+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

xt86

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Hi @xt86
I also have very urgent travel plan for health reasons.
Could you please share your experience how you were able to get the agent to agree with pickup? I didn't know that's possible. They let you pick up at a Vancouver location?
Anything helps! Thank you!
I didn't send any request before the ceremony, but during the registration phase of the ceremony, when I talked to the IRCC agent (in the zoom private room, when you show your ID and cut the PR card), I mentioned I had business meeting in a few weeks that I wanted to attend, so I would like to be able to get the certificate quickly so I could apply for a passport and be able to travel. She asked if I have proof of the travel, and that I would need to send it after the ceremony together with the oath form, and then she said I can either pick up the certificate (two days later), or they can send it to me by some express service. I chose to pick it up, which is from IRCC downtown location in Vancouver (near BC place). She sent me an email with all the instructions, and the specifc date and time. Picking up the certificate downtown was very quick and simple, they were no lines, and I only waited a couple of minutes.

Like I mentioned above, she said only my own certificate will be processed urgently (since the business travel I mentioned only applies to me), and the children's certificates will be mailed separately (which I assumed would take 2-4 weeks). But apparently, the children's certificate were also handled quite quickly, since they were sent the next day, and I got them a couple of days later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sisimaru1016

Sh1234567890

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Hi,
I am in a similar situation and also in Vancouver. Do they just require the ticket copy or do they require additional documentation as well.

thanks

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Vancouver office as well, and had the oath ceremony on Oct 4th. During ceremony registration I mentioned upcoming travel in a few weeks, so the agent agreed to let me pick up my certificate on Oct 6th, and said the children's certificates will be mailed as usual. Anyway I got the children's certificates on Oct 7th, so I guess they were sent them express as well (stamp on envelope was Oct 5th). Case was also closed on Oct 6th.
Hey could you please tell me what documents did you shown to agent for pick up certificate?

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
Hi,
All the Family members receive the Citizenship Certificates in the same envelope OR a separate envelope for each person in the family with their certificate?

Thank you,
Everyone in the family will receive their certificate in separate envelopes.

Sisimaru1016

Nov 27, 2021
I didn't send any request before the ceremony, but during the registration phase of the ceremony, when I talked to the IRCC agent (in the zoom private room, when you show your ID and cut the PR card), I mentioned I had business meeting in a few weeks that I wanted to attend, so I would like to be able to get the certificate quickly so I could apply for a passport and be able to travel. She asked if I have proof of the travel, and that I would need to send it after the ceremony together with the oath form, and then she said I can either pick up the certificate (two days later), or they can send it to me by some express service. I chose to pick it up, which is from IRCC downtown location in Vancouver (near BC place). She sent me an email with all the instructions, and the specifc date and time. Picking up the certificate downtown was very quick and simple, they were no lines, and I only waited a couple of minutes.

Like I mentioned above, she said only my own certificate will be processed urgently (since the business travel I mentioned only applies to me), and the children's certificates will be mailed separately (which I assumed would take 2-4 weeks). But apparently, the children's certificate were also handled quite quickly, since they were sent the next day, and I got them a couple of days later.
thank you for sharing your experience!

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
My spouse and I applied for citizenship online separately. We got virtual oath invitation for the same ceremony. We have separate seat numbers. Is it possible to attend the ceremony together using the same device? If "yes", how to do that?
Forum members, please share your opinions. Thanks.

Last edited:

LSC

Dec 3, 2017
Hello
My oath was today ( 17 oct) online from manitoba office but i am based in ottawa
I tried to ask for urgent processing as i have travel plans mid nov but was told it is not urgent even though it is for work.
they said no promises it will be treated as urgent. Any idea how long it takes these daya to send certificate to ottawa ? Also is there any place where i can go pick it up ? I asked in the ceremony but the agent did now know.
Thank you

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hello
My oath was today ( 17 oct) online from manitoba office but i am based in ottawa
I tried to ask for urgent processing as i have travel plans mid nov but was told it is not urgent even though it is for work.
they said no promises it will be treated as urgent. Any idea how long it takes these daya to send certificate to ottawa ? Also is there any place where i can go pick it up ? I asked in the ceremony but the agent did now know.
Thank you
Ooph I've heard that the SK MB office is slow, so you might be waiting another month. I doubt they would let you pick up, given that you are pretty far away. Usually the certificate is sent out the day your ceremony shows as Completed in the tracker and your application status shows as Closed. I'm also in Ottawa but had my oath with Niagara Falls. They sent out my certificate the day after (based on postmark date on the envelope, which was also the day when my file was closed), but it took 7 days to arrive at my house - although Canada Post seems to be slow in general to deliver to me.

LSC

Dec 3, 2017
Ooph I've heard that the SK MB office is slow, so you might be waiting another month. I doubt they would let you pick up, given that you are pretty far away. Usually the certificate is sent out the day your ceremony shows as Completed in the tracker and your application status shows as Closed. I'm also in Ottawa but had my oath with Niagara Falls. They sent out my certificate the day after (based on postmark date on the envelope, which was also the day when my file was closed), but it took 7 days to arrive at my house - although Canada Post seems to be slow in general to deliver to me.
Thank you that was very helpful so basically they send them from the office who does ceremony not the office who is your local one. For some reason i thought it woukd be available in the system and i would pick it up from any office
Niagra falls was my original processing office

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thank you that was very helpful so basically they send them from the office who does ceremony not the office who is your local one. For some reason i thought it woukd be available in the system and i would pick it up from any office
Niagra falls was my original processing office
Correct, the office that does the ceremony prints and sends the certificate. It sure would be nice if our local offices could print the certificate for pickup! Or maybe not for us Ottawa residents at least, since Ottawa is THE slowest office.

Interesting. In the last few months, it seems that a number of people outside of SK and MB have had oath with the SK MB office. It does seem that Niagara Falls has gotten more busy and backlogged with oaths lately, so maybe SK MB has more capacity to do oaths. But that office likes to take its time in general it seems.

asamad88

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
Correct, the office that does the ceremony prints and sends the certificate. It sure would be nice if our local offices could print the certificate for pickup! Or maybe not for us Ottawa residents at least, since Ottawa is THE slowest office.

Interesting. In the last few months, it seems that a number of people outside of SK and MB have had oath with the SK MB office. It does seem that Niagara Falls has gotten more busy and backlogged with oaths lately, so maybe SK MB has more capacity to do oaths. But that office likes to take its time in general it seems.
Any idea about certificate delays in NGF?