 pm Vancouver BC.

Fatme2009

Star Member
May 14, 2021
Not yet. I think it will be delayed a day or 2 as it was a holiday Monday as well. But it says on ECAS and tracker as completed/closed. So hopefully soon. when you get yours please update :)
Oh good congratulation now u can apply for passport :) Mine also it show closed but didn’t get it yet hopefully I will get it soon and thank u for replying :)

Reactions: sdharan21