+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Just to highlight some notes based on my experience with IRCC and my work background.

For paper applications, I believe only the agent working on your case has access to the new tracker. However, if your file moved to another office for the Oath, the new office can update your status only on the old tracker (ECAS). The reason I believe that is that my status still in progress on the new tracker after 16 days of updating the ECAS and 3 days after receiving the certificates.

Another note: Some agents are not following the perfect procedure for every case. In other words, some agents will not update your status for a process (e.g. Language skills) even if he is done with it.

Finally, the online tracker does not have some important status especialy for the certificates as they didn't consider the Oath to be held online when developing the system (that's why some active agents leave notes for printing, sending, etc). On the other hand, the different status are updated be a human which means there will be random results for every case.

In sum, don't count too much on the online tracker. At the same time, don't get panic from the bad experience of some cases on the forums, and don't take the IRCC call centre serious as they can only see what available on the tracker.

Good luck for everyone !

Lahari P

Nov 26, 2022
My Oath ceremony was completed on October 12th 2022 and still not received my certificate. Its been 6 weeks from the day of my oath ceremony. My Citizenship application Oath status status says "completed" on Oct 12th 2022.

Can anyone help me how to follow up and what is the procedure to get the details?

Should I resend the Oath ceremony details to the IRCC email?

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
My Oath ceremony was completed on October 12th 2022 and still not received my certificate. Its been 6 weeks from the day of my oath ceremony. My Citizenship application Oath status status says "completed" on Oct 12th 2022.

Can anyone help me how to follow up and what is the procedure to get the details?

Should I resend the Oath ceremony details to the IRCC email?

Hi, I am in a similar situation. Oath was on 17th October 2022.

What is your oath office?

asamad88

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
@gappy31600 Thank you for sharing all the details. if you have seen one of my recent comment here, about my conversation with the IRCC agent where he blatantly affirm there is no way agents can see when or if the certificate has been shipped. He sure made me look like I am the crazy one here. And ended up saying I will have the same response should I choose to call back again, its a personal choice if i wish to call back again, asking about this question as the answer will be same!!!

And let me tell you i have seen multiple post here confirming people were able to get shipping date from the agents over the phone. winnipeg and montreal office have terrible reputations for mishandling cases. Guess what these two cities have in common???? i think being a bum is a french thing LOL i also happen to reside in mtl SMH!

I am happy for you, that you have the certificate finally! Congratulation :)
in my case, the IRCC agent on the phone gave me PUROLATOR's tracking ID.

I requested for urgent dispatch of certificate

Reactions: mtl-Oct21-2021

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
in my case, the IRCC agent on the phone gave me PUROLATOR's tracking ID.

I requested for urgent dispatch of certificate
Hey this is a complete new information. How long was it ago? When was and which office did your oath and when did u received the certificate? Thanks in advance!

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
I would say wait till 28th and then on 29th if you still don't have it call the agent and let them know its been 6 weeks already. You might have to fill the solemn declaration . Here's hoping you don't have to go that route. I had a call with an agent on 14th Oct (before my 6 week deadline) while following up for my certificate and the agent sent an email to me declaring what i need to do if i dont receive it by 6 weeks. I will paste the email body in my next comment here.
6 weeks from oath date or 6 weeks from certificate dispatch date?? Agents give me conflicting information.

Oath was on 17th October 2022.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
If I do not have certificate in my hand after 23 days of Oath and everything completed since 3 weeks so I have bad taste in mouth being new citizen.
This kind of “neglect” does leave a bad taste as a long lasting memory!

wish you all the best!

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Mine was sent on 9th November as per the call center agent, but I still have not received it. Is it deemed lost by Canada Post? How long should I wait?
Oath: 17th october!
It should not take that long to get to you! Call the call centre and email them that you have not received. Also email the MP to see if the office can help

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
6 weeks from oath date or 6 weeks from certificate dispatch date?? Agents give me conflicting information.

Oath was on 17th October 2022.
I would say 6 weeks from oath date. Let them say what they want. On the next day after your six weeks are over ( from 17th Oct) call the helpline and tell them you were told that it will be here in 6 weeks. They should then send a message to the processing office.

Did you read this thread?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-certificate-not-received.770883/

Nov 25, 2022
Hi all, Here is my timeline,

Oath ceremony Virtual - November 2nd, 2022
Oath status set to complete - November 3rd, 2022
File closed, Citizenship application approved - November 5th, 2022
Office - Niagra falls

To date i have not received my citizenship certificate. I have emailed 3-4 times to Niagra IRCC email address, also submitted proof of travel through IRCC Webform. NOT A SINGLE REPLY so far.

I am thinking of resending my oath and also solemn declaration form on 15th December 2022 (once 6 weeks have lapsed) to the Niagra falls office email id as well as via WEB form.

In case i still do not get a response, then i will probably send the solemn declaration to Nova scotia address (address printed on solemn declaration form).

Thanks,
Ambreen

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
I would say 6 weeks from oath date. Let them say what they want. On the next day after your six weeks are over ( from 17th Oct) call the helpline and tell them you were told that it will be here in 6 weeks. They should then send a message to the processing office.

Did you read this thread?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-certificate-not-received.770883/
I called IRCC this morning. Agents are saying 6 weeks from certificate mailing date NOT oath date. Oath was on 17th October.

They said they cannot do anything 6 weeks from mailing date, which would be Christmas. So now I have to wait till Christmas? WTF :(

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022
I called IRCC this morning. Agents are saying 6 weeks from certificate mailing date NOT oath date. Oath was on 17th October.

They said they cannot do anything 6 weeks from mailing date, which would be Christmas. So now I have to wait till Christmas? WTF :(
How do you find out the mailing date?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Anyone from Saskatchewan office Oath November 8th waiting for certificate? These people are so idiots. They are proving conflicting information.