+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Hello
My oath was today ( 17 oct) online from manitoba office but i am based in ottawa
I tried to ask for urgent processing as i have travel plans mid nov but was told it is not urgent even though it is for work.
they said no promises it will be treated as urgent. Any idea how long it takes these daya to send certificate to ottawa ? Also is there any place where i can go pick it up ? I asked in the ceremony but the agent did now know.
Thank you
Hey, I had my oath today too, Oct 17th. Winnipeg office.

I had the exact same experience with them. I asked the clerk who checked our documents for expedited certificate delivery since my sister is getting married in Germany (I have the formal invitation letter from her and flight tickets) next week. So 10 days from now. She said not possible. I even told her I am willing to fly to Winnipeg from Vancouver to pick up certificate in person if needed. She said not possible. According to her, my real blood sister getting married for the first time is not valid reasoning for expedited/urgent certificate request. I was really sad and disappointed with that.

She even told me to cancel the oath ceremony and reschedule. WTF. A moment I waited for being 11 years in Canada. I told her, no please continue I don't want to cancel the oath.

In the end, she said send the flight tickets along with oath signed form, but no guarantee certificate will be on time. So you might have to miss the marriage. Sad :(

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

I had the exact same experience with them. I asked the clerk who checked our documents for expedited certificate delivery since my sister is getting married in Germany (I have the formal invitation letter from her and flight tickets) next week. So 10 days from now. She said not possible. I even told her I am willing to fly to Winnipeg from Vancouver to pick up certificate in person if needed. She said not possible. According to her, my real blood sister getting married for the first time is not valid reasoning for expedited/urgent certificate request. I was really sad and disappointed with that.

She even told me to cancel the oath ceremony and reschedule. WTF. A moment I waited for being 11 years in Canada. I told her, no please continue I don't want to cancel the oath.

In the end, she said send the flight tickets along with oath signed form, but no guarantee certificate will be on time. So you might have to miss the marriage. Sad :(
If I read in between the lines she will try and expedite, otherwise she would not have asked you to send flight ticket details etc... Only issue what I suspect is the certificate might end up being issued from Winnipeg and sent over to you in Vancouver. Just keep an eye on when your tracker is marked closed that is usually and indicator that the certificated has been dispatched

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
If I read in between the lines she will try and expedite, otherwise she would not have asked you to send flight ticket details etc... Only issue what I suspect is the certificate might end up being issued from Winnipeg and sent over to you in Vancouver. Just keep an eye on when your tracker is marked closed that is usually and indicator that the certificated has been dispatched
I really hope what you are saying is true and trying my best to be optimistic. I will keep an eye on the online tracker. thank you for the small bit of positivity. I was extremely happy and emotional to become Canadian, but got overwhelmed with the sadness of possibility of missing a sibling's marriage.

Reactions: abbas.pasha

manu77

May 26, 2022

Hope you get it soon

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Oath office: Winnipeg MB
Oath Date: 17th October 2022
Tracker: No update yet
Asked to be expedited, also provided proof of urgent travel. Not sure if it will be as the clerk did not give a positive answer.

Any other oct 17th Oath people here? :)

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Any idea about certificate delays in NGF?
NGF actually is one of the fastest offices if not the fastest at sending out the certificates

Reactions: asamad88

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Yeah, I suspect perhaps the agents in that office have been told to be harsh on people asking for expedited certificate to discourage people from making up travel plans to get expedited certificate and make sure that @warrior30 's case actually is legitimate. The fact that the agent said to send the flight tickets suggests they will try to prioritize but don't want to guarantee anything

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
I took oath on October 17. Oath office was Manitoba but I live in Toronto. The online tracker is still showing status of the application and Citizenship ceremony "In progress". What does that mean? The application status should be closed and the citizenship ceremony status should be completed. Why is these statuses are different?

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Those fat lazy government workers don't give a crap about anything except their own comfort. I wouldn't bother asking.

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
I took oath on October 17. Oath office was Manitoba but I live in Toronto. The online tracker is still showing status of the application and Citizenship ceremony "In progress". What does that mean? The application status should be closed and the citizenship ceremony status should be completed. Why is these statuses are different?

Same status, still in progress. I took it on 17th too. Winnipeg office. I live in Vancouver.

Reactions: Farah2018

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Yeah, I suspect perhaps the agents in that office have been told to be harsh on people asking for expedited certificate to discourage people from making up travel plans to get expedited certificate and make sure that @warrior30 's case actually is legitimate. The fact that the agent said to send the flight tickets suggests they will try to prioritize but don't want to guarantee anything
I highly doubt it even though I am trying to be optimistic. How my legitimate with proof urgent travel request was brushed off in a nonchalant and dismissive way, it still irks me. My ceremony tracker status hasn't even changed, been 2 days still says "In progress". Forget about urgent certificate dispatch.

Missing my sister's marriage because of this stupidity and cancelling a 2500$ ticket. I just can't comprehend their entitlement level. I had one IRCC agent say that right on my face few weeks ago when I called them: You need us more than we need you, so you have to adjust to whatever we do. Arrogance at its best!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: trumprefugee

Dee3186

Aug 8, 2022
I highly doubt it even though I am trying to be optimistic. How my legitimate with proof urgent travel request was brushed off in a nonchalant and dismissive way, it still irks me. My ceremony tracker status hasn't even changed, been 2 days still says "In progress". Forget about urgent certificate dispatch.

Missing my sister's marriage because of this stupidity and cancelling a 2500$ ticket. I just can't comprehend their entitlement level. I had one IRCC agent say that right on my face few weeks ago when I called them: You need us more than we need you, so you have to adjust to whatever we do. Arrogance at its best!
I think it all depends on the IRCC officer who verifies your details during oath ceremony. My officer was very pleasant and polite when I asked for expedited processing of the certificate because of my business trip. She told me to send the signed form right away after the oath with the tickets. She said that she would verify the documents and if my case gets approved, she would dispatch the certificate. My ceremony was on Wednesday last week. She mailed it out on Friday and my tracker got updated to closed on the same day. I got my certificate today (3 days to get the certificate from Scarborough to Mississauga)

manu77

May 26, 2022
I think it all depends on the IRCC officer who verifies your details during oath ceremony. My officer was very pleasant and polite when I asked for expedited processing of the certificate because of my business trip. She told me to send the signed form right away after the oath with the tickets. She said that she would verify the documents and if my case gets approved, she would dispatch the certificate. My ceremony was on Wednesday last week. She mailed it out on Friday and my tracker got updated to closed on the same day. I got my certificate today (3 days to get the certificate from Scarborough to Mississauga)
You got it via canada post or courier??

manu77

May 26, 2022
canada post
Scarborough office is the biggest and the fastest in shipping out certificate after oath ceremony often within a week if you live within gta you will get it less than a week, yours was shipped via normal processing like every other person on ur oath ceremony day ...if it express then it shiped next day and you get it via purolator courier delivered to you not canada post. But it ok you got your certificate ...congratulations !