+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Yeah, I suspect perhaps the agents in that office have been told to be harsh on people asking for expedited certificate to discourage people from making up travel plans to get expedited certificate and make sure that @warrior30 's case actually is legitimate. The fact that the agent said to send the flight tickets suggests they will try to prioritize but don't want to guarantee anything
Thursday has also gone. Online ceremony status: In progress Sigh :( Looks like I should give up all the hope I had to attend my sister marriage next week, will cancel my flight tickets tomorrow. :( Considering how other IRCC office clerks are so nice and accommodating where they do consider legitimate expedite requests with respect. I am deeply appalled and disgusted at this Winnipeg office. What an absolute nightmare. Does anyone know how to file a complaint against an IRCC office?

• Sad
Reactions: trumprefugee

Gondal27

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Can we apply new Canadian passport abroad after getting the citizenship certificate after oath ceremony or we have to get first passport from within Canada. Is there any restriction? After oath ceremony one will cut PR card and receives citizenship certificate and then one can apply later on from abroad the first Canadian passport. Is that possible or there is any restriction on getting passport from abroad?
Response is appreciated.

Nyayaa

Feb 17, 2022
L
Thursday has also gone. Online ceremony status: In progress Sigh :( Looks like I should give up all the hope I had to attend my sister marriage next week, will cancel my flight tickets tomorrow. :( Considering how other IRCC office clerks are so nice and accommodating where they do consider legitimate expedite requests with respect. I am deeply appalled and disgusted at this Winnipeg office. What an absolute nightmare. Does anyone know how to file a complaint against an IRCC office?
It’s so annoying, I hope it gets better. I also did my oath with the Winnipeg office on the 18th. I had expedited processing approval for my application which the registration person confirmed but no movement yet. I’ll try to contact them or call the Call centre next week.

• Sad
Reactions: warrior30

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
L
It’s so annoying, I hope it gets better. I also did my oath with the Winnipeg office on the 18th. I had expedited processing approval for my application which the registration person confirmed but no movement yet. I’ll try to contact them or call the Call centre next week.
I messaged you.

Reactions: Nyayaa

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Can we apply new Canadian passport abroad after getting the citizenship certificate after oath ceremony or we have to get first passport from within Canada. Is there any restriction? After oath ceremony one will cut PR card and receives citizenship certificate and then one can apply later on from abroad the first Canadian passport. Is that possible or there is any restriction on getting passport from abroad?
Response is appreciated.
No restrictions. You can apply here or abroad.

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Please, don’t make stupid questions, how IRCC can separate you in a virtual ceremony???
The clerk is going to put you in different virtual windows with your numbers- but you still same room ( of your house).
I read somewhere that you both can put the seat numbers in the name if you want to use one device. Someone who knows for sure can comment. But I don't see anything wrong in using one device

Reactions: Farah2018

manu77

May 26, 2022
My spouse and I applied for citizenship online separately. We got virtual oath invitation for the same ceremony. We have separate seat numbers. Is it possible to attend the ceremony together using the same device? If "yes", how to do that?
Forum members, please share your opinions. Thanks.
Yes,you can use same computer, just login and use your number sperated by comma e.g 23 ,46 ..when the clerk comes to the private room ,the clerk will see it and you explain yourself as a family before your cut your pr card..sorry for the person caling ur question stupid..tbis a faceless forum and you have all type of people with diff approach to life ..we just need to be polite .

Reactions: Farah2018

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Response is appreciated.
Yes you can apply at the Canadian embassy in your home country, no issues. Fill the correct forms, get photos, fees payment online and its easy. Always contact the consular section first though to find out how they accept applications (inperson or by mail, courier etc)

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
I totally understand your frustration, I've been in that situation multiple times. But with all due respect, you should have anticipated all of that. If I were you with travel plans and tickets bought for sister's wedding, I would have opted out of the oath and do it later. This process has always been a waiting game, you could've waited a little more, no? If your argument is that you wanted to get it over with, then be it and have a little more patience. It will all be over soon and you will look back at it with a smile. You are a "warrior" come on :) Cheers!

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
I totally understand your frustration, I've been in that situation multiple times. But with all due respect, you should have anticipated all of that. If I were you with travel plans and tickets bought for sister's wedding, I would have opted out of the oath and do it later. This process has always been a waiting game, you could've waited a little more, no? If your argument is that you wanted to get it over with, then be it and have a little more patience. It will all be over soon and you will look back at it with a smile. You are a "warrior" come on :) Cheers!

I opted for oath after reading other people's post. It gave me hope and positivity that clerks do understand legitimate valid urgent travel plans and are very accomodating. I read posts from people that had oath at Niagra, Scarborough, Vancouver office. Some were even able to pick it up in person the next day. If not in person, all of them got it within a week into their hands. That gave me really good hope that Winnipeg clerks will understand my already existing travel plans and will help me. IRCC is same everywhere, right? Same entity. So how come other offices can be so accommodating towards legit urgent plans with proof provided, but WInnipeg office can be total opposite even when I gave them all the proof?

I just can't believe how they have completely ignored every single request and email. This is such an emotional and absurd disaster!!!

Regarding your warrior comment, I might be a warrior for myself but I just cannot see my sister and family crying because I missed the wedding because of Winnipeg office stupidity and lack of respect for applicant's genuine request.

Reactions: Toronto1971

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
This is an amazing forum where we forum members help each other with information. From your response, I can see that you did not understand my question. If you don't understand/like any questions, don't answer that. But please don't make negative comments. FYI, this was an old post of mine. I already took the oath with my spouse using the same device, same window and finished the whole procedure together despite it was not a family application. I would like to thank the forum members who provided me with helpful information when I posted that question.

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
This is an amazing forum where we forum members help each other with information. From your response, I can see that you did not understand my question. If you don't understand/like any questions, don't answer that. But please don't make negative comments. FYI, this was an old post of mine. I already took the oath with my spouse using the same device, same window and finished the whole procedure together despite it was not a family application. I would like to thank the forum members who provided me with helpful information when I posted that question.
I’m sorry, not intended to offend anyone, but during my Oath everyone had its own window- all the family , same device, different windows because when you sign the Oath Form should not be in group, but personal. Personal Oath Form & number for each person

Reactions: asamad88

thaikashaikh

Nov 12, 2016
I attended my virtual oath on 17th October conducted by Scarborough office and my residence is at Scarborough as well. I got a response for my email regarding the status of my citizenship certificate dispatch that the certificate was issued and mailed on 18th October via canada post and they had indicated i should receive it in 2-4 weeks. In the citizenship tracker the status has not changed from in process for my citizenship ceremony in spite of my citizenship certificate being dispatched. Any idea the actual approximate time when i should receive my citizenship certificate (the office is just 2 minutes away from my residence)

Reactions: Toronto1971

asamad88

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
I attended my virtual oath on 17th October conducted by Scarborough office and my residence is at Scarborough as well. I got a response for my email regarding the status of my citizenship certificate dispatch that the certificate was issued and mailed on 18th October via canada post and they had indicated i should receive it in 2-4 weeks. In the citizenship tracker the status has not changed from in process for my citizenship ceremony in spite of my citizenship certificate being dispatched. Any idea the actual approximate time when i should receive my citizenship certificate (the office is just 2 minutes away from my residence)
hopefully in 2-3 days..

It doesn't matter if your house is minutes away from office, Canada Post picks up from the office, takes it to the CP's hub and then dispatches.