+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

PetraAlta

Jan 13, 2023
Last I heard from IRCC, they sent the certificate on Jan 12th .... It is Jan 25th and I am still waiting.

Is there anything I can do? Is this normal?
Its pretty normal…you should get it soon. Some have been waiting way longer than you. If its more than 6 weeks and you haven’t received it you can contact them again.

Reactions: smal_can

Amr0000

Oct 18, 2021
Its pretty normal…you should get it soon. Some have been waiting way longer than you. If its more than 6 weeks and you haven’t received it you can contact them again.
But 6 weeks is insane!! My oath was 9n dec 20 ... the certificate was sent 4 weeks later ... and now I am asked to wait for another 6 weeks! Thats insane I am losing my mind!

Venki7

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Anyone waiting for ECAS status to be closed with Oath on Jan 18th virtually from Niagara Office, my oath is completed on Jan 18th but still no update in new tracker and ECAS and waiting for certificate

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
I received my certificate 2 month ago, around 17 days after my status was completed on ECAS. However, my status still in progress on the new tracker :).

Anyone waiting for ECAS status to be closed with Oath on Jan 18th virtually from Niagara Office, my oath is completed on Jan 18th but still no update in new tracker and ECAS and waiting for certificate

Reactions: Venki7

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
Oath taken on 28th Jan (Saturday).
Application Complete in old ECAS tracker on 29th Jan (Sunday).
Application Closed in new ECAS tracker on 31st Jan (Tuesday).

Not sure what it means, haven't received certificate yet.

Scarborough office, delivery location nearby in GTA.

Venki7

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
ECAS marked Complete on 01/31

Venki7

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017

What I saw in the forum is they dispatch the certificate mostly on when the tracker is marked complete and will take couple of days to few weeks to reach the address

Reactions: Koushani

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

It will take about 2-3 weeks (from the date application is marked closed), if you did not request for your certificate to be expedited.
In our case I requested for certificates to be expedited cpl of days before the ceremony (but it was rejected) but during the Oath ceremony the clerk acknowledge the expedite request and said that she will send the certificate by post the next day provided we send the signed Oath forms(by email) as soon as the ceremony is finished.
Oath: Sep 13
File Closed: Sep 14 (Tracker updated on Sep 15)
Certificate received by standard Canada Post mail: Sep 16
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2021-citizenship-applicants.740188/post-10217822

SCR office

Last edited:
Reactions: Koushani

wink

May 25, 2021
It will take about 2-3 weeks (from the date application is marked closed), if you did not request for your certificate to be expedited.
In our case I requested for certificates to be expedited cpl of days before the ceremony (but it was rejected) but during the Oath ceremony the clerk acknowledge the expedite request and said that she will send the certificate by post the next day provided we send the signed Oath forms(by email) as soon as the ceremony is finished.
Oath: Sep 13
File Closed: Sep 14 (Tracker updated on Sep 15)
Certificate received by standard Canada Post mail: Sep 16
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2021-citizenship-applicants.740188/post-10217822

SCR office
If you don't mind, when you asked for certificate to be expedited, did you provide any proof for travel or just stated that you need to travel? Thanks.