+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
The thing is they didn't put any stamps on my passport. I have two solutions: listing the date and adding explanation in the cover letter, or not listing the date and adding explanation in the cover letter. Is there any difference?
Actually, I just checked my passport. I do not see a stamp from US, but only from Canada. I'm going to make a judgement call here, and mention it anyway on the calculator.

What is the cover letter for ?

arax30th

Nov 26, 2012
Actually, I just checked my passport. I do not see a stamp from US, but only from Canada. I'm going to make a judgement call here, and mention it anyway on the calculator.

What is the cover letter for ?
Cover letter is not required, but it is always good to have one in my opinion. I'm writing it to clarify anything that might not be clear, such as the flag polling, etc.

lost_passport

Oct 9, 2017
Hey all,
I have a quick question which I appreciate if you could share your thoughts about. I am eligible under the new law, however, a few days ago, I lost my passport (my car got broken into); I reported it to the police and they cancelled my passport from my nationality of origin. two days after (today), I got a call from a blocked number and someone told me they found my passport along with a sticker that I always keep on it with my phone number. I was told to go pick it up from a coffee shop.
Cutting the story short, do you think having reported my passport lost and now being in its possession might cause a problem? (I assume its good that I found it, since it can help them verify my stamps?, but have no valid passport since it got cancelled by the police); This stresses me because I'm not sure how the officers would look at this incidence, and whether they would send it down the non-traditional pathway (RQ) or not ...

lboxixodl

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2013 In Process......: 13-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-10-2012 2thMed's Done: 10-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Hi all,
I have silly question. What should I write on date my current address or my current job. Should I leave blank the present date? or I should put application signing date.

coolboys

Apr 5, 2014
Hi

I am applying for citizenship under new rule. I have some confusion, I have so many USA trips and also I have single day trip to USA, I have to mention this all trips and also I went for India 1 month and will coming back to Canada I have hold in uk for 10 hours. So I went outside to meet my uncle may be 6 hours. Did I have to mention this one too?

srionline117

Star Member
Dec 9, 2012
Yes being it’s another country and more over you had gone out. I would add info in the form.

I suggest you please wait for some time to see others reply what they think on this forum.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi

I am applying for citizenship under new rule. I have some confusion, I have so many USA trips and also I have single day trip to USA, I have to mention this all trips and also I went for India 1 month and will coming back to Canada I have hold in uk for 10 hours. So I went outside to meet my uncle may be 6 hours. Did I have to mention this one too?
Yes, mention all trips even if day trips. It says so on the FAQ and in the guide. I would quote them for you here, but I already did it countless times in the last week on this forum, so i'm refraining from repeating.

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
Yes, mention all trips even if day trips. It says so on the FAQ and in the guide. I would quote them for you here, but I already did it countless times in the last week on this forum, so i'm refraining from repeating.
If your exits out of Canada do NOT exceed 183 days as per old rules, all you needed to do is tick 'No' and do not have to report anything. The form clearly asks your consent to collect these information from CBSA, and it also states that you should not contact CBSA yourself for anything. Again, when the new rules kick in Oct. 11, the physical presence requirement is automatically removed - whatever exit/entry history will be obtained directly from CBSA, so I really don't see why you would be providing what's not asked, and better still wait for the new forms and 'guidelines' for the new rules.

Qamar29

Jun 16, 2017
Mississauga
Hi there,
I have confusion regarding my case. I'll apply for my citizenship on Oct 12 according to new law C6. I came to Canada as a protected person and got my PR card on Feb 2015. My back home passport has expired on May 2015. And I didn't renew it, because I couldn't go back to back home. So how I'll explain it that why I didn't renew my passport.
I'll be appreciate for yours suggestions.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your exits out of Canada do NOT exceed 183 days as per old rules, all you needed to do is tick 'No' and do not have to report anything. The form clearly asks your consent to collect these information from CBSA, and it also states that you should not contact CBSA yourself for anything. Again, when the new rules kick in Oct. 11, the physical presence requirement is automatically removed - whatever exit/entry history will be obtained directly from CBSA, so I really don't see why you would be providing what's not asked, and better still wait for the new forms and 'guidelines' for the new rules.
Bad advice. All trips outside of Canada should be inputsd into the calculator. Let it do the work.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I hope you're aware of the physical presence calculator. We need to mention all trips including day trips on it, take a print out and submit with the application.