+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

plus40

Nov 15, 2022
Oath: Nov 8
Office: Winnipeg

This wait with an arbitrary timeline, after IRCC prevents you from travelling abroad, is very frustrating.

Waiting by itself is not a problem for most of us. We’ve been waiting for years to get to this point, after all. So if I would have to wait another 2-4 weeks for a cert to arrive, I should have no problem with that, AS LONG AS my freedom of movement to go abroad is not restricted.

But when IRCC imposes such a restriction for their own procedural reasons, there should be a sense of urgency from them to lift that restriction asap.

Reactions: saba_nik

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
I see last citizenship application status updated on November 8, 2022
We had citizenship ceremony on November 2, 2022 conducted by IRCC Niagara Falls Office.
Citizenship oath status updated to Completed on Nov 4, 2022

Hope I get by tomorrow 11AM to utilize my another appointment.
Oh Man! It is exhausting and sometime insane. No Luck either today.
I had to cancel my another important appointment due to non-availability of Citizenship Certificate.

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Oath: Nov 8

This wait with an arbitrary timeline, after IRCC prevents you from travelling abroad, is very frustrating.

Waiting by itself is not a problem for most of us. We’ve been waiting for years to get to this point, after all. So if I would have to wait another 2-4 weeks for a cert to arrive, I should have no problem with that, AS LONG AS my freedom of movement to go abroad is not restricted.

But when IRCC imposes such a restriction for their own procedural reasons, there should be a sense of urgency from them to lift that restriction asap.
Oath: October 17th
Certificate: Not received!

Haha, tell me more about this absolutely terrible office. I am shocked our taxes are used as salary for people who work like this!

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Yet IRCC had the audacity to send me survey this morning how well they did and not the certificate. I am seriously considering to call Commissioner of Oath in Winnipeg. They have these ridiculous outdated rules we have to comply which is fine for me to follow. But their lack of responsibility is costing my livelihood!!!

plus40

Nov 15, 2022
My Processing office was Vancouver but the Oath ceremony was from Winnipeg
So you finished your Oath with Winnipeg on Oct31 and then received the cert on Nov 9 in Victoria? That's incredibly fast for a notoriously slow office! Do you mind telling us what are the initials of the clerk who received your oath affirmation? Mine is "XM" and I did the oath on Nov 8 with Winnipeg and if I were as fortunate as you, I'd have received my cert by now, too!

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
So you finished your Oath with Winnipeg on Oct31 and then received the cert on Nov 9 in Victoria? That's incredibly fast for a notoriously slow office! Do you mind telling us what are the initials of the clerk who received your oath affirmation? Mine is "XM" and I did the oath on Nov 8 with Winnipeg and if I were as fortunate as you, I'd have received my cert by now, too!
November 8th?
October 17th here, still waiting. This particular Winnipeg office is pathetic!

plus40

Nov 15, 2022
thesonicbro, who started this thread back in June last year, waited almost 3 months for the cert to arrive from Ottawa office. I think s/he finally managed to move the needle by complaining directly to the Immigration Minister and his deputy.

Similar from-above pressure might be needed with regard to the Winnipeg office...

• Wow
Reactions: saou17