+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

dwannous

Oct 14, 2014
I am from 3rd Nov, Niagara.

waiting still. Let us know when you get yours.

i am hoping to get it in this week so i can file for passport soon
Same here Niagara office on 3rd of November. No certificate yet as of today. Did you get yours? Thanks

dwannous

Oct 14, 2014
What is your status on ECAS and on the new tracker?
Ecas says "Complete" with a note saying "You became a Canadian citizen on November 3, 2022". The new tracker still shows "In Progress" with the last update being "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 3, 2022. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation."

Are you from the same batch?

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Ecas says "Complete" with a note saying "You became a Canadian citizen on November 3, 2022". The new tracker still shows "In Progress" with the last update being "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 3, 2022. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation."

Are you from the same batch?
No, I'm November 8th. I applied for urgent processing for the certificate but it looks like they ignored it.

When did your status complete on ECAS?

dwannous

Oct 14, 2014
No, I'm November 8th. I applied for urgent processing for the certificate but it looks like they ignored it.

When did your status complete on ECAS?
I don't know when they updated it. I tried to do an urgent request but they said your request isn't urgent enough :p I tried calling them to ask them if it's been mailed or not but you cannot reach a human!

• Angry
Reactions: mtl-Oct21-2021

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
thesonicbro, who started this thread back in June last year, waited almost 3 months for the cert to arrive from Ottawa office. I think s/he finally managed to move the needle by complaining directly to the Immigration Minister and his deputy.

Similar from-above pressure might be needed with regard to the Winnipeg office...
hi, how do. we do that? I am not from Winnipeg. do i reach out to minister of my city or winnipeg directly?if you know a way to reach out to immigration minister let us know
Such a waste of our time at this stage!!!! we have only 1 exceptional sucess case from winnipeg so far and rest of us is still waiting. I have been emailing DN MB SK email no response. IRCC number is trash and last time when i called they already told me not to call again until 6th week.

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
I don't know when they updated it. I tried to do an urgent request but they said your request isn't urgent enough :p I tried calling them to ask them if it's been mailed or not but you cannot reach a human!
I sent them the booking confirmation.

Did you send them a proof of urgency along with the Oath forms?

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
who is IRCC to decide what is urgent for us and what's not!!!!!!!!! :mad: how do you still have access to ECAS i have no information there. that page directed me to the new tracking system.

dwannous

Oct 14, 2014
I sent them the booking confirmation.

Did you send them a proof of urgency along with the Oath forms?
No I did not. When I was speaking to the agent, I told them that I had tickets booked and my entire family had tickets booked. They said what for. I told them that I haven't seen my family in 5+ years. The guy said this doesn't constitute as an urgent request and then asked me if I would like to reschedule. I told him no of course not, but I'd like things to get expedited.

I should have sent them the booking with the oath.

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
No I did not. When I was speaking to the agent, I told them that I had tickets booked and my entire family had tickets booked. They said what for. I told them that I haven't seen my family in 5+ years. The guy said this doesn't constitute as an urgent request and then asked me if I would like to reschedule. I told him no of course not, but I'd like things to get expedited.

I should have sent them the booking with the oath.
When is your flight? my flight is ealry next month and I'm terrified, don't really now what to do. This is the only vacation for me and I might loose fortune, I have 5 tickets for my family.

dwannous

Oct 14, 2014
When is your flight? my flight is ealry next month and I'm terrified, don't really now what to do. This is the only vacation for me and I might loose fortune, I have 5 tickets for my family.
My flight lapsed already. I lost about 6k worth of tickets for me and the family, and I have already lost two weeks of my vacation. So yeah! I'm stuck.

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
please write email to the DN MB SK email alias with the subject line "URGENT PLEASE RESPONSE" Oath date [initial of the agent] attach you ticket and details in the email. this is just a suggestion you might get lucky.