+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Oath date: 17th October 2022.
Oath office: Winnipeg
Certificate: Not received yet.

Called 1800 so many times, they said wait 6 weeks. No action they can take.
This office is a utter disaster, I am so frustrated!!
Hi your entire situation made me so frustrated and angry i have no words. I am heading the same direction. I thought i could sign a relief after my oath but its far from that. I called ircc to request if they can expedite. They told me, to wait 6 weeks before even trying to call them because A- its not their area of expertise. Certificates are handled by the respective offices and teams and B- I should keep emailing them my itinerary.

At the same time i am furious to find out IRCC put your number on some block list if you call them more than once. I called them for the first time last month when my oath date disappeared. I have never called ircc prior to this. In the last two days i tried calling them soo many times and i would get the same recorded message. Then I decided to call from a different number and boom call went through. This is ridiculous and absurd! .

also how tardy this entire system is doesn’t look like i will be able to travel until spring because passport office in my area already told me there’s a backlog on the expedited passport applications as well! This is just so sad! I am so sorry for us!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: trumprefugee

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Hi your situation made me so frustrated and angry i have no words. I thought i could sign a relief after my oath but its far from that. I called ircc to request if they can expedite. They told me, to wait 6 weeks before even trying to call them because A- its not their area of expertise. Certificates are handled by the respective offices and teams and B- I should keep emailing them my itinerary.

At the same time i am furious to find out IRCC put your number on some block list if you call them more than once. I called them for the first time last month when my oath date disappeared. I had to call from a different number to get hold of these people. Doesn’t look like i will be able to travel until spring because passport office in my area already told me there’s a backlog on the expedited passport applications as well! This is just so sad!

Look at my post history buddy, you will see what they have done to me so far! I missed my sibling marriage too and had to cancel flights as well. I told them this during oath as well and provided proof too, nothing. No fucks given!

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Look at my post history buddy, you will see what they have done to me so far! I missed my sibling marriage too and had to cancel flights as well. I told them this during oath as well and provided proof too, nothing. No fucks given!
I did read your previous posts i can sympathize with you. I am very sorry learn your situation. And i am too heading in the same direction as you are. Since we had the same office and got the same response.

Reactions: warrior30

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
I did read your previous posts i can sympathize with you. I am very sorry learn your situation. And i am too heading in the same direction as you are. Since we had the same office and got the same response.
Not necesarily. People who did oath with me, same day same office same time. They got their certificate in 10-12 days without asking it urgent or anything. Just normal timeline. My case is super special that I am waiting until today. lol

Don't lose hope so soon, you only did it on November 4th.

What does your online status say?

Last edited:

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Not necesarily. People who did oath with me, same day same office same time. They got their certificate in 10-12 days without asking it urgent or anything. Just normal timeline. My case is super special that I am waiting until today. lol

Don't lose hope so soon, you only did it on November 4th.

What does your online status say?
Online status - everything completed except for citizenship ceremony in progress. Could you please share how many emails you have send them and if you have received any response?

plus40

Nov 15, 2022
Online status - everything completed except for citizenship ceremony in progress. Could you please share how many emails you have send them and if you have received any response?
same oath office on Nov 8. Ceremony still in progress. In times like these one can relate to the saying “big government is bad. Government is inefficient. Paying more tax won’t necessarily lead to a good outcome”.

kooer

Jun 8, 2016
No worries mate. We are here to help each other.

Just email them and ask. Ask at email id where you sent the oath affirmation and then. Include the initials of the clerk to whom you would have sent the oath form.

All the best.
Thank you! I emailed to confirm the oath form had been received and it was on 26th Oct.... if the Certificate isn't here in the next week I will email, I don't have urgent travel plans and so will wait the 4 weeks before getting frustrated with the process (yet again!)

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Thank you! I emailed to confirm the oath form had been received and it was on 26th Oct.... if the Certificate isn't here in the next week I will email, I don't have urgent travel plans and so will wait the 4 weeks before getting frustrated with the process (yet again!)
Hi, did they ever replied to your email inquiry? could you please share how long it took them to reply to your email?

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
Oath date: 17th October 2022.
Oath office: Winnipeg
Certificate: Not received yet.

Called 1800 so many times, they said wait 6 weeks. No action they can take.
This office is a utter disaster, I am so frustrated!!
It’s really disappointing. I hope you get your certificate soon.

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Got my certificate today!

application was marked complete on 8th Nov. that is the last update date in tracker

You should be getting it s as well today or tomorrow hopefully.
Still waiting for citizenship certificate!! Postman didn't bring my expected letter :(
Last Activity status updated Citizenship oath to Completed: on Nov 4, 2022
I've booked passport surrender appointment for tomorrow and citizenship certificate is not yet in.
Wish they had given tracking number for the post.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Still waiting for citizenship certificate!! Postman didn't bring my expected letter :(
Last Activity status updated Citizenship oath to Completed: on Nov 4, 2022
I've booked passport surrender appointment for tomorrow and citizenship certificate is not yet in.
Wish they had given tracking number for the post.
They send by normal post, so no tracking!

what is the last update date on your application? There is the bold date and then at top there is last updated! I believe its at that time they send Certs. Probably get shipped the next day from mail room based on stamp i see

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Old tracker changed to complete on Monday.
New tracker still shows in progress
Tomorrow will be two weeks after oath

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
They send by normal post, so no tracking!

what is the last update date on your application? There is the bold date and then at top there is last updated! I believe its at that time they send Certs. Probably get shipped the next day from mail room based on stamp i see
I see last citizenship application status updated on November 8, 2022
We had citizenship ceremony on November 2, 2022 conducted by IRCC Niagara Falls Office.
Citizenship oath status updated to Completed on Nov 4, 2022

Hope I get by tomorrow 11AM to utilize my another appointment.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Old tracker changed to complete on Monday.
New tracker still shows in progress
Tomorrow will be two weeks after oath
Me too same situation. I requested urgent processing for certificate but they ignored everything I sent in email. I lost all my hopes . Cmon seriously 3 weeks to send a small piece of paper wow .