+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Nov 25, 2022
Keep calling and say that you were told 6 weeks from oath date and say you were told they will send the request to processing office. Keep trying different agents.

Otherwise I would say fill the solemn declaration and send it to your office where you sent the oath form at first. That is what was done by people and were told to do to the people in the thread i shared.
Yes that is the plan, email solemn declaration form to Niagra office once 6 weeks have lapsed

Sh1234567890

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Finally some good news for people from the Winnipeg office!!! I am from Vancouver and my oath was virtual on the 21st (10:30 am slot) with the Winnipeg office. Today I got an update on my account. On the 29 of November (today) my status was updated and it says my file was completed on the 25th of November.

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
I got lucky today and got to speak to an agent who seems to know a thing or two lol. My certificate was shipped on Nov 25th through canada post by regular mail. No tracking is available :(

( future applicants who is reading this comment you can request for Xpress service or mail with tracking at the time of your oath) Had i known this i would have mentioned that.

Other than this agent on the phone also told me it could take 6 weeks from Nov 25th for my certificate to arrive and if by 6th I do not receive my certificate she advised me solem decalaration route.

Once again she Congratulate me on becoming a new citizen and said welcome home! :|

• Oath Nov 8th Winnipeg Office
  • New Tracker- last update Oct 15th
  • Your citizenship application status: In progress
  • IRCC agent on the phone confirmed -certificate mailed on Nov 25th via regular mail on Canada Post.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I got lucky today and got to speak to an agent who seems to know a thing or two lol. My certificate was shipped on Nov 25th through canada post by regular mail. No tracking is available :(

( future applicants who is reading this comment you can request for Xpress service or mail with tracking at the time of your oath) Had i known this i would have mentioned that.

Other than this agent on the phone also told me it could take 6 weeks from Nov 25th for my certificate to arrive and if by 6th I do not receive my certificate she advised me solem decalaration route.

Once again she Congratulate me on becoming a new citizen and said welcome home! :|

• IRCC agent on the phone confirmed -certificate mailed on Nov 25th via regular mail on Canada Post.
When did your application got closed?

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Finally some good news for people from the Winnipeg office!!! I am from Vancouver and my oath was virtual on the 21st (10:30 am slot) with the Winnipeg office. Today I got an update on my account. On the 29 of November (today) my status was updated and it says my file was completed on the 25th of November.
How is that good news for us all? lol
Good new for you only I guess. I have been waiting since 17th October 2022, Winnipeg office!

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022

You would think i did not try this option, I mentioned this during oath (17th october) and afterwards over email as well for Express Post.

It really completely depends on the clerk touching your file, mine is a pure evil. All my emails and other requests, all went completely ignored and unanswered!

Sh1234567890

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
How is that good news for us all? lol
Good new for you only I guess. I have been waiting since 17th October 2022, Winnipeg office!
Good news in the sense that there is movement in the Winnipeg office and things are turning around fairly quickly for people who recently took the oath - you're not the only one in that office. I have had people waiting on the same timelines with the same office as me and have asked me to update once there was movement.. I understand it was very unfortunate what happened in your case but no need to be snarky.

Reactions: karkik

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Good news in the sense that there is movement in the Winnipeg office and things are turning around fairly quickly for people who recently took the oath - you're not the only one in that office. I have had people waiting on the same timelines with the same office as me and have asked me to update once there was movement.. I understand it was very unfortunate what happened in your case but no need to be snarky.

Then don't post stuff like "Good news for Winnipeg office people" just because you had an update? Your progress does not mean others will get an update. You aren't the only one from Winnipeg office.

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Keep calling and say that you were told 6 weeks from oath date and say you were told they will send the request to processing office. Keep trying different agents.

Otherwise I would say fill the solemn declaration and send it to your office where you sent the oath form at first. That is what was done by people and were told to do to the people in the thread i shared.
I have been calling almost everyday, 2-3 times since past 4 weeks. Nothing has changed.
Oath date 17th october 2022

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
hi Everyone, I:) JUST RECEIVED MY CERTIFICATE IN MAIL.
Congratulations! for getting certificate in your hand. This must be much relief.
What is certificate post date?
We've same timeline and I'm yet to get certificate.

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
You would think i did not try this option, I mentioned this during oath (17th october) and afterwards over email as well for Express Post.

It really completely depends on the clerk touching your file, mine is a pure evil. All my emails and other requests, all went completely ignored and unanswered!
Don’t be shy tell us the name or initials of the bum clerk so future people know what they are up against should they decide to read these comments.

It’s so sad we are at the mercy of these clerks who is not even willing to do the bare minimum. This entire certificate experience has surely left a bad taste of becoming a new Canadian. I have yet to apply for passport and not looking forward to it